Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

Borgy diff - up to the task?

Started by Morgz · 28 June 2017 · 29 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

MorgzArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by RB2GO [View Post] No comment lol PM if you end up going that way haha ok sounds good! I saw yours for sale recently, but it was a bit short for mine! ---------- Post added 04-07-17 at 13:26 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by vltrb-0 [View Post] he verbally quoted me built using "american" gear new billet axles 31 spline locked (can't remembver if minispool or full spool) $3600ish he's not a fan of the cheap indian/chinese stuff coming in Nah, I'm not a fan either, often there are flaws in the castings etc and cheaper grades of steel used. That's still $500 off the other quotes I've had done, that's really impressive!
0 likes
EVLRB30Archived member
If your pushing it that hard just go 9" after you break a couple of borgies you will end up going 9" and wishing you just did it to start with unless you plan on changing your gears every 15-20 passes
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
You can get the Harrop centre in 31 spline if you ask nicely. **** info to have now, but for anyone else playing it is certainly possible. Quote: Originally Posted by joe185i [View Post] I've built a borgy for exactly 3k with new dana spicer gears, torque lock truetrac and 28 spline custom billet axles. I went with the billet 28's because thats what that truetrac will take. I'm confident in using it for 140mph. You're weak point with your power might be the actual diff housing/tubes. You can still weld and brace the tubes. A couple of persistent borgy people I know have had success like that.
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
Yeah I think realistically once I start with diff hats, harrop centres etc.. and strengthening the tubes its going to work out the same price or more expensive than a 9". What panhard rod can you run with a 9" in a commodore?
0 likes
tzatzikiArchived member
Quick question..u guys know ur stuff. what is a good price to a remove and refit a rb30t in a vl commoodore??. Been getting quotes between $1,000-1,500. Seems a bit pricey.
0 likes
SteveArchived member
Labour, $100 an hour. Go from there...
0 likes
tzatzikiArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Steve [View Post] Labour, $100 an hour. Go from there... Ok..how many hours would it take to remove/ refit motor. Transmission is staying in car. I just dont wanna get ripped off.
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
I'd pay between 300-500 depending on work involved - ie wiring, removing exhaust etc.
0 likes
tzatzikiArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgz [View Post] I'd pay between 300-500 depending on work involved - ie wiring, removing exhaust etc. Thanks morgz..just wanted a ruff idea. Plenty of mechanics out there willing to rip people off
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
I found that on the most recent fullboost videos that there is a VN with 28 spline borgy and 416ci LSA engine with transbraked glide with 255 ET radials going a best of 9.25 and 163mph.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 3 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today5

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 47 images saved from CT