Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Hi guy last night I converted my n/a to a Vl turbo, I have gone over many times but for some reason it won't start I haven't changed the injectors,I do have a Turbo computer the only thing I haven't hooked up is the airflow meter.would this cusses it to turn over but not start? cheers bronsonvl
0 likes
It could be a few things mate, connect the af meter up an see what happens but from what I no about the af meter it should still start just not want to rev past 1000rpm. The next thing I would check is the fuel lines running to the fuel rail, the intake line goes into the rail an the return line goes to the pressure regulator. Next if still no evel I would try putting ur NA ecu back in an see if it starts. An last if she still ain't starting have a friend try an start it for you wial you wiggle the crank angle sensor wires around.
---------- Post added 19-11-12 at 15:30 ----------
Also make sure the wires on the O2 sensor ain't touching the heat shield cause it will keep blowing the fuel pump fuse.
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by vh sle rb
[View Post]
It could be a few things mate, connect the af meter up an see what happens but from what I no about the af meter it should still start just not want to rev past 1000rpm. The next thing I would check is the fuel lines running to the fuel rail, the intake line goes into the rail an the return line goes to the pressure regulator. Next if still no evel I would try putting ur NA ecu back in an see if it starts. An last if she still ain't starting have a friend try an start it for you wial you wiggle the crank angle sensor wires around.
---------- Post added 19-11-12 at 15:30 ----------
Also make sure the wires on the O2 sensor ain't touching the heat shield cause it will keep blowing the fuel pump fuse.
Ok cheers mate i will give them a try I also noticed that my o2 sensor had a crack in it but have been told that they will run with out one would that be an issue?
0 likes
As long as it ain't blowing ya fuel pump fuse should be OK.
---------- Post added 19-11-12 at 16:31 ----------
Let us no how ya go
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by vh sle rb
[View Post]
As long as it ain't blowing ya fuel pump fuse should be OK.
---------- Post added 19-11-12 at 16:31 ----------
Let us no how ya go
hey man got it started by putting the afm on but now it over revs like crazy! i dont even put my foot on the eccelerator and it just jumps all the way to 5 grand revs but i turn it off befor it gets any higher, wtf? it just revs by its self
0 likes
My car did that to me after using me nitrous one day turned out to be the idle control at the back of the Plenum, 5k sounds bloody high though. Check ya throttle is closed propearly and the idle control the throttle poison sensor will make it do that too but not by that much
0 likes
It was that little screw that was the problem it was too high cheers buddy but now when i start her up she and try to rev it, it wants to stall out but once she get warm and i give it a rev its fine maybe hasitates a little but not as much as when its cold any ideas? it also has a slight misfire randomly but it sound normal when ideling as well. other that that I took her for a drive first time I have built and drivin one and WOW! im speachless and in love!
0 likes
Do it once. Do it properly
0 likes
Sounds like it could use a good tune up now mate an have the air fuel ratios ckecked. The first things u really want to do is check the compression, fuel pressure an the ignition timing. From the I'd do all the usual things plugs lead button cap belts ect. Some circuit cleaner to clean the af meter an have it set proply. Also an auto trans cooler may help it last an extra week or so if its auto lol.
0 likes
20-11-12, 17:47 GMT+10#10 So your running stock injectors with a turbo computer?
0 likes
20-11-12, 18:30 GMT+10#11 get turbo injectors mate. itl be running real rich and washing the bores which could eventually cause it to spin a bearing. do it once and do it properly.
0 likes
20-11-12, 20:39 GMT+10#12 No I don't have turbo injectors, im planning to rebuild another rb30 so in the mean time would it make a big deal? And I am running a turbo computer
0 likes
21-11-12, 06:07 GMT+10#13 Not sure if your serious or taking the piss? Holden didnt have different injectors on the turbo model for no reason. Put it this way, if you dont put turbo injectors in you will be building 2 engines.
0 likes
21-11-12, 06:22 GMT+10#14 Ok didn't realise how serious it was I will get them done for sure! Cheers guys
0 likes
21-11-12, 07:55 GMT+10#15 Mate you can run Na injectors and ecu just dnt go crazy and thrash the **** through it with out them and it will last till you find a set I had a set of standard Injectors in my Vl Hicomp turbo for 6 months on stock boost never had a problem beside some detonation at high rpm
0 likes
21-11-12, 09:16 GMT+10#16 ** NA injectors with a Turbo ECU leaves the engine running too LEAN.
* Turbo injectors and NA ECU leaves the engine running too RICH.
Best use the NA ECU and wind back the timing to 10 degrees after 4 minutes of warming up. idle speed around 800. make sure TPS is setup correctly before hand. don't push more than 5-7psi out of the a high comp motor unless it has a decompression head gasket installed.
Or send me the ECU and I'll upgrade the fuel & ignition timing calibrations to stop it blowing up on you until you get the injectors sorted.
these old ecu's can have up to 4 setups (calibrations/memcals) programmed in them so you can swap between different tunes.
0 likes
21-11-12, 13:37 GMT+10#17 Ok guys I might have some injectors already, if it does fall through and I cant get injector striaght away I might use the NA ECU and wind the timing back if that will work then will hopefully have turbo injectors ASAP! and how many cc are the stock turbo injectors?
0 likes
21-11-12, 14:55 GMT+10#18 Dude you could have just left it the way it was n banged the new engine in instead of doing your head in.
I think in your haste you have jumped the gun mate,
You risk getting side tracked with this intermediate turbo set up
Just get some turbo injectors and focus on the engine build.
spend more time researching and youll spend les time asking silly questions
Good luck and focus on the big picture
Dustin
0 likes
21-11-12, 14:57 GMT+10#19 Stock 200cc, Turbo 250cc so stuff all diff. Just keep the Turbo ecu in with standard timing, run premium as a minimum an don't boost it up yet
0 likes
21-11-12, 16:19 GMT+10#20 If you just want it as a run around use the N/a injectors - and N/a ecu . they run fine just make sure its on 5-6psi max . and play with the dizzy cap till you get it running smooth. (done afew like this and they have ran for well over a year .
if it still wont start check your battry - spark - CAS and also check that the fuel pumps are working (undo the hose and see if its pissing out when you prime the car.
0 likes