Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Hello everyone!
I am new to the forum so I apologise in advance if i have posted in the wrong section. I have been passed down my dad's vl known as Aprce8. It is in a pretty bad state right now, hasn't seen the road nor been started for around 8 years. My goal is to let it see the road again but i believe there are a few things that need to be done and a few parts needing to be replaced. Was just hoping someone could lead me in the right direction and name a few garages or people that are able to help, where i can find parts and just general information on the car itself.
Thank you everyone! (currently don't know how to upload photos, be up once i figure it out!)
0 likes
I loved this car in its very first build - after it kind of lost its way I think. But it should make for an amazing project.
0 likes
The VL mag of this car when it had vn group a wheels is the reason i fell in love with VLs
0 likes
A father passing a VL down to a son. That's so awesome. I think I can see a jump starter? Did you get it working?
0 likes
Unfortunately not, probably need to flush out all the old fluids and drain the petrol and put in some new petrol as it has been so many years since its been started
0 likes
That's grouse!! I actually wanna come over and help fire it up
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanoVLCT
[View Post]
That's grouse!! I actually wanna come over and help fire it up
Hahaha i'll let you know when i start working on it! where abouts from melbourne are you from?
0 likes
Loved this car and so glad it's still kicking about mate
Agree with Deano but we're old mate well just sink beers and "supervise"
Good luck with it mate!
0 likes
I'll come help/watch! I'm in greensborough man!
Got no time to work on my own cars but wanna come over lol
0 likes
08-04-16, 12:31 GMT+10#10 anyone got pics of this from when it was in its prime?
0 likes
08-04-16, 13:14 GMT+10#11 Quote:
Originally Posted by KALAY
[View Post]
anyone got pics of this from when it was in its prime?
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=95161
0 likes
14-04-16, 01:00 GMT+10#12 Katsa help the kid, sink beers, this bloke hahahaha
0 likes
14-04-16, 19:38 GMT+10#13 Michael im helping by drinking mate someone has to do the dirty jobs! plus supervision is a must
Also to the guy that started the thread (sorry didn't catch your name) Is your old man still keen to lend a helping hand? Surely he would be over the moon as no doubt it would bring back countless memories.
On a side not good on him for holding onto it for all these years. That's something I can definitely aprec8!
0 likes
04-06-16, 00:38 GMT+10#14 This was one of the vls that got me into vls !
0 likes
11-07-16, 21:42 GMT+10#15 So what happened? Did you fit a dizzy, time it up and slap in some fresh fuel to fire it up??
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
12-07-16, 11:58 GMT+10#16 You need some better light in your garage so you can see what you are doing :P
0 likes
12-07-16, 13:11 GMT+10#18 Quote:
Originally Posted by Antho
[View Post]
You need some better light in your garage so you can see what you are doing :P
haha i was thinking the exact same thing !
Awesome car though, is it a factory calais turbo ?
0 likes
05-12-16, 21:08 GMT+10#19 loved this thing when it was dfectv.
0 likes
10-06-18, 20:13 GMT+10#20 What happened to this car???
0 likes