Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›CalaisTurbo archive
CalaisTurbo archive

Have you bought something from kego? Please post here. ** Potential Scam/Ripoff **

Started by darkstar · 30 Oct 2010 · 121 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

darkstarArchived member
Hey Guys, Kego on these forums, aka Matthew Wallace has been claiming to have goods for sale, that he may or may not have. I have successfully worked with the police to recover the funds of 4 calais turbo members so far as they have not received their goods within 2-3 weeks or a reasonable time frame. The story is that auspost etc may have lost it in the mail etc. He will reply to a WTB thread via PM and send you a message that he has the goods + bank details. A lot of members never got their goods, including myself, so I got the police involved and they are very willing to help in this situation as it was not just me, but 5+ calais turbo members that have had an issue. I am working with kego and the police to recover the funds of other victims. We have a thread in the members section, but if you are not a member, you will not be able to view it. Therefore, I have started this thread for EVERYONE that has a problem with a kego purchase, to post here and I will do my best to get it resolved. I need you to post the following details in this thread in this format to keep track of everything. Username - Item - Amount - Money Transfer Date eg: darkstar - T51R Housing - $120 - 7/10/2010 EVERYONE: Do not buy from kego at all! Ok here's the current list of Kego Parts and refunds that I know about. Calais Turbo Official Member List: Bigears - Diff - $150 - Refund Received Jbonez - carbies - $140 - Refund Received darkstar - T51R Housing - $120 - Refund received OBT100 - Clubsport Interior - $450 - Refund received PSI086 - Chrome Strips - $100 - Refund received boosted_wagon - Rajab Plenum - $500 Refund received Calais Turbo Non-Member List: WPN.747 - Link G1 ECU - $350 REFUND NOT RECEIVED innez - Venetians - $??? REFUND NOT RECEIVED
0 likes
INFLYTmelbArchived member
the dog tried to sell me a t04z for 750 telling me it was a mates. But i picked up on it. It was too easy. Be careful guys. Dog!
0 likes
ARA0001Archived member
yep he tried selling me a few things as well for cheap prices and including postage but i never bought anything from him
0 likes
3ltr VLArchived member
Was so close to buying off him. Thankfully i seen this thread http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/...ml#post1678955 (http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/general-qld-section/150486-has-anyone-seen-kego.html#post1678955) has done it to many more members over on jc
0 likes
vl_commArchived member
darkstar i have pm'd you about this guy. vl_comm - vs v6 ss cold air induction kit - $100 - can't remember the exact date but it would of been early October
0 likes
darkstarArchived member
Cheers mate. Looks like heaps of people have fallen victim to Kego. From what I know, money is being refunded, albeit slowly, but still being refunded. I will send him a PM regarding your purchase. Thanks.
0 likes
WPN.747Archived member
hey darkstar yeah i bought a ecu off him... people at post office hq said he hasnt sent it, he said he sent it 4 weeks ago... no show help me please i hate this F**KING S**T ---------- Post added 01-11-10 at 17:54 ---------- he called me after i ask for a refund without going through the police and he said give it another week and if it still didnt turn up we will sort things out.... this has all came through calaisturbo taking action, thanks boys
0 likes
<NICK>Archived member
tried selling me a rajab plenum for 200 bucks , wanted to do a COD but he was totally against it so i didnt go through with it claimed it was hes mates parts also
0 likes
rexiinArchived member
pm,d me regarding a wtb add i put up for a diff ,something didnt seem right ,lucky i didnt now ,goodluck to all hope you get your cash back
0 likes
sleepyvltArchived member
He tried too get me too just didnt seem right so i backed out heres how it went. Originally Posted by kego hi mate i have a Turbo exhaust manifold. make me an offer ??? cheers matthew 200 bucks posted to SYD? yeah ok sounds good. just send me all your address details and i can send it to you. my details are as follows: Mr Matthew J Wallace BSB: 124055 ACCOUNT NUMBER: 21409642 BANK OF QUEENSLAND cheers matthew Just befor we go ahead what sory of condition is it in no cracks etc its for a mate dont want to get him a dud. yeah its all good mate, its basicly in perfect condition No worries mate would you mind doing COD through Aus post as your new to the site and have no trader ratings that makes me nervous as ive been ripped off on this site twice before. Let me know. i would rarther have the cash before i send it, sorry. i have been on here for ages i just dont sell anything lol i am mostly on other sites but they are going down the shoot so i just started coming back here. Totally understand mate, look give me a few days ill see if we can find one in sydney then ill get back to you thanks yeah all good mate. my number is [phone removed] if you want to have a chat about it. cheers matthew after that i never replied.
0 likes
innezArchived member
what a fucing dog i just bought a venetian off him, so im guessing i wont get it ? OUR PM CONVO: Originally Posted by kego: "my details are as follows: Mr Matthew J Wallace BSB: 124055 ACCOUNT NUMBER: 21409642 BANK OF QUEENSLAND cheers matthew ey man, i put the money in today so it'll probably clear monday tuesday. have you recieved the money mate?? yeah mate got it and they are in the post now how long is it gonna take to get here man? dunno mate maybe a week or so "
0 likes
darkstarArchived member
EVERYONE: Do not buy from kego at all! Ok here's the current list of Kego Parts and refunds that I know about. Calais Turbo Official Member List: Bigears - Diff - $150 - Refund Received Jbonez - carbies - $140 - Refund Received darkstar - T51R Housing - $120 - Refund received OBT100 - Clubsport Interior - $450 - Refund received PSI086 - Chrome Strips - $100 - Refund received boosted_wagon - Rajab Plenum - $500 Refund received Calais Turbo Non-Member List: WPN.747 - Link G1 ECU - $350 REFUND NOT RECEIVED innez - Venetians - $??? REFUND NOT RECEIVED VL_comm - Vs v6 ss cold air intake - $100 REFUND NOT RECEIVED
