Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
I'm hoping this isn't true, but I've had multiple people confirm it for me....
Colin Fender aka turbo3l on these forums was unfortunately killed on Saturday while at work at Naval Base.
http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/west...-1226499886001 (http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/man-buried-alive-in-sand/story-e6frg13u-1226499886001)
RIP mate. Knew you for a lot of years from when you were about 17 at ATTC in Freo. You didn't believe me that I had an original Calais Turbo manual and you swore they never made them in manual!
You were a good young bloke taken way to early. RIP mate.
http://www.facebook.com/Colinfender
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/member.php?u=23866
0 likes
Such horrible news.
My deepest condolences to his family and friends.
0 likes
very sad news.
My thoughts go out to family and friends.
Rest in peace colin.
0 likes
Heard this lastnight, condolences to his family and friends
0 likes
R.I.P Fender we are all going to miss you mate. Such a nice genuine mate taken to soon.
0 likes
R.I.P Colin, only met him a couple of times but a great guy! did not deserve this at all. my thoughts and condolences go out to his family and friends
0 likes
R.i.P col, only spoke to u a cpl days earlier :-( such a freak accident were u we're taken way too early bud! Condolences to ur gf and family mate.
0 likes
RIP Colin, you are a great guy always enjoyed our conversations on cruises.
0 likes
Only met Colin once but he was a top bloke , sorry to hear RIP mate
0 likes
22-10-12, 13:43 GMT+10#10 RIP Colin. Condolences to your family and friends.
0 likes
22-10-12, 13:45 GMT+10#11 I just recieved a call from the West Australian newspaper. They are intending to run an article on Colin and his life and love of cars.
I didn't know him that well, but if anyone did and would like to help, drop me a PM and I will pass on the details of the person at the West.
Thanks
0 likes
22-10-12, 13:47 GMT+10#12 Callum aka Tunzbig is probably the best for that as he and Colin were really close I'll try send him a message later on.
0 likes
22-10-12, 14:14 GMT+10#13 Yell cal lived with him at one point not long ago.
0 likes
22-10-12, 14:49 GMT+10#14 Colin was a top bloke. What happned to him was terrible and my heart goes out to his family for their loss.
Craig - il pm you Callums number if you want
0 likes
22-10-12, 15:30 GMT+10#15 thats terrible news ..i only had the chance to meet him a hand full of times.was always a great bloke ..R.I.P colin
0 likes
22-10-12, 15:44 GMT+10#16 Sold Colin some parts and was always great to talk to. RIP mate
0 likes
22-10-12, 16:50 GMT+10#17 rip colin condolences to your family and friends!
0 likes
22-10-12, 16:58 GMT+10#18 never met Colin i dont think but when this sort of s**t happens to any one its tradgic,condolences to the family and friends,
R.I.P
0 likes
22-10-12, 17:03 GMT+10#19 So heavy, RIP.
Colin always had something to do with VL's and CT. Maybe a cruise to commemorate Colin, later on could be an idea?
0 likes
22-10-12, 17:32 GMT+10#20 i saw something on facebook come up on his profile yesterday and thought it was a joke and ignored it, i later went back to look and it was true!
i cant believe its happened, he was a good bloke into wheeling and dealing and helping fellow enthusiests out with their pride and joy
bought and sold many bits and pieces to each other and been to his workplace numerous time whilst he was on nightshift n every time made me peel out in a cloud of smoke!
great bloke and will be sadly missed, i just cant believe its happened to be honest just when he was setting his life up so well! =(
RIP BUDDY
0 likes