Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Factory Morning Blue SL Turbo never modified need opinions

Started by Katsa · 19 Nov 2017 · 51 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

KatsaArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Boyracer [View Post] Would love to see a pic of the afore mentioned classic in its stock condition. Sent you an email afew days ago mate
0 likes
XEC747Archived member
I'm one for keeping it stock, purely based on the rarity factor. Just look at old Datto's, Torana's etc that are rare enough to see driving as it is let alone factory paint. Over the last few years I've seen a few cars where I've asked he owner if it has been restored to which they've replied no. This has impressed me far more than how much $$ they spent making it look factory. In the end though it is you call as it is your car but you could easily by a busted up exec, modify it and drive that but where's the fun in that.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Chris I know exactly what you should do Sell it to me
0 likes
PetrosArchived member
ill buy it too
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
It's getting painted as we speak and will stay original!! Got a roll of the black pinstripe and fresh set of badges for it, headlight protectors and turbo hubcaps, won't be modifying or selling but would trade for a modified LW5 plated Vl and cash either way
0 likes
12maneymArchived member
please put pics up when its painted, also whered you get the pinstripe from?
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by 12maneym [View Post] please put pics up when its painted, also whered you get the pinstripe from? Will do mate, found it on eBay, it's the black two stripe 2mm and 4mm pinstripe that starts on the nose cone runs along guards, doors, quarters boot and same on the other side. Plans are like I said put pinstripe on, badges, club reg and then cruise it around or swap it for something modified
0 likes
12maneymArchived member
i need the pin stripe too, hope its good quality
0 likes
trkwpnArchived member
Photos please!
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by trkwpn [View Post] Photos please! How do I post pics now that's photobucket is being a bucket?
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Tiny pic Chris Or I can load for you brother
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by deanoVLCT [View Post] Tiny pic Chris Or I can load for you brother Sweet, thanks man Side note, what's the best marker to use that will just rub of n not damage the paint? I'm going to have a crack at doing this pinstripe myself, am thinking I'll follow the body contour and just measure/mark down front the top of bootlid for the back. Same pinstripe as the everglade one your mechanic had deano!! What a car that was/is!
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Wish I bought that Everglade one now Chris Was unbelievably original Fellas here is Chris/katsas car ---------- Post added 20-04-18 at 18:50 ---------- ---------- Post added 20-04-18 at 18:51 ---------- Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
12maneymArchived member
**** yea turbo hubbies and cruise it
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
Yeah I've got hubcaps for it, just getting tyres for rims tomorrow morning
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
painted it chris? didn't keep it 2 tone?
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
Hey there Mitch, it was originally monotone so I kept it that way, I would f proffered two tone but wanted to keep it as delivered. Has any one got a Vl fuel tank for sale that is in decent condition i.e not full of rust and stuff internally? Just a standard tank not a long range
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
I got a super clean painted standard one Chris you can have Flick me a text
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Katsa [View Post] Hey there Mitch, it was originally monotone so I kept it that way, I would f proffered two tone but wanted to keep it as delivered. Has any one got a Vl fuel tank for sale that is in decent condition i.e not full of rust and stuff internally? Just a standard tank not a long range Hey Chris, I've got a normal petrol tank in my Calais currently. Which I am taking out to put in a long range. Works as it should, looks perfect externally. Its your if you want it, but I need the filler neck. PM me bro if your keen, I'm in the northern suburbs..
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by MUS [View Post] Hey Chris, I've got a normal petrol tank in my Calais currently. Which I am taking out to put in a long range. Works as it should, looks perfect externally. Its your if you want it, but I need the filler neck. PM me bro if your keen, I'm in the northern suburbs.. Thanks man reall appreciate it! I'll grab Deanos spare one mate and help him clear up some room around his garage haha, but again thanks very very much, if for whatever reason I don't grab Deanos I'll let you know. Thanks boys! Getting close to rwc now! Gotta find a car club to join next, any ideas/clubs you guys are with?
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 3 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today5

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 47 images saved from CT