Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Ebay Intercooler kits

Started by Wkd_Vl · 6 Feb 2013 · 20 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

Wkd_VlArchived member
hey guys noticed there are a few different cooler kits selling on ebay and all need one or two holes cut in the body to fit. has anyone bought one of these kits and modified the pipe work to no holes. any feedback would be awesome as im finding it hard to find any gktech kits
0 likes
GouldyArchived member
The older gtech kits apparently fit perfect but the newer ones need modifying from what I've heard on the forum maybe try n chase up one of the older kits
0 likes
Chaz_007Archived member
I'm running a just jap kit(cooling pro). It has the no holes pipe work. Took a little bit of work, however it fits nice. I'm happy with it for the price. Cheers Ben
0 likes
Wkd_VlArchived member
can you send me the link is possible
0 likes
Chaz_007Archived member
http://justjap.com/store/product.php...03&cat=&page=1 (http://justjap.com/store/product.php?productid=16903&cat=&page=1) Cheers Ben
0 likes
Wkd_VlArchived member
ok kool and you didnt need any holes cut to fit . do you have any pics of the kit on your car
0 likes
Chaz_007Archived member
No holes at all. Not many pics. These are the best I can do The two joins in the pipe work end up on the left hand side behind the radiator and I front of the ac and power steer pump. Hope this helps. Cheers Ben Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Wkd_VlArchived member
wicked cheers mate think ill get one
0 likes
crv_psiArchived member
Does your car have a power steering rack? I got a few troubles with mine atm,
0 likes
Chaz_007Archived member
No power steer. I found that the pipe returning from the intercooler needs to be tied closer to the radiator support to gain more clearance. Cheers Ben
0 likes
AVG45Archived member
If you have power steering this kit is rubbish. The piping from turbo to end tank doesn't even come close to fitting and will rub on your p/s pump. For $300 I spose you can't complain and you just have to modify it to suit, when I bought the kit off JustJap the shipping took weeks, the kit was missing silicone pieces that I needed to fit the piping, it fouled the power steering pump etc etc was a bit of a nightmare.
0 likes
Chaz_007Archived member
AVG45, my post to Cairns was speedy, only 3 days after the order. I don't have p/s. I was missing the 2 1/2 to 3 inch silicone pipes when the kit was posted. They express posted the two joiners without any questions. Only my experiences Cheers Ben
0 likes
HTURBOArchived member
I'm running a Monza 3 inch piping kit with a bar & plate intercooler(76mm). I have no clearance issue's what so ever. With P/S & A/C
0 likes
Wkd_VlArchived member
well stroke of luck i ended up getting a gktech kit for $250 bargain
0 likes
GMH-88CArchived member
Hi, has anyone used one of these kits? http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com.au/vi... d=57149851887 (http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com.au/viewitem?itemId=170958509262&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=57149851887)
0 likes
vinny macArchived member
^^^I'd like to know what aswell! It says no holes but it looks like it goes through the wall down under the air box? Anybody know?
0 likes
Wkd_VlArchived member
heard there the left over gktech kit's
0 likes
vinny macArchived member
The ones that don't fit lol?
0 likes
TurismoArchived member
Bump Any one els like to share there experiences. Im thinking of purchasing a GK Teck kit atm. But at $550 + $150 postage or $196 courier its looking a little pricy at $700 to 750 :X HTURBO where did you get your Monza kit from bud?
0 likes
HTURBOArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Turismo [View Post] HTURBO where did you get your Monza kit from bud? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HOLDEN-CA...em 5193b07c70 (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HOLDEN-CALAIS-BELINA-VL-RB30-DELTA-FIN-INTERCOOLER-KIT-/350370167920?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5193b07c70) Had the kit for the last 10 years LOL. Also few years ago I brought a bar & plate intercooler off tuff car parts to replace the delta fin.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 5 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today97

7,520 threads, 49,831 posts and 727 images saved from CT

22.0% of indexed threads saved