Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Dougs mint Vlct build thread.....

Started by dougall83 · 24 Dec 2013 · 212 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo (partial recovery). Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

dougall83Archived member
She's on her way�� (http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/kldougall83/media/image_zpsggt9wlyb.png.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Man it's come a long way! The flake in the black paint looks mad.
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by MUS [View Post] Man it's come a long way! The flake in the black paint looks mad. Hey mus how u been lad, congrats on the new rig! Yeah man she's changed a lot since I saved her hahahah
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
Finally started getting glide sorted fitted the new shifter (http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/kldougall83/media/image_zpsmh2xtw4t.jpeg.html) ---------- Post added 14-05-17 at 12:13 ---------- (http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/kldougall83/media/image_zpsiwizloja.jpeg.html) Also will box trailing arms, sold me Simmons and ordered a set of weld pro stars and will shorten diff to suit time to get ready for powercruise in September Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
350statoArchived member
Sh!t yes, looks like the eact same items I got for my trailing arms, they fit well, Weld Prostars are the best wheel!! I have them on my little corolla for racing, no doubt they will become communal with the VL lol
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by 350stato [View Post] Sh!t yes, looks like the eact same items I got for my trailing arms, they fit well, Weld Prostars are the best wheel!! I have them on my little corolla for racing, no doubt they will become communal with the VL lol Yeah I think I seen pics of it on Facebook Yeah just a lot more practical for the use mine gets and I can have a matching set for powercruise in September ---------- Post added 17-05-17 at 20:37 ---------- (http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/kldougall83/media/image_zpsqsslogkq.png.html) ---------- Post added 17-05-17 at 20:39 ---------- (http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/kldougall83/media/image_zpsihpviwge.jpeg.html) ---------- Post added 17-05-17 at 20:41 ---------- Few more bits have arrived The diff will be shortened to fit 4-1/2bs on 8" rim And will go drums on the rear now also ---------- Post added 18-05-17 at 18:24 ---------- Wheels are here pretty excited rekon will look killer (http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/kldougall83/media/image_zpsbjyeg9kk.jpeg.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
Think I'm starting to love these welds ---------- Post added 27-05-17 at 12:57 ---------- (http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/kldougall83/media/image_zpsxqv920gr.png.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
(http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/kldougall83/media/image_zpstojofhyu.png.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
Car is for sale 10:3@129mph Genuine Calais not turbo $26k Kldougall on Facebook or [phone removed].
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by dougall83 [View Post] Car is for sale 10:3@129mph Genuine Calais not turbo $26k Kldougall on Facebook or [phone removed]. Sorry to hear man. Rare I say this about a VL, fark me that is a bargain!. For all the work that you have done. Shame your selling, but I'm sure there are circumstances for your reason. Goodluck with it mate. You gave this car a second Life.
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by MUS [View Post] Sorry to hear man. Rare I say this about a VL, fark me that is a bargain!. For all the work that you have done. Shame your selling, but I'm sure there are circumstances for your reason. Goodluck with it mate. You gave this car a second Life. Cheers brother Yeah getting a little older now and I have had a blast building it, I brought a Ve senator for now and will build a walky replica in time The Calais has obviously sold and now is in Melbourne
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Jeezz sold already Dougs? Quick easy sale? Pm me price ya got man
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
Well i have a new vl Bring on my walky replica
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 10 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today12

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 65 images saved from CT