Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

road bikes

Started by -pumba- · 6 Sept 2012 · 26 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

-pumba-Archived member
well seen as there is one for dirt bikes i thought why not make one for rd bikes. i recently just got back into a rd bike. any talk about them and what youve previously owned/own now. I started with a cbr250rr on my L's was a wicked bike to learn on, and reasonably quick for a learner legal bike. then i sold that and went onto a 2006 r6, was crazy stepping up to this from the 250. this was when i first bought it was taking it for a ride around the block thats why im in shorts and a tshirt lol. was also lowered here. raised it back to standard height. then i went to dirt bikes for awhile and have recently just bought this, 2006 CBR1000RR. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
SteveArchived member
I've been riding road bikes since I was 17, didnt even get my car licence until I was 20... My whole family (except for Mum) have a bike Heres 2 old Yamahas that I rebuilt/restored: 1978 Yamaha XS750 E - My grandad bought this one brand new, I bought it from him a few years ago and restored it Started working on this one when I was 16, its had numerous changes/rebuilds since 1979 Yamaha XS750 SF - 826cc 2006 Kawasaki ZX12-R Ninja - will be riding this over to Phillip Island for the MotoGP's in October This is from a weekender trip down south a little while ago. The other bike is my brother's 2008 FZ1-N Yamaha (sorry for the giant pic) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
silverRBArchived member
After my most recent trip to Thailand where my father and I rented scooters to get around Koh Chang, I decided to get my learners and climb on a bike here. Bought my first bike 4 months ago 2010 black hyosung gt650r Apart from Melbournes terrible weather it's been awesome throwing the leg over on nice days and getting around. I will post some pics up soon. Any advice from you more advanced riders would be great as well. Marc Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
88 ChaserArchived member
Got a heap of mates that ride road bikes. Im pretty sure I would kill myself on one, so I have stayed away, I really love them though, they look so tough. A mate of mine actually builds storage stands for bikes too if anyone is short on space, its basically a cradle that the bike rolls onto with caster so you can push it around sideways into the back of the garage with out having to do a 47 point turn. Ill try get some pics and prices if any one is interested.
0 likes
SteveArchived member
eg this?? http://www.kaneg.com.au/products/Spa...otorcycle.html (http://www.kaneg.com.au/products/Spacesaver-Mate-Rear-Stand--Plus-Free-spools-%252d-Black-%252d-Motorbike%2C-Motorcycle.html)
0 likes
88 ChaserArchived member
Similar, but different. Probably take up less room.
0 likes
88_vl_bt1Archived member
started off with an r1 worst mistake ever. wish i had of went for a 250 to begin with
0 likes
silverRBArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by 88_vl_bt1 [View Post] started off with an r1 worst mistake ever. wish i had of went for a 250 to begin with Why was it the worst mistake? Just too much too quick? I found that when brakeing I tend to slide right forward on the seat then having to re adjust myself. Am I using to much front brake? Do you guys think stomp grips are worth the money?
0 likes
-pumba-Archived member
i had stomp grips on my cbr that i just bought, i just pulled them off. sounds like your not holding on with your knees ?? i dont slide around at all really, but i am a bigger guy. sounds interesting 88 chaser, would definately be interested in seeing some pics and possibly a price.
0 likes
88_vl_bt1Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by silverRB [View Post] Why was it the worst mistake? Just too much too quick? I found that when brakeing I tend to slide right forward on the seat then having to re adjust myself. Am I using to much front brake? Do you guys think stomp grips are worth the money? way too quick throttle is very touchy. always worried about getting pulled over. it was a bit of an impulse buy lol
0 likes
GouldyArchived member
Road bikes r awesome fun my first bike was a cbr954rr 03 model I'd be sitting on 100 kmh and u couldn't even tell only thing is insurance and rego is ridiculously priced
0 likes
cava454Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by 88_vl_bt1 [View Post] way too quick throttle is very touchy. always worried about getting pulled over. it was a bit of an impulse buy lol Shouldn't have put the L plates up. Less of a chance of getting pulled over.
0 likes
HTURBOArchived member
Finally went for my L plates. Is it one year on L's & how many on P's??
0 likes
-pumba-Archived member
i dunno how it is in vic but here you get your Ls then you can go for your R date when ever u want, could go the week after if you wanted. once youve done that you are restricted to the list of power to weight ratio bikes for 12 months, then you go and pay $20 for a new license and receive your R license can ride anything you like.
0 likes
silverRBArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by HTURBO [View Post] Finally went for my L plates. Is it one year on L's & how many on P's?? L's for at least 3 months then p's for a year. Pretty sure that's right.
0 likes
88_vl_bt1Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by silverRB [View Post] L's for at least 3 months then p's for a year. Pretty sure that's right. yeah thats right
0 likes
HTURBOArchived member
So to obtain my P's do I have to resit the course??
0 likes
cava454Archived member
Yes. It's another test. Takes like 30 mins
0 likes
mkd.jetArchived member
This is my road bike (Chopper) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by 88_vl_bt1 [View Post] started off with an r1 worst mistake ever. wish i had of went for a 250 to begin with lol you realise cops aren't your biggest worry riding one of those on your L's. You're completely uninsured, you come off, smash a car, hit a person.. you're pretty much stuffed! I test rode my first MV Augusta 1000cc around 6 months ago, it was amazing on the road - real change from the jap bikes.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today110

11,981 threads, 91,836 posts and 1,230 images saved from CT

35.0% of indexed threads saved