Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

E85 setup costs

Started by vlturbosh · 8 Jan 2014 · 25 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

vlturboshArchived member
Quik q, how much money am I looking at spending on an e85 setup including injectors (rough estimate including fittings hoses and labour of course). Thanks
0 likes
CHRGD6Archived member
Varies wildly, mate. You can spend top dollar and replace everything with the best parts and it'll set you back thousands, or you can use a mixture of standard parts and Aeroflow and it will cost slightly less. However, it'll cost you 'slightly less' several times, because you'll constantly be replacing ****...
0 likes
vlturboshArchived member
Well maatouks quoted me 23 including injectors
0 likes
sohc2Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by vlturbosh [View Post] Well maatouks quoted me 23 including injectors $2300? That seems cheap, a descent high hp fuel pump is $850 alone. Then injectors $660. Thats $1500 already and you still have to run braided -12/-10 fuel line and speedflow fitting to suit. Then labour costs.
0 likes
86SLVLTArchived member
I wouldnt have much change from 3000. Thats id2000s, 2x044s, 2x billet filters, 2x 3/8 feed, 1x 1/2 return, fuelab reg, all the new braid and fittings.
0 likes
vlturboshArchived member
3GS sounds about right to me... My car made 290 rrwkw at 17 psi, I'm looking at making 330 kw plus, people say its safer to run e85 what do they mean by this?
0 likes
grunter01Archived member
Mines -12 braided Teflon to 2000hp aero motive pump to -10 braided Teflon line to billet free to -10 braided to id2000's then some aero motive reg then -10 braided Teflon return to cell. I think owes around 3k
0 likes
JNRGMHArchived member
Mine owed me 4.6k, that was with fuel cell, pumps, line, injectors, fuel rail, reg, speedflow fittings. That was 7 years ago tho, no doubt it would be cheaper these days.
0 likes
vlturboshArchived member
does the fuel tank need to be changed?
0 likes
grunter01Archived member
You don't have to run a cell but just makes it easier to setup if you do
0 likes
madrexArchived member
I run a fuel cell 2x o44 pumps 1600cc injectors and all dash 10 speedflow lines and fittings i think i spent about $2000 carnt remember mite have been more i lost count Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
sohc2Archived member
I know its a bit off topic but is everyone running -10 braided line to either side of the fuel rail? Or do you run -10 braided line from the fuel pump to up into the engine bay. Then put a -10 to -8 Y fitting in then run two -8 braided lines to either side of the rail?
0 likes
ezduz10sArchived member
depends what size pump, setup etc you are running, mine runs -10 to both sides and all the way to rear of car with a 2000hp aeromotive pump running multiple pumps eg. 2 or 3 044 is dangerous because if one fails you wont really know and it could lean out, at least with one large one if it fails your car wont run at all.
0 likes
CHRGD6Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by sohc2 [View Post] I know its a bit off topic but is everyone running -10 braided line to either side of the fuel rail? Or do you run -10 braided line from the fuel pump to up into the engine bay. Then put a -10 to -8 Y fitting in then run two -8 braided lines to either side of the rail? Personally, I'm not running twin feed just yet. I'm running a single -10AN which feeds at the rear of the rail, then -10AN from the front to the reg' and a single -8AN return. The only dual line I have in the car is in the boot: -10AN in and out of two 044s and a -10AN to -10AN Y-piece to run a single line from the boot to the engine bay. Apparently a smaller return is better for some reason. Something to do with fuel pressure or some jazz... Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
VlTurboM8Archived member
I'm in the middle of going e85 and looking for maximum 550rwkw what lines and fuel system should I use? I've got a standard tank with a 8l surge tank with standard intake and external pump feeding it, 1600cc injectors and a aeromotive reg, pump feeding it but bit confused on lines and fuel pumps and if the fuel pumps will supply the surge tank, any info much appreciated thank you
0 likes
grunter01Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by sohc2 [View Post] I know its a bit off topic but is everyone running -10 braided line to either side of the fuel rail? Or do you run -10 braided line from the fuel pump to up into the engine bay. Then put a -10 to -8 Y fitting in then run two -8 braided lines to either side of the rail? I run -10an each side of the rail.
0 likes
InsaneVLArchived member
This is my fuel setup which I use for e85. Only 1 line runs forward as its a deadhead setup. No return as the Fuel Reg is in the boot along with the rest of the fuel system. All lines are -6. As its a deadhead system, -6 is all it needs - however, I might need to upgrade to a -8 feed if I start looking for more power. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
sherman89Archived member
I run a cell, 2x 044's, y's to a single -8 line to the rail, then -8 to reg/return to tank. Was splitting up the front to 2 -8 and feeding both ends of the rail and regulating/returning from the middle but recently changed that setup.
0 likes
vlturbo33Archived member
I run a 57L cell, 2.5L surge tank, Carter black pump from cell to surge, 2x bosch 044's, Turbosmart fpr2000 fuel reg, Billet fuel rail, Rochestor 1000cc injectors and -8 fuel lines through the whole car. Wouldn't have cost me more than $15-1600 I done all the work myself though.
0 likes
elare69Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by CHRGD6 [View Post] Personally, I'm not running twin feed just yet. I'm running a single -10AN which feeds at the rear of the rail, then -10AN from the front to the reg' and a single -8AN return. The only dual line I have in the car is in the boot: -10AN in and out of two 044s and a -10AN to -10AN Y-piece to run a single line from the boot to the engine bay. Apparently a smaller return is better for some reason. Something to do with fuel pressure or some jazz... Hey mate are you running fuel filters befor the 044 pump ? any issue running that way ? cheers Gerry Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 3 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today79

5,954 threads, 40,166 posts and 576 images saved from CT

17.4% of indexed threads saved