Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Appreciated or forgettable VL?

Started by Stock_87 · 19 Apr 2013 · 39 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo (partial recovery). Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

Stock_87Archived member
Hi, this isn't my intro thread yet just a quick one.. I like to think my VL is somewhat of a rarity in the fact it's completely unmolested and stock down to the smallest detail example: -120xxx genuine km - Standard radio - new car 'clunk' when closing door - Completely immaculate interior (80s new car smell) always covered etc - Books etc in new condition - Factory stickers look like new - Genuine (black) rear and side venetians - Paint that is literally flawless (feels like glass to touch) waxed every 2 wk - General 'new' feel all over even steering and brakes - steering wheel feels untouched - underneath is spotless - even to unlock the car is so tight and clean sounding - GMH windscreen with factory molds (that thick plastic on sides) - Could use engine bay as a food plate it's that clean - Original garden state plates with frames - 1986 copy of 'Wheels Magazine' VL edition lazily lying on back seat - 1987 VL sales brochure lying on back seat I'm a nerd with **** like this and it's probably not appreciated but when i'm crusing with an INXS casette playing, everything else is invalid. Here's the only pic for now plus the magazine cover.. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
vinny macArchived member
That's ***n hot dude I love it!
0 likes
SHIZNTArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Stock_87 [View Post] I like to think my VL is somewhat of a rarity in the fact it's completely unmolested and stock down to the smallest detail. Pretty confident they didn't come factory with dress rings on the wheels and chromed centre caps.... just saying Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Stock_87Archived member
Thankyou Vinny I appreaciate it. Haha Shiz very observant :P should I leave them or hub caps??
0 likes
AnfyzArchived member
leave the dress trims looks tougher! nice car dude I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to that **** too :P I love original vls better than "wogged out" ones
0 likes
Stock_87Archived member
Haha good to hear man. Yeah I agree, the littlest detail is satisfying with these cars especially
0 likes
SHIZNTArchived member
Seeing that it is a Berlina, it would be spot on if you had turbo hudcaps on it.
0 likes
freEze_dKArchived member
It's not turbo though ^^
0 likes
SHIZNTArchived member
Good point... I assumed it was turbo
0 likes
CYNICLArchived member
That looks immac, reminds me of mine when I bother to clean the exterior. IMO turbo hubcaps would be awesome even if it isn't turbo they still look cool. You should try and find some genuine mudflaps and headlight protectors for it. Also is it manual? This is what mine looks like, pretty similar! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Stock_87Archived member
That is very nicce and stock mate. Yeah I recently put some HDT headlight covers on, they look great. I'm searching for mudflaps, a bonnet protector and dash mat however nothing's turning up.
0 likes
3lturboArchived member
That's a nice car, really like the pinstripe. I'd leave the chrome trims on too, the non turbo hubcaps don't look that good.
0 likes
BigM22Archived member
that thing is so clean, considering you live in the western suburbs, im assuming its not your daily driver? lol
0 likes
Stock_87Archived member
Hehe yeah not my daily..it sits in a garage, car cover, steering lock and fuel pump cut during the week and get's a quick detail on Fridays then released on the streets for a day Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
WGN030Archived member
this one for sale atm for $12500? worth it if it is things immaculate
0 likes
Stock_87Archived member
Hi WGN yeah...this was the one that was $12500..I ended up paying $10800. I can honestly say it is flawless though. I know alot of people will say I could've got a Turbo BT1 cheaper but it is what it is and i'm happy. I hope you all enjoy it too. Introduction thread has been posted btw, awaiting moderator.
0 likes
fleasArchived member
Mate you pay whatever feels comfortable and I'm happy you went for the NA. I got a dashmat from Auto one and was a really nice fit- you should enquire your local store. Really nice car.
0 likes
Stock_87Archived member
Thankyou Fleas I appreciate it. Yeah? I might go now and have a look around. Good excuse to cruise while the weathers nice!
0 likes
jetsonracArchived member
She's a beauty mate. Nice clean and unmolested. It looks like an old bloke must have owned it in the past
0 likes
Stock_87Archived member
hanks Jets, yeah an older bloke must have owned it. Lucky find!
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 8 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today55

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 444 images saved from CT