Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Meets & events
Meets & events

Leb Vlt drag build

Started by leb vlt · 25 Dec 2011 · 357 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo (partial recovery). Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

mdbvlctArchived member
*** mo,sorry to hear mate,I thaught u were onto a good thing there ah well ya live n ya learn
0 likes
leb vltArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Duke57TT [View Post] What were the pistons? Not a full forged? Something like a hypatech or whatever? Na forged, just the cheapest end of the scale! From wat iv read up there very basic and aren't used for big hp/psi rating, I was under the impression wen I handed over the money that I was getting a bottom end capable of handling 40psi "all day everyday".... Let me get this out that the previous shop did not build the motor themselves, he used his "contacts" in qld BUT between them they came to the conclusion that it should have this/that and not this/that bla bla.... And wen I asked for pics of the bottom end while it was getting built, I got "why so u can post them on fb?" wtf :-/ Feel rorted, eg for $260 why the *** would u not get arp main stud bolts put in while the motor was apart, instead "they" adopted the "she'll be right" attitude, also part of the deal was arp head studs, they forgot to send them with the motor but the sent the motor back with a 2nd hand balancer :-/
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
Sounds like winning all round mate. I honestly feel your pain, having had parts knocked off, bits in engines that you pay for that are not etc etc. The worst thing is that what are you going to do over a value of $1000, get a lawyer involved? drives you mental. Makes you want to punch ****s.
0 likes
brennoArchived member
If u have recipts and can prove you did not get what you paid for you can get some of your coin back
0 likes
leb vltArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Duke57TT [View Post] Sounds like winning all round mate. I honestly feel your pain, having had parts knocked off, bits in engines that you pay for that are not etc etc. The worst thing is that what are you going to do over a value of $1000, get a lawyer involved? drives you mental. Makes you want to punch ****s. Not gona go to the extent of lawyers etc, that's exactly how i feel man. Il spend wat ever it needs to be done right! That was my attitude from the start! I wanted a big name Vl in wa and wasn't scared to throw money at it.. My issue is c4c, powercruise and a few other events are coming up and the Vl will most likely miss all of them! ---------- Post added 06-08-12 at 18:00 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by brenno [View Post] If u have recipts and can prove you did not get what you paid for you can get some of your coin back The receipt shows only wats in the motor, shows how much I over payed, and also looks dodgy as bat ****, it was an agreement between me n the previous shop with words! Me: yo how much to build me a motor for 40psi ...: 4500 Me: il supply my own rods ...: ye might be a lil cheaper then Me: we'll sort it out ASAP 3 n a bit months later motor rocks up.. Payed him for a fuel reg, got a 2nd hand one, paid him to sort the head out, I get a phone calls from applied automotive asking wats going on with the head and wen is some one gona sort the bill for tidying it up... So that meant i had to go and pay for it, never saw the money i gave, always said well use it on something else... Meanwhile he was on holiday! There wasnt a time I was there were money wasn't handed over, 200 here, 500 there, 1k etc and I was there at least once a week! Point is there mustve been a misunderstanding between hey I want 40psi reliably and lets give him a motor gd for 20-25 with the it should be ok on 40 and if not lets blame the tuner as he doesn't have a dyno! I'm livid put it this way! It's made me loose faith in workshops, I've lost the drive I had that made me love vls and always wanting to build one... Wat do i do? Get legal help and get no where and lose out more money again cos I was never given receipts cos I had gd faith in wat I was getting or stomp on some1s head and get locked up... Ain't worth it. Word of mouth will be enuf, il never send any1 there again, feeling will always have a negative opinion on that workshop!!!
0 likes
inkArchived member
I got rolled by my old housemate who worked at a supposedly legit workshop, it's honestly so disheartening being taken for a ride. I'm now pretty distrustful of mechanics that say this and that, and quote you prices but then never deliver. You know, you tell them you want it fixed by this date and they keep pushing it back and giving bullsh!t excuses on why it's not ready. Like what are you going to do, the cars there in pieces so you're pretty much over a barrel waiting for them. It's so hard to find a reputable, trustworthy workshop. Don't give up, go the 26 head for sure!
0 likes
stocker31Archived member
Yeah that's pretty much what happen to me . End up selling my old vl causeof that. Got my box built like three timed and motor twice. Git a wolf ecu our to crap setup I ripped it out and git a haltech then apparently I had a cam but was a re ground one. Cost me alot to fix it up. With my new vl I am doin all the work. Cause I know it'll be done right. And no rb30 this time . But after all that I still lo've vl turbos
0 likes
kidmavricArchived member
Lsx motor from active automotive Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
ReformedArchived member
That sux to hear, would be good to see it run a time with the turbo setup need more in WA
0 likes
zaksvlArchived member
If you have lost under 10 grand take him to court by yourself mate if it's more do it under two different cases, loads of people do it.
