Preserved from CalaisTurbo (partial recovery). Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Hi fellas,
A few days ago I saw a beautiful yellow BT1 drive past me in the city. It was the first time I've seen one in years (yeah, I mustn't get out as much as I used to!).
I always intended on buying myself one "one day", so though: why not now!?! Jumping on carsales etc, it seems they're not as common as they once were.
I've been out of the market for so long, I don't have much of an idea what a relatively clean and relatively standard one now costs. Can you give me an idea of how much I need to offer these days to entice someone to let one go???
Thanks!
0 likes
20-35k mate to be honest, people will ask for more and you'll hear a million stories of "my mate got 50k" but honestly stock to the 20-35k mark and just be patient.
0 likes
Agreed Katsa, what people ask and what some really sell for is an answer you may not commonly hear.
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by calaist5
[View Post]
Agreed Katsa, what people ask and what some really sell for is an answer you may not commonly hear.
Let's not kid ourselves 35k is still massssssive money for a bt1 haha
0 likes
Goodluck my friend!
All prices ATM are beyond belief!
Build � mock brother
0 likes
There is an immac one in melb for 20grand now
Sent from my GT-N8010 using Calais Turbo mobile app
0 likes
Thanks for the price guide guys
0 likes
not yellow but http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/griff...rbo/1135159492 (http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/griffith/cars-vans-utes/1988-holden-vl-bt1-turbo/1135159492)
0 likes
12-01-17, 13:20 GMT+10#10 Quote:
Originally Posted by bo5ton
[View Post]
not yellow but http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/griff...rbo/1135159492 (http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/griffith/cars-vans-utes/1988-holden-vl-bt1-turbo/1135159492)
Don't think that's the one vl50 is talking about. Like you said it's not yellow, plus it's not 20K and it's not in Melbourne...
I searched and didn't find the one vl50 mentioned?
Where can we find this car mate?
0 likes
12-01-17, 15:43 GMT+10#11 Doesn't exist.. I know people who would snap up mint yellow BT1's for $20k
Realistically $25k-$30k for a mint example.
0 likes
12-01-17, 15:50 GMT+10#12 Quote:
Originally Posted by bo5ton
[View Post]
not yellow but http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/griff...rbo/1135159492 (http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/griffith/cars-vans-utes/1988-holden-vl-bt1-turbo/1135159492)
Not an original turbo car
0 likes
12-01-17, 16:24 GMT+10#13 Coming from someone who currently owns one and not looking to make a buck! 20-30k depending on mods and paint.
Do not pay 20k for one thats in parts or "needs a full resto"
Do not pay more than 30 for one that isn't show quality.
0 likes
12-01-17, 17:10 GMT+10#14 https://m.facebook.com/groups/139931...16026443032 8 (https://m.facebook.com/groups/1399316037014755?view=permalink&id=1825160264430328)
Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk
---------- Post added 12-01-17 at 07:13 ----------
Didvyou get the link i pmd you , tez flow ?
Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk
---------- Post added 12-01-17 at 07:15 ----------
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100013371257078
Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk
---------- Post added 12-01-17 at 07:17 ----------
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1399...25160264430328 (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1399316037014755/permalink/1825160264430328/?sale_post_id=1825160264430328)
Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk
0 likes
12-01-17, 23:47 GMT+10#15 Arrrhhhh
I hate stalkbook.
0 likes
14-01-17, 22:18 GMT+10#17 Quote:
Originally Posted by aus880
[View Post]
Not an original turbo car
That's what turned me off
0 likes
14-01-17, 22:21 GMT+10#18 I'd pay 25k tops for a mint VL. Basically any you buy will need some form of work, or they'll be modified in a way which will need re-doing. Plus anything too crazy will need re-working before it'll pass a rwc.
0 likes
16-01-17, 21:09 GMT+10#19 Im biased but 20-35k id say your defiantly towards the higher end of that, 30-40k would be more realistic...
0 likes
20-01-17, 11:19 GMT+10#20 Yellow SL on Gumtree out at Condoblin not going needs respray cheep
0 likes