Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Just brought a MONSTA eBay kit

Started by abery · 5 Mar 2013 · 37 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

aberyArchived member
Hi guys figured ill take one for the team... Got a na sl with a s2 in it.. Spent heaps of Hours lookin them up n then thought stuff it... Thought a t3/t4 kit will be big enough with high compression. Brought a .4 bar/ 5.8psi waste gate spring koz they come with a 16 in them don't wanna kill my baby yet but maybe... Kit came today so far it's what I expected from CHINA... Turbo looks nice poor castings on wastegate not that I'm worried about that put my 5.6 spring In internals of it look good now the mannifold only one weld missing lol all warped from welding not like its hard to weld it while bolted on a dummy block all flanges need machining on mani inside of it has been die grinded perfectly guess a different guy did that... Guna be running with a na ecu injectors fuel pump and everything else till I get more cash up. Wana get a nistune daughter board n some bigger injectors and a fuel reg and rail next... Won't be putting in till at least 4 weeks... Oh n this is my turbo in counter to so let me no if anythings wrong
0 likes
YetiArchived member
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
madrexArchived member
Good luck :0
0 likes
HTURBOArchived member
(http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/24707657.jpg/) Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
trkdupArchived member
Poor man pays twice what u paid u could of saved a bit more. And bought a decent turbo and a cast manifold.
0 likes
GouldyArchived member
I got complete setup 1500$
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by abery [View Post] Hi guys figured ill take one for the team... Got a na sl with a s2 in it.. Spent heaps of Hours lookin them up n then thought stuff it... Thought a t3/t4 kit will be big enough with high compression. Brought a .4 bar/ 5.8psi waste gate spring koz they come with a 16 in them don't wanna kill my baby yet but maybe... Kit came today so far it's what I expected from CHINA... Turbo looks nice poor castings on wastegate not that I'm worried about that put my 5.6 spring In internals of it look good now the mannifold only one weld missing lol all warped from welding not like its hard to weld it while bolted on a dummy block all flanges need machining on mani inside of it has been die grinded perfectly guess a different guy did that... Guna be running with a na ecu injectors fuel pump and everything else till I get more cash up. Wana get a nistune daughter board n some bigger injectors and a fuel reg and rail next... Won't be putting in till at least 4 weeks... Oh n this is my turbo in counter to so let me no if anythings wrong How much cash did you spend? I will guess inbetween $600 - $800? For that much coin if you were patient and looked, you could of brought yourself a Nissan T3 with the factory manifold and injectors... Maybe even ecu. Far more reliable. But i have heard of some ebay set ups lasting time. Keep us posted Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
VL_JOHNArchived member
Stock up on the Kleenex.
0 likes
aberyArchived member
Yeah I'm not worried if I blow it n kit was 720 I've been lookin for a few months ya never no they mite of got one right lol
0 likes
IDAREUArchived member
I had a high mt monsta kit for 5000ks. Don't heat wrap the manifol(they warp like crazy), expect the gate to spike then hit desired boost. The turbo lasted a while until 1 decent skid.lol
0 likes
boostin01Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by abery [View Post] Yeah I'm not worried if I blow it n kit was 720 I've been lookin for a few months ya never no they mite of got one right lol obviously werent looking hard enough, i had a low km holset cheap on ebay for ages, would have been perfect.
0 likes
xAsh-Archived member
just cut the slots between each exhaust runner and it should pull straight when you bolt it up, shouldnt need a reface
0 likes
THCArchived member
I had a cheap monsta ebay turbo on mine at 1 stage . was the worst turbo iv ever seen . now have a garret highflow t3/4 been strong for the passed 3 years.
0 likes
skavengerArchived member
Me and a mate bolted up a 2nd hand monsta t04e to his clapper vl for a laugh, still going strong and goes good for what it is.
0 likes
aberyArchived member
Finally someone that has actually touched a monsta turbo. Machined two flanges today now. Only the exhaust side to guna be a bitch to hold on to lol
0 likes
VL_JOHNArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by skavenger [View Post] Me and a mate bolted up a 2nd hand monsta t04e to his clapper vl for a laugh, still going strong and goes good for what it is. lol @ "clapper Vl"
0 likes
ekulArchived member
I got a Chinese manifold and turbo for 250, needed it at the time as i smashed the other turbo. I hear the turbos are very hit and miss once i boosted mine anything over 10psi it died, it was massively out of balance. Now running a gt35/40 on a ebay manifold, hasnt warped or cracked yet has done dyno time.
0 likes
boosted_wagonArchived member
My first hi mount set up was monsta manifold (didnt warp but I cut the flange), 50mm gate and the ultimate lol super t70 well the turbo lasted all of 1 afternoon, got another on warrenty and same thing happened so I bought a t66 and never looked back..the gate worked ok never had a drama and same goes for the manifold
0 likes
my30etArchived member
the turbo wont last , if the turbo blows i would go pro boost
0 likes
aberyArchived member
Turbo on n car sitting in driveway some of the manni nuts were a bitch but all on... Dump flange came today will be welding it up soon after I get some bends. Now waiting for the silicone hoses to come. Cant wait gettin close now
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today47

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 357 images saved from CT