Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Meets & events
Meets & events

***VL Only Cruise/Meet - Sunday 18 January 2015***

Started by WLD-BT1 · 14 Jan 2015 · 35 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

WLD-BT1Archived member
There is a VL Only Cruise/Meet happening this Sunday. Some of you may have already seen this event on Facebook, for those of you that don't have Facebook, details below: Main meet will be at 3:00pm at 263 Lorimer Street, Port Melbourne near Pier 35 Restaurant Cruise will be along the beach suburb heading to Williamstown boat ramp Pre-meets are as follows: Northern suburbs - Caltex Service Station Dalton road Thomastown near the Ring road at 2:00pm, leaving 2:15pm Western suburbs - McDonalds Ring road, Sunshine city bound 2:30pm leaving 2:45pm Eastern suburbs - United Service Station Corner Bay Road and Nepean Hwy 2:15pm leaving 2:30pm Here is a picture of last years Queen's Birthday Cruise/Meet. Time to wash the dust of your vl and bring it down Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
Photo 1 shared by WLD-BT1
0 likes
BigM22Archived member
Awesome will do my best to be there! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
tzatzikiArchived member
my cars at mechanic... wens the next vl cruise??
0 likes
GenieeArchived member
ohh, i might come to this.... although i dont know anyone from the forums.... still might be good to have a look
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
Where did everyone go after pier 35
0 likes
GenieeArchived member
I buggered off myself, once the "spirited" exits started
0 likes
TRELL4Archived member
Ended up going down to Williamstown Pier
0 likes
BigM22Archived member
Was an awesome turn out! I went down to the eastern suburbs meet and cruised in early to get a spot in port Melbourne. Was nice seeing a few "spirited exits" lol
0 likes
GMH.TT8Archived member
I was starting to think that vl owners had matured and grown up but when a few showed me other wise when leaving port melbourne it put a smile on my face and I just though vl owners will always be vl owner that's really why we all love them isn't it.
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
Bad everyone that says they didn't like it and drivers were idiots are full of crap cause everyone was running over to see quicker then flies to sh1t. The best sound the human ear can detect is a vl turbo with a big snail coming up on the converter ....
0 likes
Wkd_VlArchived member
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
BigM22Archived member
Lol that guy needed some help to get going ---------- Post added 18-01-15 at 23:06 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by Katsa [View Post] Bad everyone that says they didn't like it and drivers were idiots are full of crap cause everyone was running over to see quicker then flies to sh1t. The best sound the human ear can detect is a vl turbo with a big snail coming up on the converter .... Preach! Was awesome to see them spool up and lay a few skids!!
0 likes
Psi_WagonArchived member
pretty decent turnout, vl's as far as you could see! (http://s733.photobucket.com/user/PsiWagon/media/WP_20150118_001.jpg.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Vl only cruise, look at pic above and bloody r31, every cruise I go on I see that bloody r31! Chris I agree no better sound than a vl spooling up but skids need to be done on a private rd away for cars/traffic and the public + it only draws attention to the cops who will come and rape all the highly modded vls! Nice turnout though!
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
Yeah time and place for skids - I had a last minute change of mind as I really can't risk getting defected as it would mean I'd have to part out my car as there is no way I'd be able to clear em. It's just not worth it.
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
ye fair call lads, I understand what you guys are saying and I agree 110% the point I was trying to make is for most to not be hypocritical as people were running over like flies to shi1t and happy about the whole thing lol as I said MOST people, not everyone All in all awesome turn out, many high quality cars and great to see the vl scene strong! Shame the forum has lost its popularity I read on facebook a post stating 'the old calaisturbo forum' and it made me think..... calaisturbo.com.au was mine and many a friends favorite place growing up, for me its still the best vl related place, ill always be on here, hope it picks up again one day! On a side note HWYF18 deserves a mention for me its personally the best LE replica ive ever seen! big credit to the owner Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
satansLBOArchived member
Looks like a great day, wish I was there!
0 likes
GenieeArchived member
I got told i was "old school" by a young kid coz i didnt know what facebook group was hosting the pics... made me feel like an old gheezer lol
0 likes
Psi_WagonArchived member
is the guy with the camera setup on here at all?(was in the STAG34). he takes some nice pics wouldnt mind getting some good quality photos from him.
0 likes
BigM22Archived member
Life of Bez on facebook is his page, pretty sure he's put up a few photos
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today91

7,520 threads, 49,831 posts and 725 images saved from CT

22.0% of indexed threads saved