Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
So taken the Calais out a few times lately and since I raced it at drags I've had a few blokes hit me up to sell it,
Honestly it has never crossed my mind,so I searched the usual eBay car sales ect to find similar cars to compare,not many around lol so the burning question now I'm intrigued to see what u guys think its worth? I know the old saying "as much as someone is willing to pay" but thought it would b a good discussion
So here goes
1987 genuine s1 Calais not original turbo
Built a8 forged motor,Manley and mahle internals oversized gudgen pins ect
Ported head,double springs, custom grind cam, rajab plenum 1000id inj pro boost 35/40/86rbay has all wiring hidden but hasn't been re painted, Also 6 boost manifold
Turbo smart reg, Holley 1200 pump, cell in boot built trimatic (750hp) custom dominator 3500 lock stall and bell housing not adapt plate, microtech ecu, msd ignition 6al,
Single piece tailshaft, vlt diff and breaks, polished Calais wheels fresh custom candy paint with gold flake jams also done, brand new bumpers and garnish, lights and tail lights and grill vs window seal fitted, 4"dump 3-1/2" full system, momo s/w b&m shifter usual auto meter gauges in s/g holder and mtx air fuel gauge, clean trim no speaker holes ect,car does spin street tyres at 100kph and is a hand full, car went 10:4 @ 127 mph 3rd run b4 andra kicked me off but has a lot left in it only on 26psi
---------- Post added 02-02-16 at 20:37 ----------
(https://imageshack.com/i/pnYbttfBp)
---------- Post added 02-02-16 at 20:39 ----------
(https://imageshack.com/i/poQX0jVQp)
---------- Post added 02-02-16 at 20:40 ----------
(https://imageshack.com/i/pbzlbKTvj)
---------- Post added 02-02-16 at 20:42 ----------
(https://imageshack.com/i/p3TbNru4j)
---------- Post added 02-02-16 at 20:44 ----------
(https://imageshack.com/i/p5UqDHzXj)
---------- Post added 02-02-16 at 20:45 ----------
(https://imageshack.com/i/p72aNugcj)
So let the discussion start haha
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
I could have bought a similar car for $15k a little while back. Was a well known car from way back that ran mid 10's. Was in good condition which is all that mattered to me
0 likes
id say 15 16k would be a starting figure
0 likes
Yeah it's a good ball park I guess lol I'm obviously way too attached to it to sell but yeah I'd never let it go for 15k lol
I guess that's why blokes part out or stripping them,
And is funny I looked for ages to buy a built one b4 I built this and the finer details like cut console, rust ect was a issue and not knowing what's been done,
0 likes
Its just been painted.And is a freshish build...As if its only worth 15.
Every one ive seen for 15-18 hasnt been that great generally..
Fast but rough around the edges and needed a big tidy up. Alot are on the 2nd or 3rd owner after the original owner built it to..motors are built..but old(due for rings and bearings)..and 2nd and 3rd owners dont look after car as good as the builder..pretty common
I looked..and just ended up building again. Cbf fixing others crap.
yours looks decent though.
cheers
darren
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet R31
[View Post]
Its just been painted.And is a freshish build...As if its only worth 15.
Every one ive seen for 15-18 hasnt been that great generally..
Fast but rough around the edges and needed a big tidy up. Alot are on the 2nd or 3rd owner after the original owner built it to..motors are built..but old(due for rings and bearings)..and 2nd and 3rd owners dont look after car as good as the builder..pretty common
I looked..and just ended up building again. Cbf fixing others crap.
yours looks decent though.
cheers
darren
Yeah I would've said 20k paint,7k motor 5k box 6k fuel system 4K
No rust at all but it's always a hard thing when there's blokes around asking 15k for a piece of **** too
0 likes
Dougs I'll give you 8k cash and a mini spooled Vn with drop tank lol
0 likes
v6 ?if so thats a good deal lol
0 likes
Id pay 20k for this, it's obviously had a lot of cash spent on it.
0 likes
16-02-16, 09:45 GMT+10#10 Quote:
Originally Posted by deanoVLCT
[View Post]
Dougs I'll give you 8k cash and a mini spooled Vn with drop tank lol
Sold deano Hahahaha
---------- Post added 16-02-16 at 11:46 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgz
[View Post]
Id pay 20k for this, it's obviously had a lot of cash spent on it.
