Preserved from CalaisTurbo (partial recovery). Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Hey guys,
I will be removing the engine of my car shortly and want to fab out my engine bay, and am looking for ideas.
Who do you think has the best RB30 engine bay?
Share some pics and help me fill my ideas bank.
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD-87-VL
[View Post]
Hey guys,
I will be removing the engine of my car shortly and want to fab out my engine bay, and am looking for ideas.
Who do you think has the best RB30 engine bay?
Share some pics and help me fill my ideas bank.
In order to help you think outside of the box for that unique engine bay I have included some non RB30 engine bays:
(http://s142.photobucket.com/user/LOACH_PAUL/media/2010-lexus-ls460-sport-from-engine-view-picture_zps97d16b2d.jpg.html)
(http://s142.photobucket.com/user/LOACH_PAUL/media/imagesCA017ZGQ_zps09dda44a.jpg.html)
(http://s142.photobucket.com/user/LOACH_PAUL/media/PimpMyEngineBay-vi_zpsd0221747.jpg.html)
(http://s142.photobucket.com/user/LOACH_PAUL/media/1372453068m_SPLASH_zpsa97409aa.jpg.html)
(http://s142.photobucket.com/user/LOACH_PAUL/media/994543_517515454985935_1283414034_n_zpsc3a9a078.jpg.html)
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
RB30 is an untidy engine . Hard to make look neat . Are you a fabricator or a panel beater at all ? The engine bay in my vh took 2-3 weeks to get right and iI'm still not 100% happy with it . I just filled the unneeded holes in the firewall, inner guards , tidied some of the bumps on the inner guards & reshaped the top of the radiator support panel . To take it further I could've boxed the rails in , fitted a flat sheet over the existing firewall & guards to give a cleaner look to give it a flat look . There's a guy on aussiev8 with a vl that has cut out his inner guards and welded in rolled sheet metal to tub the front end and to clean up the bay . But it just looks wrong to me .
0 likes
I always thought RB's were a great looking engine, yeah untidy to begin with, but isnt everything?
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAsh-
[View Post]
I always thought RB's were a great looking engine, yeah untidy to begin with, but isnt everything?
I agree! Can look untidy to begin with! but from some of the examples you have put up they look killer!
I am not a panel beater or fabricator, but I know people that are!
I was just looking for more inspiration really!
My car is white, my rocker cover is white, the block is silver and everything else will be polished or hpc coated.
I am just looking for examples of how people of hidden catch cans etc!
Because at the end of the day I want the engine to be the centre of attention not big bulky overflow containers
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
My bay - Just comes to what you need it to do
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Here is mine. not 100% happy with it and I would like to re do it at some stage
(http://s94.photobucket.com/user/vlwagonit/media/f69c010c.jpg.html)
(http://s94.photobucket.com/user/vlwagonit/media/cb4ad307.jpg.html)
(http://s94.photobucket.com/user/vlwagonit/media/27fb465d.jpg.html)
(http://s94.photobucket.com/user/vlwagonit/media/836b7432.jpg.html)
(http://s94.photobucket.com/user/vlwagonit/media/b5d56f14.jpg.html)
(http://s94.photobucket.com/user/vlwagonit/media/e40105c3.jpg.html)
(http://s94.photobucket.com/user/vlwagonit/media/a58ff821.jpg.html)
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Keep them coming! That VN looks unreal!
Here are some I have found, credit to 2SUS customs page for some of these and credit to the owners/builders
In no particular order
And 12volt customs - Again all respect and credit for them
Enjoy!
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Just a home job on the old calais...
was hard to keep clean with the leafs and dust up here.
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
06-08-13, 17:12 GMT+10#10 My bay
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
06-08-13, 17:40 GMT+10#11 The gold calais is clean, but not a fabbed engine bay.
0 likes
06-08-13, 18:49 GMT+10#12 Quote:
Originally Posted by MUS
[View Post]
The gold calais is clean, but not a fabbed engine bay.
Was going for a clean stock look to suit the car.
Although i cold have sprinkled some fairy dust over the engine bay.
0 likes
06-08-13, 18:54 GMT+10#13 out of curiosity how do you cover up and smooth the rails and keep it legal if anyone can help please let me know because I want to do the same to mine but still be legal
0 likes
06-08-13, 19:32 GMT+10#14 Quote:
Originally Posted by Turismo
[View Post]
Was going for a clean stock look to suit the car.
Although i cold have sprinkled some fairy dust over the engine bay.
LMAO.. Still not a fabbed engine bay
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
06-08-13, 19:47 GMT+10#15 a couple ive done - back when i contracted for stef @ 12 volt and now while @ 2 die 4 bodyworks, heres some of what i can find - hope owners dont mind
The red vl is the one jd-87-vl put up just un finished at the time in primer
0 likes
06-08-13, 23:05 GMT+10#16 Quote:
Originally Posted by Turismo
[View Post]
Was going for a clean stock look to suit the car.
Although i cold have sprinkled some fairy dust over the engine bay.
Just to clarify i think "fabbed" means fabricated, not fabulous. lol
0 likes
07-08-13, 07:38 GMT+10#17 Quote:
Originally Posted by Turismo
[View Post]
Was going for a clean stock look to suit the car.
Although i cold have sprinkled some fairy dust over the engine bay.
I like you fabricated exhaust heat shield clamps!
0 likes
07-08-13, 12:19 GMT+10#18 nothing special just a tidy bay.excuse the pod filters[all i had at the time i finished the conversion]
(http://s392.photobucket.com/user/nasty12026/media/vl304fin.jpg.html)
(http://s392.photobucket.com/user/nasty12026/media/engtogether.jpg.html)
(http://s392.photobucket.com/user/nasty12026/media/enginebay1.jpg.html)
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
08-08-13, 14:24 GMT+10#19 Quote:
Originally Posted by chief355
[View Post]
I like you fabricated exhaust heat shield clamps!
Oh look mate it's just one of those things... Lost of man hours, blood,
, sweet and tears goes into a custom job like this.
Just to clarify i think "fabbed" means fabricated, not fabulous. lol
Never the less its still a fabulous bay when it comes down to the wire!
0 likes
08-08-13, 15:57 GMT+10#20 Quote:
Originally Posted by SL1987
[View Post]
a couple ive done - back when i contracted for stef @ 12 volt and now while @ 2 die 4 bodyworks, heres some of what i can find - hope owners dont mind
The red vl is the one jd-87-vl put up just un finished at the time in primer
They are some mint bays, the boxed rails are sex.
0 likes