0 likes
vl_sl_88Archived member
thats ****ed man!! i DROVE my vl into this same shop, was forever handing over money for this & that, GOT ROYALLY ****ED OVER! get a call from the fat **** saying "oh hey im driven your to a show & shine" what the ****!? YOU DO NOT EVER TAKE CUSTOMERS CARS FOR JOY RIDES! next thing i know the car is 'FINISHED', time for more money to be paid, sigh, then he starts pushing it out of the workshop?? " WTF U DOIN MAN?? " " oh didnt i tell you? there is metal in the sump, so i didnt put any oil back in it" i was just blank, got him to fill it up & limped it home. now after 3-4 months of whatever the **** was going on i dont know, the wiring ( which he was supposed to be "fixing", ended up ****ing out, there is about 4 different circuits all drawing from one 15A fuse, SOME ELECTRICIAN EH!? my car now misses on a cylinder when cold & blows smoke _ ITS ****ED!!!! NO RECIEPTS & RIPPED THE **** OFF MY CAR NOW SITS IN A SHED & I CANT EVEN BARE TO LOOK AT IT!! IT BREAKS MY HEART!!!!
0 likes
leb vltArchived member
That sucks byron, very unprofessional Customer service. Gd thing uv found some1 now and it will get done right this time! All that wasted money... Sighhhhhh.....
0 likes
Xibit0rArchived member
Obviously why certain business started up over here and left home state... Is Pete's car still there? Hows yours going Mo?
0 likes
grunter01Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by vl_sl_88 [View Post] thats ****ed man!! i DROVE my vl into this same shop, was forever handing over money for this & that, GOT ROYALLY ****ED OVER! get a call from the fat **** saying "oh hey im driven your to a show & shine" what the ****!? YOU DO NOT EVER TAKE CUSTOMERS CARS FOR JOY RIDES! next thing i know the car is 'FINISHED', time for more money to be paid, sigh, then he starts pushing it out of the workshop?? " WTF U DOIN MAN?? " " oh didnt i tell you? there is metal in the sump, so i didnt put any oil back in it" i was just blank, got him to fill it up & limped it home. now after 3-4 months of whatever the **** was going on i dont know, the wiring ( which he was supposed to be "fixing", ended up ****ing out, there is about 4 different circuits all drawing from one 15A fuse, SOME ELECTRICIAN EH!? my car now misses on a cylinder when cold & blows smoke _ ITS ****ED!!!! NO RECIEPTS & RIPPED THE **** OFF MY CAR NOW SITS IN A SHED & I CANT EVEN BARE TO LOOK AT IT!! IT BREAKS MY HEART!!!! was this to your vl ls1 turbo?
0 likes
leb vltArchived member
Ye it was Kirk. Dan, sitting there engineless undecided wat I'm doing, gona have the motor pulled down and checked out n see if anything is salvageable or if it's scrap metal! Also found out last w/e that they'd gone up to 40thou... Why the *** would u by source a virgin bore block and go up from that? Now if the block is damaged its a bin job AGAIN! I know ur ready this it u have ur lil possy telling u wats being said! I still know ur talking **** about me behind my back! U sir are a dumb rat who's business is surely gona head down the drain soon enuf! Just stick to servicing excels cos u can't organise a built motor for **** let alone do anything else right on any1s car!
0 likes
rb25vlt8Archived member
Sorry to here this guys but what comes around goes around every Dog has its day !!!!!! Let all hope no one else gets burnt buy this scumbag
0 likes
SteveArchived member
well at least the cooler piping he helped me with is ok lol
0 likes
88 ChaserArchived member
Mo I have some engine parts here if your interested. Carillo rods done stuff all, needs pistons with 22mm pin, came out of my old engine, did a few dyno pulls before I broke it, rods are perfect. Got a balanced lightened hardened crank and girdle here too I would probably sell too. I was keeoing all this stuff to build another engine, but, well, it will probably just sit on the shelf and do nothing for years and years anyway.
0 likes
leb vltArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Steve [View Post] well at least the cooler piping he helped me with is ok lol High 5??? ---------- Post added 28-08-12 at 12:26 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by 88 Chaser [View Post] Mo I have some engine parts here if your interested. Carillo rods done stuff all, needs pistons with 22mm pin, came out of my old engine, did a few dyno pulls before I broke it, rods are perfect. Got a balanced lightened hardened crank and girdle here too I would probably sell too. I was keeoing all this stuff to build another engine, but, well, it will probably just sit on the shelf and do nothing for years and years anyway. Cheers jase, but if the motor is a bin job then I won't be putting an RB back in it! Ppl always whining that I'm not finishing a car so i pay some1 to do it and get royally ***t over! Would I be wrong to give up now? Wasted atleast 10k thru having to redo things..
0 likes
88 ChaserArchived member
Financially its smarter to give it up, sell off what you can, and if interested, buy someone elses ex project completed. However, its not even close to as rewarding as building it yourself. The night I bought my vl, it blew a headgasket, 3 weeks it took the idiot mechanic to fix the head. 3 weeks later, the fly wheel blew up, costing well over 15k to fix it. The list keeps going on and on. I should have not wasted the money on fixing it after the fly wheel blew up, but I woudnt know half the people I do if I dint have that car, most of them are very good friends now.s hard man, and its hell dis heartening, but thats performance cars, when its bad its the worst, when its good, its the best thing in the world. Good luck man, no one would judge you for giving up given the circumstances
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today28

19,565 threads, 219,873 posts and 2,395 images saved from CT

57.1% of indexed threads saved