Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Meets & events
Meets & events

Cruise May 2013

Started by Murph · 23 Apr 2013 · 94 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

MurphArchived member
So I thinking of doing another cruise before the wet weather really starts to set in. Question is where and when? From what I can see, the only major date is mothers day on the second Sunday and the drags on the 18th. Lets here some suggestions. Cheers Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
CHUBSPTArchived member
keen, but yea ill be busy 18th-19th
0 likes
VLCT88Archived member
26th May?
0 likes
Ant_manArchived member
I"m keen as my calais only needs the wheels polished and the new ecu tuned , once i finish other projects off i"ll get onto it n see if can make it out to this one it'll be the first time out for the calais if do....
0 likes
MurphArchived member
26th sound good. Locations???
0 likes
MitchVLArchived member
I'd be keen on this one, what about through the hills, to Lobethal or something?
0 likes
vlct2010Archived member
Barossa valley way? Nice pubs etc out there
0 likes
NASTY1Archived member
i mite be in if i get **** together.
0 likes
lilwoggyArchived member
Keen as, should (finally!) have my car finished by then ready for it's first ever cruise Suggestion for the cruise route, I live around the Adelaide hills (tea tree gully way), it's a nice and very quiet drive up here if you go up lower north east, very little traffic/police presence to keep it hassle free, then as maybe do up to bird wood and come back down gorge and end up around the newton area and head further from there? I Know an F'n wild little back route from the hills area there which ends up all the way out in Salisbury that you guys might be keen for. As I said, just ansuggestion ---------- Post added 24-04-13 at 13:22 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by Murph [View Post] So I thinking of doing another cruise before the wet weather really starts to set in. Question is where and when? From what I can see, the only major date is mothers day on the second Sunday and the drags on the 18th. Lets here some suggestions. Cheers Ps. Murph, you don't happen to contract out of hold auto wreckers at Salisbury do you? Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
-pumba-Archived member
mines out of rego shortly and dont think it will be getting rego untill summer. just to add even if i have rego i will not be coming if its through the hills. no good in an auto with big stall not to mention vls dont handle especialy with standard wheels
0 likes
vlct2010Archived member
Mayb a nice highway/hills drive for the best of both worlds... last few cruises have been good for both 3 n 2 pedal drivers.. lol
0 likes
VLCT88Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by -pumba- [View Post] no good in an auto with big stall not to mention vls dont handle especialy with standard wheels I second that lol
0 likes
NASTY1Archived member
what about wallaroo trip or moonta?nice open roads
0 likes
Pezz95Archived member
What about go from glenelg say or another beach and through the hills
0 likes
VL_JOHNArchived member
26th is good for me if it starts at 10:30 or later.
0 likes
CalaisAPArchived member
Yeah do 26th of May I'm down!
0 likes
vlct2010Archived member
A nice drive up to ardrossan.. its not too far away its open road with few lil yltwisties.. I also worked there for a year and got to kno the pub owner n bar tenders lol cheap food n drinks lol
0 likes
MurphArchived member
I like that Idea Dan. Hummocks is always a bit of fun..
0 likes
JBCalaisArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by CalaisAP [View Post] Yeah do 26th of May I'm down! Can I come with you????
0 likes
chargedvlArchived member
yeah i mite come its been a fair while since i went out Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today91

7,520 threads, 49,831 posts and 725 images saved from CT

22.0% of indexed threads saved