Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Group a throttle body with custom top what's it wrth?

Started by Shirazmel · 8 Jan 2013 · 36 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

ShirazmelArchived member
I have a group a twin throttle with a custom Top what is it wrth ? If I get A good price I may sell [phone removed] David I'll send pics
0 likes
mulkersArchived member
Custom top..... go on. Pictures? If the bottom section is complete and unmodified, i would say its worth between $500 and $1000, or better yet, what someone is willing to pay
0 likes
ShirazmelArchived member
That's what I've been told and been offered $2,500 for it but I still dont know much About it so I'm not selling yet How do u put a pic up on Here? They changed it so the throttles are On each side instead of one.
0 likes
cava454Archived member
Here you go Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
ShirazmelArchived member
Cheers
0 likes
XEC747Archived member
Is it the giacottolo one that was one ebay the other week. Like this one? http://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=gi...42,s:100,i:130 (http://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=giocattolo+engine&start=130&hl=en&tbo=d&biw=1088&bih=556&tbm=isch&tbnid=zcZhCxXSDPe06M:&imgrefurl=http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthread.php%3F146445-Conversation-Starter&docid=KuiuZ8M4L7BpBM&imgurl=http://i316.photobucket.com/albums/mm326/OOL51/stuff/Giocattolomanifold004.jpg&w=1024&h=768&ei=AdDsUL2LM6XymAXVy4HwCg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=792&vpy=238&dur=2227&hovh=195&hovw=260&tx=155&ty=159&sig=115872952081658652664&page=7&tbnh=129&tbnw=169&ndsp=26&ved=1t:429,r:42,s:100,i:130)
0 likes
mulkersArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Shirazmel [View Post] That's what I've been told and been offered $2,500 for it but I still dont know much About it so I'm not selling yet How do u put a pic up on Here? They changed it so the throttles are On each side instead of one. When people say they are worth thousands, it is normally the complete package; rocker covers, fuel rails, airbox etc etc etc. On its own it may be a good manifold in its own right, or decent parts for someone looking to rebuild/restore an original group A. If you are looking to sell it and have been offered $2500, jump on it, as that seems really high for what it is.
0 likes
cava454Archived member
^^^what I said.
0 likes
LS1VLArchived member
saw a base and a top sell seperatly on ebay a while ago both went for around the $1200 each as the guys above said I would jump at $2500. Id be keen on it but not at $2500 feel free to Pm me if that offer falls through and your keen to sell
0 likes
ShirazmelArchived member
1200 don't think so I wouldn't even take It off for that and I have seen packages Sell between 4,500 and 6000 ---------- Post added 10-01-13 at 10:01 ---------- And they are hard to find even the one I Have is hard to find it's custom So I haven't seen another like it ---------- Post added 10-01-13 at 10:02 ---------- I'll just keep it thanks for the info
0 likes
YetiArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Shirazmel [View Post] 1200 don't think so I wouldn't even take It off for that and I have seen packages Sell between 4,500 and 6000 ---------- Post added 10-01-13 at 10:01 ---------- And they are hard to find even the one I Have is hard to find it's custom So I haven't seen another like it ---------- Post added 10-01-13 at 10:02 ---------- I'll just keep it thanks for the info Original packages go for that price. Your one is not going to have anywhere near the appeal of an original one.
0 likes
ShirazmelArchived member
Yea I know it is custom wrks well And it's a one of a kind it will sell for good Coin they are hard to find and the right Person will want it Been told it was probably wrth around 3 k
0 likes
cava454Archived member
Custom is what u don't want when t comes to something as rare as these manifolds. Every time people look at it they will think fake... Like I told you. For 3k you just about in the price range for genuine Walky manifold of you know where to look. Did u he pics of the throttles to see if they are genuine? We're not being rude, it just is what it is.
0 likes
ShirazmelArchived member
How can u tell if it's genuine ? ---------- Post added 10-01-13 at 11:43 ---------- I need to find out more about what it is and why the plenum Is custom and see if the base is genuine too I've Been told it is let me know if u know anything about it cheers ---------- Post added 10-01-13 at 11:48 ---------- And the other guy said it's worth 500 to 1000 what a joke I laughed. ---------- Post added 10-01-13 at 11:50 ---------- I can sell just the throttles for 600
0 likes
YetiArchived member
No one is going to pay good coin for this, not over $3000. You may get a good price for the lower half but most people would look at the top section and think it is an abortion. Unless you have some paperwork proving it is a more efficient unit than the original, you will find it hard to move. If you got offered $2,500 for it I would take it. You will find it hard to sell that top half.
0 likes
ShirazmelArchived member
Um I've had a few offers ---------- Post added 10-01-13 at 12:09 ---------- And I don't want over 3 ---------- Post added 10-01-13 at 12:16 ---------- In no hurry to sell as it's on the car still
0 likes
cava454Archived member
Need photos to authenticate. Of throttles. Take plenum iff and take photos of runners. It should just bolt off. Custom plenum won't make it any better performance wise.
0 likes
mulkersArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Shirazmel [View Post] 1200 don't think so I wouldn't even take It off for that and I have seen packages Sell between 4,500 and 6000 ---------- Post added 10-01-13 at 10:01 ---------- And they are hard to find even the one I Have is hard to find it's custom So I haven't seen another like it ---------- Post added 10-01-13 at 10:02 ---------- I'll just keep it thanks for the info custom doesnt always mean good, and usually it means costs more, but worth less. This is 'custom': ---------- Post added 10-01-13 at 12:56 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by Shirazmel [View Post] How can u tell if it's genuine ? ---------- Post added 10-01-13 at 11:43 ---------- I need to find out more about what it is and why the plenum Is custom and see if the base is genuine too I've Been told it is let me know if u know anything about it cheers ---------- Post added 10-01-13 at 11:48 ---------- And the other guy said it's worth 500 to 1000 what a joke I laughed. ---------- Post added 10-01-13 at 11:50 ---------- I can sell just the throttles for 600 How big are the throttles? I will laugh if you ever get good money for it, and can prove it. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
SHIZNTArchived member
My vote is, judging by the Greddy sticker on the front its just something some spanner knocked together in his shed in Ballarat after downing a 6 pack of Real McCoys.
0 likes
ShirazmelArchived member
I don't care what u guys really think I've Had offers I have decided to keep it not Worth the trouble to sell it and it looks good In my car too and goes well. As for the guy saying custom Is crap Why are u wanting to buy it? Go waste someone else's time. ---------- Post added 10-01-13 at 13:46 ---------- And the phone number for the cylinder Head thing don't ring ---------- Post added 10-01-13 at 13:47 ---------- And if u can find another the same or similar Let me know also a complete group a One for 3k I'll buy ---------- Post added 10-01-13 at 13:49 ---------- And I took the stickers off Did u build this downing a six pack?
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 0 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today108

10,707 threads, 77,842 posts and 961 images saved from CT

31.3% of indexed threads saved