THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM
HOLDCOM Community
Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.
Sponsored by HOLDCOM AUTO PARTS ↗
+ Start a discussion
VL Commodore
Kilometres
Started by Missey · 21 Feb 2013 · 22 repliesPreserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
22-02-13, 12:29 GMT+10#2
Odometer stopped on ~292,000kms a long time ago so it's probably getting close to 300,000 by now. Still goes hard, has never had any reliability issues what so ever in the time I've owned it. Great motors when treated right.
0 likes
22-02-13, 13:22 GMT+10#3
230ish, the odometer played up at one stage so it reads at about 450000 lol
0 likes
22-02-13, 16:05 GMT+10#5
My odometer stopped at 245000 or so about 11 years ago so your guess is as good as mine
But shes running sweet as...never had any major problems like the head cracking and such
0 likes
24-02-13, 11:23 GMT+10#10
There was an old bloke who lived down the road from me with a 87 maroon berlina on 14" hubcaps.... he liked my car and always chatted to me about it...
He bought his car second hand/ex demo in 1989.
The odometer stopped working 10 years go and it had 300,000 on it then.... still daily driven
0 likes
24-02-13, 12:13 GMT+10#11
^^^ fark.. !! dnt make em like that anymore.. i kno a guy who hss a 4 year old car had it from new.. n has had to get motor replaced already as it shat itsrlf... haha n th mighty vl still rolls on..!! ;-)
0 likes
24-02-13, 18:48 GMT+10#12
Its true mate... one of my mates works at Peugeot and the life expectancy on their new vans is 180,000 kays... some of their other cars is only 150... i couldnt believe it.
There was a thread i saw on him with a vl that ticked over 500,000
0 likes
24-02-13, 18:55 GMT+10#13
I can vouch for that, my dads a mechanic and some of the nightmare stories that he comes home with in relation to euro cars, you would not believe.
Can't beat the VL though, 25+ years old and still going strong
0 likes
25-02-13, 16:18 GMT+10#14
There was a thread here years ago where a VL was believed to have reached a million KS.
Think it was a taxi work horse.
0 likes
01-03-13, 22:19 GMT+10#15
Quote:
Just interested on how many K's your VL has on it?
The one sitting my backyard, it has done over 500,000 kms but that engine block has had a rering and had RB25DE pistons & cylinder head fitted, that engine has done about 200,000 kms since I built it (the rings are running on 500,000 km old bores), all the suspension I have rebuilt (components swapped over from my first VL as I rebuilt that one but crashed it, that VL did 460,000 kms before I crashed it in 2002), the manual transmission comes from a low km R33 Skyline which had the RB25DE engine in it, I've had my current VL for 11 years but it is now unregistered.
My everyday driver is now a VY SS Commodore which has 275,000 kms on it, I seem to be doing less kms with that one but I have had to rebuild everything in that one after working at that timber mill at Tea Gardens :-
"THANKS VERY ,VERY MUCH FOR THAT CATE AT JOBLINK AT RAYMOND TERRACE FOR HELPING ME GET THAT JOB WHICH WRECKED MY CAR WHEN I'M STUCK ON THE DOLE BECAUSE NOBODY ELSE SEEMS TO WANT TO EMPLOY ME!!!"
0 likes
05-03-13, 12:56 GMT+10#18
On my sl wagon its got 388,xxx and still hasn't missed a beat. Original and untouched. Daily driven for 10 years.I'll never change it either.
That's more than I can say for the rest of the car.
0 likes
06-03-13, 05:31 GMT+10#19
Mine has 255,000kms genuine which can be backed up with books.
My friend's grandmother from Moonta (country S.A) had a VL from new and last report a few years ago it had done 750,000kms and still going on the original bottom end!
0 likes
06-03-13, 08:02 GMT+10#20
When i bought my vl calais it had 670,XXX ks
And motor was still going strong! But it now has been replaced with a 180,000k motor plus cluster
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.
Who’s online
0 members and 0 guests active in the last 15 minutes
No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.
Visitors Today108
10,732 threads, 78,031 posts and 966 images saved from CT
31.3% of indexed threads saved