I know u should never look at receipts morgz but i spent around 35k on it to date, but in saying that no expense spared
0 likes
16-02-16, 11:07 GMT+10#11 my motor owes me $35k and that excludes the clutch and box, theres another $8k. Even with the rest of the car I would be lucky in this day and age to get $20k for an immaculate 200SX with an RB in it and I can tell you know, this car has had no expense spared. Car runs 138mph all day long on pump with loads left in it given I still have stock head studs and limited boost to 22psi till I change them.
Modifications and fresh stuff only leaves people wondering whats wrong with them unless you sell them to someone you know. Why would someone do fresh paint and then sell it? Chances are these is nothing wrong with this car, but it leaves people with doubt as for why its being sold
Break it down, whats it worth as a roller?
0 likes
16-02-16, 11:15 GMT+10#12 I was going to say 20k or roundabouts.
That's why its always cheaper to buy somebodys completed project.
And that's why its always sad when you look at receipts.
And that's also why people do up cars because they love them, not because it's a financially smart decision.
Sell it if you get the right offer, otherwise don't even stress
0 likes
16-02-16, 11:23 GMT+10#13 Bax couldn't have said it better!
Dougs 20k is around the mark
Plus you have nothing to hide as you have a full build thread!
Original Calais, built well, just been painted, runs 10s, 20k seems cheap when Ya think about it! Paint it black I'll give you 20 tomoro lol
0 likes
16-02-16, 13:49 GMT+10#14 When your talking about modified cars like this, and then thinking... but it's not an original "Calais Turbo" - the difference between the two is nothing more than a build tag. If that's worth 10k to you, then you've got more money than sense. The only time people should care if it's an original turbo car is if the car is completely unmolested and they're keeping it as a classic.
0 likes
16-02-16, 17:06 GMT+10#16 Yeah agreed lads I don't think I ever will sell it just a conversation starter for on here since I've been asked, still wanna push a 9 outa it and smooth bay ect
I hope my young boy wants it for his 21st I'd b the happiest dad around if he loves vl,s like I do,I'd b more than happy to hand the keys to him
0 likes
16-02-16, 17:30 GMT+10#17 Imagine he swaps it for a custom coloured Vn v6 with exhaust dumped at diff and spooled lol would you lose it dougs?
I'm not attached to any of my cars besides my Monaro but in saying that everything's for sale at the right price
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
16-02-16, 19:05 GMT+10#18 Agreed Deano
I'd swap a walky replica for it hahaha that would b a easy choice but yeah ur probably right
---------- Post added 16-02-16 at 21:08 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by ido09s
[View Post]
my motor owes me $35k and that excludes the clutch and box, theres another $8k. Even with the rest of the car I would be lucky in this day and age to get $20k for an immaculate 200SX with an RB in it and I can tell you know, this car has had no expense spared. Car runs 138mph all day long on pump with loads left in it given I still have stock head studs and limited boost to 22psi till I change them.
Modifications and fresh stuff only leaves people wondering whats wrong with them unless you sell them to someone you know. Why would someone do fresh paint and then sell it? Chances are these is nothing wrong with this car, but it leaves people with doubt as for why its being sold
Break it down, whats it worth as a roller?
For sure 35k motor my guess twin cam haha there bloody expensive
Yeah for sure like I said more curious but get good coin for rollers in good condition
0 likes
16-02-16, 19:13 GMT+10#19 Dougs I look at it this way, if someone ricked up with 20k cash would you sell? What about 25k cash? I'm
Building a mint replica Walky soon dougs so get ready to swap mate lol
0 likes
17-02-16, 11:18 GMT+10#20 Quote:
Originally Posted by dougall83
[View Post]
Agreed Deano
I'd swap a walky replica for it hahaha that would b a easy choice but yeah ur probably right
---------- Post added 16-02-16 at 21:08 ----------
For sure 35k motor my guess twin cam haha there bloody expensive
Yeah for sure like I said more curious but get good coin for rollers in good condition
Its a twin cam. Stock cranked 2.6 with a PT hanging off the side of it no more expensive than an RB30 unless you want them to be. One extra cam and some more valves, that's all.
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes