Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Hey guys where do u get your cars tuned in Perth I've only been over here for 12 months for work but just picked up another calais turbo. I rang kwinana performance but they won't touch it cos it has a microtech
Cheers
0 likes
Moved to the WA Section...
0 likes
overboost or rotormotion for microtechs in Perth mate - both have good reps
0 likes
also, we like pictures, do a build/showoff thread, looks good in that tiny display pic.
0 likes
I remember trying to post pictures on here ages ago and it was a pain in the ass and I'm away at work only got the iPhone so ul have to wait til I get back home. Only just bought it last week but I can tell u it's genuine s2 1988 calais got rb25 with 5 speed with hi mount gt35/40 ext gate screamer pipe, 3" turbo back exhaust, microtech, ff plenum custom fuel rail bigger injectors and pump, mint s2 interior 20" xhp shorelines blah blah heaps of goodies I can't remember them all oh and 73000kms on the clock and 330kw at the wheels on 22psi
I haven't seen it yet I found it on gumtree and I was lucky my mate who's a fitter was on break and went and looked at it for me. He said it was mint and to buy it cos it was cheap. The owner thought it had a cracked head cos it was running rough when it was cold and blowing heaps of smoke but my mate dropped the oil changed plugs pressure tested it and its not losing any water into the engine he reckons it just over fuels so much to handle the boost. He's driven it a bit can't get traction in it just lights up the rears when it comes onto boost. Gonna ditch the 20s just run 17s with some semi slicks
Have ordered some wiseco forgies and eagle rods arp head studs to go in it then re tune to 30psi I want 400rwkw and an 11 second pass see how we go.
0 likes
yeah i saw that one on there last week.
kidmavric on here used to own it before he sold it to a guy down south who im assuming sold it to the guy you brought it off
http://calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=225679
^^ old fs thread, doesnt say much about it though
0 likes
Yea that's the one small world hey. I bought it off the guy who bought it off that fella for $13000 I don't reckon the Kms are genuine though hey
---------- Post added 29-10-12 at 18:18 ----------
I bought it off the guy who got it off kidmavric cos he said he paid 13000 for it. I just messages him said we should organise a cruise or something so he can see it again now it's back in the calaisturbo family where it belongs lol
0 likes
29-10-12, 18:21 GMT+10#10 Sounds awesome, looking forward to the thread.
I've had my car tuned at overboost twice, Mick is a genius. Works a LOT with rb's, probably does more 25's than anything else. Has a new ownership structure so my advice is if you are going there get it booked in etc but still go and talk to Mick, or ask if you can hang out while he tunes it. Good bloke.
Havent had my car tuned at roto but they also seemed pretty nice, i've bought a fair bit of stuff through them and they are microtech dealers.
BYE also have a good name, and have tuned some of the best (and most powerful) WA cars on this site.
As for semi slicks on 17's that what I run atm, if it is making good power it wont matter what you put on they will still spin when you boot it. I use Federal RSR's they have pretty decent grip but are great on wear too. Also at the cheaper end of semi slicks on the market.
0 likes
29-10-12, 18:32 GMT+10#11 +1 for BYE performance aswell - iv heard ALOT of good things from there. Justin knows his ****
0 likes
29-10-12, 18:51 GMT+10#12 Lookin forward to takin it to woop arse Wednesday see wat times I can get out of it. Know any1 who would want to buy those rims?
0 likes
30-10-12, 19:31 GMT+10#13 BYE PERFORMANCE can give you his number if you want.
0 likes
30-10-12, 21:51 GMT+10#14 Yeah cool that would be great. Any1 have an idea how much I will be up for? Car is running fine but just want to get it checked to make sure it's not leaning out at high revs as its running 22psi
0 likes
30-10-12, 22:21 GMT+10#15 usually around the 400 for a tune. probs less if you just want it checked out. may as well get it touched up but.
0 likes
30-10-12, 23:16 GMT+10#16 Yea true might see if I can squeeze a few more psi out of it then take it down the strip see wat it will run
0 likes
30-10-12, 23:52 GMT+10#17 aww i'd be verrry careful going any more than that on pump fuel ey. pretty ****ing high chances of rattle rattle bang bang if you get my drift.
if you want more safely look into ethanol/c16/avgas
0 likes
31-10-12, 02:09 GMT+10#18 22psi is a fair bit, its all in the tune I spose, but 330rwkw should be enough for an 11.
Right tyres and decent driving should do it? But it sounds like its not delivering the power well, probably needs a touch-up or retune. So yeah, get it into Rotos, Ovaboost or BYE ASAP.
The most trouble you'll have is getting off the line with that box. I managed a 12.0 on 380hp tune with a chewed out front wheel on the turbo... and i'm a **** driver.
No sympathy though, the 25 box is a beat, the 25 should love the revs.
Or get a 2 step and be a man, unlike caibs here, too scared to give it some pop pop.
Have you owned many VL's back home?
0 likes
31-10-12, 05:18 GMT+10#19 Yea got a sept 88 bt1 with a bit of work in the shed back home. It needs bigger fuel system cos it's maxed out at 15psi with 250kw at the rears. Still a handful and a lot of fun though. Needs a paint job and interior done but its a factory 5 speed with mx7 box and LSD so I'm gonna hold onto it cos they seem pretty popular might be worth some money some day.
If I could get a high 11 with wat I've got now with the new ride I would be stoked but it looks like traction will be the problem
0 likes
31-10-12, 12:00 GMT+10#20 Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet-na
[View Post]
Yea got a sept 88 bt1 with a bit of work in the shed back home. It needs bigger fuel system cos it's maxed out at 15psi with 250kw at the rears. Still a handful and a lot of fun though. Needs a paint job and interior done but its a factory 5 speed with mx7 box and LSD so I'm gonna hold onto it cos they seem pretty popular might be worth some money some day.
If I could get a high 11 with wat I've got now with the new ride I would be stoked but it looks like traction will be the problem
$5-600 pair of ET streets and traction won't be such an issue with some careful launches.
0 likes