Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

My daily

Started by gum166 · 24 Nov 2013 · 40 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

gum166Archived member
Make / Model:vl sl Colour:blue Engine Type: n/a rb30 Engine Mods:none Power: 69 hp Exhaust: 3inch Gearbox:auto Diff: drum 25 Brakes: not very well Suspension:custom angle grinder Wheels/Tyres: new ssv thunders Interior: stock clean Stereo:factorie tape deck Other Mods: bonnet struts Future mods: LSD disk brake diff, manual conversion, turbo conversion. (http://s798.photobucket.com/user/Gum166/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps9bd31cb7.jpg.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
That's really neat Upgrade the alarm if it's your daily, there's too much scum out there. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
gum166Archived member
Haha I have an interlock in it so it would be fairly hard to pinch it lol
0 likes
gum166Archived member
Disc brake 28 spline LSD going in (http://s798.photobucket.com/user/Gum166/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps0ba5bcd5.jpg.html) Adjusting the handbrake cable (http://s798.photobucket.com/user/Gum166/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps3cb1d10d.jpg.html) Stockies on for a test run (http://s798.photobucket.com/user/Gum166/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsa1096a05.jpg.html) End results (http://s798.photobucket.com/user/Gum166/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps61be727a.jpg.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
3lturboArchived member
Really tidy car man, good work. Might want to not show your plates if you're ripping the roads up haha
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by gum166 [View Post] Haha I have an interlock in it so it would be fairly hard to pinch it lol I thought anybody that wasn't pissed could breath into it and it would start?
0 likes
gum166Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by MUS [View Post] I thought anybody that wasn't pissed could breath into it and it would start? True mus but I can't take the mouth piece that you breath into out so it can't be started at all with out it. ---------- Post added 30-11-13 at 22:11 ---------- I mean i do take it out so no one can start it. ---------- Post added 30-11-13 at 22:21 ---------- Manual conversion and turbo conversion to go on in the next few weeks have all the parts ready to go on except a clutch any suggestions on what clutch to get would be great have been looking at this one on eBay...http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/111171621263?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1 Will post up some interior pics soon and progress with the turbo/manual conversion.
0 likes
BigM22Archived member
Loving the colour mate!
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
nice car but the broken bumper bit brings it don. spend some time on the appearance and TLC
0 likes
gum166Archived member
Yeah that broken rear bar piece ****s me it got cought on my pants one day and snapped off not happy I have a brand new piece to go on it just needs paint.
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
theres end clips that go on them. try to chase some down it'll stop the snapping happening again. its a nice car but i hate when you see a nice car ruined by bad gauge placement or a coke bottle and garden hose catch can.
0 likes
gum166Archived member
Can't seem to find any of those end clips but I think I know what your talking about I have a brand new rear bar in a box and it didn't even come with them.
0 likes
gum166Archived member
Here's some pics guys bit of progress turbo kit is on and running ok few little things to do before I'm happy tho but getting there (http://s798.photobucket.com/user/Gum166/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsd7cc2c7d.jpg.html) (http://s798.photobucket.com/user/Gum166/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps0afca6f4.jpg.html) (http://s798.photobucket.com/user/Gum166/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsc2284441.jpg.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
gum166Archived member
Venetians (https://imageshack.com/i/nferk7j) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
ZOO222Archived member
Tidy as daily mate. Got a list of what mods you did during the turbo conversion ?
0 likes
TurismoArchived member
Nice vl man but I have to say... Driving without a bonnet while taking pics is not doing vl owners and car enthusiasts any good. Also you might want to think twice about doing a burnout on the opposite side of the road on a blind bend in a shroud of smoke with the setting sun in the opposing traffics face... just some thoughts that crossed my mined, fair enough fix it up, I just hope it survives.
0 likes
gum166Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Turismo [View Post] Nice vl man but I have to say... Driving without a bonnet while taking pics is not doing vl owners and car enthusiasts any good. Also you might want to think twice about doing a burnout on the opposite side of the road on a blind bend in a shroud of smoke with the setting sun in the opposing traffics face... just some thoughts that crossed my mined, fair enough fix it up, I just hope it survives. Thanks for the input turismo prob not the smartest thing to do driving without the bonnet it's just asking for trouble, but I had to get my interlock serviced and was waiting on my forward facing plenum to be finished (hopefully today) I actually pulled up next to a police officer too he wasn't interested in me though must of just knocked off and wanted to get home lol And bournouts are always a risk unless in a controlled environment like bournout comps which ppl like me would be an embarrassment lol I also hope it survives has been my favorite vl so far. ---------- Post added 17-04-14 at 09:56 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by ZOO222 [View Post] Tidy as daily mate. Got a list of what mods you did during the turbo conversion ? Thanks mate, my conversion consists of just mainly all standard turbo gear ie brown top injectors, standard turbo auto computer, have no idea what the turbo is all I know is it's a t4e what ever that means, high mount manifold, turbosmart bov, turbosmart wastegate with screamer 3" dump pipe to high flow cat as my old one fell to pieces, 3" zaust with one muffler at the back, after market fuel pressure reg pumped upto 50 psi. Forward facing plenum to go on today hopefully. That's about it.
0 likes
gum166Archived member
New manifold (http://s798.photobucket.com/user/Gum166/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps11ff4a64.jpg.html) (http://s798.photobucket.com/user/Gum166/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps8c94f38c.jpg.html) (http://s798.photobucket.com/user/Gum166/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps38004b41.jpg.html) ---------- Post added 02-06-14 at 09:29 ---------- Few more pics (http://s798.photobucket.com/user/Gum166/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps09ff65fd.jpg.html) (http://s798.photobucket.com/user/Gum166/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps54e97f86.jpg.html) (http://s798.photobucket.com/user/Gum166/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps9f582f6e.jpg.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
CYNICLArchived member
Looks slick as on the grey SSV's. I like it.
0 likes
TurismoArchived member
Has a unique look. I like the idea of the T'd breathers, does it work effectively? I like any thing that is practical but at the same time look neat. Its an art lol
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today91

7,520 threads, 49,831 posts and 725 images saved from CT

22.0% of indexed threads saved