Preserved from CalaisTurbo (partial recovery). Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Name: Ben
Model: 88 Walky Replica
Colour: Panorama Silver
Engine Type: EFi 304 V8
Engine Mods: Cammed, Pacemaker PH5700 Ceramic Coated
Power: 173 RWKW at time of purchase.
Exhaust: To be made
Gearbox: T5 Manual
Diff: Rebuilt LSD 3:08 28 Splines
Brakes: Slotted Rotors, Bendix Ultimate Pads
Suspension: FRONT- King Springs and KYB Inserts, REAR- King Springs and KYB Pedders adj panhard rod
Wheels/Tyres: TSW 19x8 and 19x9.5 (For Sale)
Interior: VS Senator Front Seats, Royale Rear, VL Walkinshaw Momo wheel, Walkinshaw Console Surround (to fit)
Stereo: Pioneer Headunit
Build Period: Hopefully a few months! Hahaha
Future Mods: Fit TTB's, Make a air box, Trim interior, Rebuild Engine, After market or Genuine Walky ECU, find a genuine front and rear Walkinshaw Bumpers, modify the gear lever to work with the console.
The Walky needs quite a few things done to it. I'll post as I progress.
---------- Post added 15-04-12 at 20:01 ----------
Hey Guys thought it was about time I showed myself. Slowly working away at the car. Trying to get it as close to the real deal.
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
amazing looks amazing, great work.
whats with the parking thing at the front?
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by FATPSI
[View Post]
amazing looks amazing, great work.
whats with the parking thing at the front?
Thanks Mate!
Got a mate that used to sell them so scored a couple. Lol.
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ_bt1vlt
[View Post]
Nice!!!
Thanks mate. The photos are of how I bought it. I'll start updating soon. Nice BT1. I've had my fair share of VLT's.
0 likes
Looks awesome Ben, you just need these
Hey did the parts arrive alright?
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by VL-Dan
[View Post]
Looks awesome Ben, you just need these
Hey did the parts arrive alright?
I have some. Lol.
Yes the parts turned up this morning.
---------- Post added 16-04-12 at 12:27 ----------
Just going to go through what I've done so far.
Switched out the 6 cylinder cluster for a Walkinshaw one I picked up a while back.
Put a V8 pedal box in. I was looking for 1 and ended up stubbling across 2.
Bonnet strut mod
Hate the red covers!
---------- Post added 16-04-12 at 12:30 ----------
Picked up some parts.
Some bits turned up today.
---------- Post added 16-04-12 at 12:34 ----------
Also fitted a gas strut to the boot. Works pretty good. Photos are from my phone. Got to glue the back carpet back down and pull the rest out and give it a good scrub.
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
---------- Post added 16-04-12 at 12:42 ----------
.
---------- Post added 16-04-12 at 12:47 ----------
Finally found a passenger seat bracket. What a mission to find it! Mounted the seat. Thanks Mike (SIKVLT)
New power steering hose turned up from Oz. Bought some heat sleeve to try and keep them well protected as well as the speedo and clutch cable.
---------- Post added 16-04-12 at 12:50 ----------
Pulled the fuel tank out. Was a little fumey.
Really need to find a good tank with no dents. Cleaned it up anyway for now but have to keep the budget down to use the money for interior and TTB's.
---------- Post added 16-04-12 at 12:52 ----------
Pulled the fuel tank out. Was a little fumey.
Really need to find a good tank with no dents. Cleaned it up anyway for now but have to keep the budget down to use the money for interior and TTB's.
---------- Post added 16-04-12 at 12:54 ----------
Out with the old!
---------- Post added 16-04-12 at 12:57 ----------
Still waiting on parts. Did one mod. Put a spring in to support the clutch cable. Got rid of the cable ties.
---------- Post added 16-04-12 at 12:58 ----------
Fark. I look like a post whore.
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Thats some awesome progress.....Love that genuine Walky dash cluster.
Not many people know they are different to any other VL
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
16-04-12, 15:15 GMT+10#10 Quote:
Originally Posted by VL-Dan
[View Post]
Thats some awesome progress.....Love that genuine Walky dash cluster.
Not many people know they are different to any other VL
Thanks Dan. I've hopefully got some serious goodies coming back from Oz in the next couple of weeks.
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
16-04-12, 15:35 GMT+10#11 NICE WORK!
looks awesome man , keep it up!
0 likes
16-04-12, 16:32 GMT+10#13 Quote:
Originally Posted by 0C1876
[View Post]
NICE WORK!
looks awesome man , keep it up!
Thanks Bro.
---------- Post added 16-04-12 at 18:53 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNONT2
[View Post]
looks wicked man
Thanks aye bro. Still waiting on other bits to fit the condensor fan. Air con is a bit of a mish
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
16-04-12, 17:40 GMT+10#14 haha yea,its heaps eaisyer to rip out than to put back in lol
0 likes
16-04-12, 20:01 GMT+10#15 How difficult is it to pull your diff to bits?
0 likes
16-04-12, 21:10 GMT+10#16 That steering wheel is awesome!!!
0 likes
17-04-12, 04:20 GMT+10#17 Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ_bt1vlt
[View Post]
How difficult is it to pull your diff to bits?
It can be challenging. It needs to be done with the right tools and measuring equipment.
I've got a rebuilt VLT 3.45 28 spline I may sell towards the end of the Walky build. I've had it since I own my VLT's 10 odd years ago.
---------- Post added 17-04-12 at 06:26 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaksvl
[View Post]
That steering wheel is awesome!!!
Thanks man. I sold my left testicle for it.
---------- Post added 17-04-12 at 06:37 ----------
Got a tweed sample sent to me from a Walkinshaw owner in Sydney.I really wanted to get some genuine Walky interior but the postage from Oz isn't justifing it. I'm going to try overseas to track some material that is close. Lets see what happens.
A Genuine SS Decal turned up today!
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
20-04-12, 04:34 GMT+10#19 Can you spot the mods? Still a small part to do.
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
20-04-12, 07:38 GMT+10#20 Colour coded chrome?
Looks the goods - I did the same to my car - not a fan of chrome!
0 likes