THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM
HOLDCOM Community
Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.
Sponsored by HOLDCOM AUTO PARTS ↗
+ Start a discussion
Meets & events
Need advice.
Started by Psychotik · 21 Mar 2015 · 28 repliesPreserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
22-03-15, 19:16 GMT+10#2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotik
[View Post]
Hello everyone, I am considering selling my commodore (in fact I have had an ad up on gumtree for a bit now) and am conflicted as to whether I should keep it or not. Advice?
Thanks.
sell it, then leave this forum forever.
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
22-03-15, 21:58 GMT+10#5
sell it and buy a turbo. then you will be happy. only turbos bring happiness.
0 likes
22-03-15, 23:08 GMT+10#6
@Steve I was conflicted, and didn't know if it was worth it to keep it. In hindsight, it was slightly stupid, however, it didn't require such a response. Anyway. Whatever.
@Caibs Fair enough.
/ThreadEnd.
0 likes
23-03-15, 00:14 GMT+10#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
[View Post]
So are you keeping it?
Haha, probably not. Made my decision now. Maybe in the future I'll buy a nice Turbo Calais, but for now, nah. Can't actually think of a valid reason as to why I made such a stupid thread, oh well.
0 likes
23-03-15, 08:02 GMT+10#10
a valid reason, lmfao,
At least u had 3 pages of what to paint ur interceptors!, that was f@rkn annoying!!
However that's sorta how u learn,
One reason to keep it would b to learn on, turbo it you're self learn rb,s and just f@rk with Vl,s slowly get used to little extra bits of power,
Nothing would suck more than getting a calaisturbo and wrap the thing around a pole!
Take some time and make the decision for urself that's how u get ur balls outa ya mums purse and become a man!!!
End rant lol
0 likes
24-03-15, 17:27 GMT+10#12
IMO I'd keep the one u have get a stock turbo kit and clean it up make it mint,
U can get turbo kits for like 1k learn as u go doing the install,
Get used to a turbo car and if u still feel the need to upgrade later sell urs and upgrade,
0 likes
24-03-15, 18:59 GMT+10#13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougall83
[View Post]
IMO I'd keep the one u have get a stock turbo kit and clean it up make it mint,
U can get turbo kits for like 1k learn as u go doing the install,
Get used to a turbo car and if u still feel the need to upgrade later sell urs and upgrade,
I concur, best bet is to keep the one you have now and just build it up slowly. if/when you get to the stage where you have the setup/interior you want you can always buy a shell thats already been painted and fixed and just transfer over your stuff.
0 likes
24-03-15, 21:36 GMT+10#14
Doesn't matter now, however thanks for the replies. Traded her for a VX.
0 likes
24-03-15, 22:24 GMT+10#15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotik
[View Post]
Doesn't matter now, however thanks for the replies. Traded her for a VX.
Your DEAD to us all
0 likes
24-03-15, 23:24 GMT+10#16
Quote:
Originally Posted by brussel
[View Post]
Your DEAD to us all
Pls no.
At least I didn't get a ford.
0 likes
25-03-15, 00:05 GMT+10#18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver
[View Post]
Awh, you don't mean that.
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.
Who’s online
1 member and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes
Visitors Today91
7,520 threads, 49,831 posts and 725 images saved from CT
22.0% of indexed threads saved