0 likes
vl_commArchived member
Still haven't received my refund yet. Vs v6 ss cold air intake - $100
0 likes
URHONRArchived member
This guy was trying to sell me an aps intercooler for a wrx claimed it was brand new untouched, keeping in mind aps intercoolers sell at almost 2k if not more. He tried to sell it to me at $150 the dog, darkstar keep up the work and such the funds out of this prick
0 likes
innezArchived member
innez - venetians - $150
0 likes
EpitaphArchived member
everyone be aware, nothing over 1 metre can be sent australia post!
0 likes
aus880Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Epitaph [View Post] everyone be aware, nothing over 1 metre can be sent australia post! that's true and a good warning
0 likes
RB OneviaArchived member
or rims and tyres
0 likes
EpitaphArchived member
Directly from the AusPost website Quote: We can deliver parcels up to 20kg and 105cm in length.
0 likes
Turbo88Archived member
Hi Guys, I am from Just Commodores forum. I made a wanted ad a while ago wanting some parts on JC, it was a long list of random and specific bits too. turned out kego had all the parts I wanted from a complete crashed Statesman, which was pretty awesome because my VS had a lot of things wrong with it, and I wanted some extra bits from Calais/Statesman to put in it to make it better. So I paid for the Items about 4 weeks ago. Turns out Australia Post might have Lost/Stolen my items too (Just like 5+ Other people????) Here are the parts that I bought that I bought to put on my VS Wagon, I was pretty excited too because he also had a steering wheel with buttons, cd stacker and oem statesman head unit I wanted to have a go at wiring this into my VS Berlina. Usually Australia post take about 2 weeks to deliver, so I quickly went to the backyard and began to prepare my VS to recieve all the new parts. I took half the dash out so it was all ready when the parts arrive. - Statesman Steering wheel - V6 A/C Compressor for 3.8L - Idler pulleys - L3 Climate control unit - Window switches front and rear - BCM - Climate control vac modulator - Dash wiring loom - Factory statesman head unit - Factory statesman CD Stacker + Wiring that goes from Head unit to CD Stacker - Dash fascia surround - Center Ashtray - Statesman center console lid (Type that has stitches on it) - Cruise/Indicator stalk - Speaker grille for passengers door - Switches on the fascia plate such as demister etc - Power antenna + motor for the antenna - Converter module for steering wheel controls (It's clipped onto the BCM about 5 wires running to it) - Door lock buttons and frames (Front left and right) - Switch that activates glovebox light when glovebox is open After waiting 3 weeks or so nothing had arrived at my doorstep. So I was beginning to suspect Australia post lost the box, but to fit all those parts in it would have to be a big box, it could simply not go out of sight, fall down a vent, or get dragged away by a crow. Kego let me know that he'd call Australia post which was very good. So in the meantime I made a phone call to Australia post.... I spoke to a person at first who was very helpful, he asked me to get the details of the package, when it was sent and where from, he said he'd send a few emails over around the depots for them to have a look. So I PM'd Kego for the Details of where it was sent from, which was a post office in Queensland. So I dashed back to the phone and rang Aus post again. I spoke to another person, she told me that I am not entitled to the package until it arrives to me and that they would not conduct a search on it unless the original sender asks for it. I kept on ringing Australia post, and after going through the selection menu (Press this press that), I kept on hanging up on the same person until a different and hopefully more helpful customer service rep answers. After 3 hours of talking to different reps I got answers that basically amount to "The sender has to ask for a search" So I PM'ed Kego asking him to ring up Aus Post, he replied and told me he's been doing that but that they haven't been helpful, which was believable I guess. So I PM'ed him again and asked him to ring them up and ask them to do a search. I got a PM back saying that they are looking for it. And well here I am now, hoping either I get a reply saying Australia post has found the package, or that the package arrives at my doorstep... it has been a week since and nothing. So now I don't know what to do, hopefully Kego returns me the money but the problem is that somebody is trying to, and managing to steal lots of Commodore related parts... who must be working at Australia post and stealing the parts. But the interesting thing is, Australia post process thousands of packages every day..... how does the thief know EXACTLY WHICH packages have Commodore parts inside of them? I really don't know what is happening, it turns out lots of people have had their parts not arrive. If you guys are willing to get Today Tonight / ACA onto this, we can try organize something so please PM Me or add me on MSN - [email removed], you can also email the same address if you like. I really don't know who is stealing our Commodore parts and thus hard earn't money, but come on it is very suspicious that lots of packages with Commodore related parts (Big and Small packages) happen to go missing. There is some sort of racketry going on involving activity on Just Commodores forum, CalaisTurbo and possibly Australia Post. I'm not sure exactly how many people have not had their parts arrive, but the high coincidence of parcels not arrived in the SAME time frame, the SAME type of items (car related), and the SAME poster, and the SAME forums calls for concern. One thing I do know, is that my VS is without it's parts and that angers me. I am down a lot of money which I hopefully get back.
0 likes

This discussion is closed to new replies.

Who’s online

0 members and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today25

18,400 threads, 200,707 posts and 2,222 images saved from CT

53.7% of indexed threads saved