Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
30-05-17, 12:28 GMT+10#21 Quote:
Originally Posted by 1815261
[View Post]
Thanks everyone for the responses...I'm not completely held up on the monetary value of them either. I don't really ever plan on selling mine but I just thought it would be a topic of discussion as there isnt really much happening on this site lately.
Great to get the ball rolling. Well done.
Cheers
0 likes
30-05-17, 15:11 GMT+10#22 i would definitely buy a car with a police replacement vin as a daily driver or a toy but if i was going for the all original and spending big money investing in the car i would not buy one
0 likes
31-05-17, 14:19 GMT+10#23 Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlads
[View Post]
"i bought my shell for 1100"
Of course, bargains can be had however things have changed since you bought that shell. Yes they have risen too dramatically as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlads
[View Post]
"The reason people are jacking up prices is because they read this forum and think there turbo plated / bt1 are up there with walkys ,brockys, and directors"
I think maybe you are referring to Facebook. That's where I see a lot of this behaviour.
(Please note, I'm not attacking anyone's comments, I'm just trying to participate in like minded discussions with intelligent people).
Cheers,
David
0 likes
31-05-17, 20:35 GMT+10#24 Quote:
Originally Posted by calaist5
[View Post]
Of course, bargains can be had however things have changed since you bought that shell. Yes they have risen too dramatically as well.
I think maybe you are referring to Facebook. That's where I see a lot of this behaviour.
(Please note, I'm not attacking anyone's comments, I'm just trying to participate in like minded discussions with intelligent people).
Cheers,
David
I second Facebook too.... it's really accelerated in the past 2-3 years. My mate sold his lw5 mx7 Calais turbo without engine n box for 1500 about 3 year ago.
0 likes
02-06-17, 09:22 GMT+10#25 Quote:
Originally Posted by calaist5
[View Post]
Great to see comments ppl.
Definitely differing opinions (we are human)
I personally am all about originality.
I wouldn't be happy with a highly modified turbo in a n/a body (that's just me).
I wouldn't touch a police issued body number.
Bargains can be had in the right places however it is appearing that it is rare.
For SOME CARS I believe that what people advertise for and what they receive will be two different prices - you rarely hear of the sold price (sometimes hearsay).
A pet hate is seeing advertised half assed crap Na's that are rusted out, dirty cigarette burned interior and ask nearly $10g (some appear that they should be $200 wrecks).
At the moment there is two carsales LW5 cars.
One $13500 berlina (still there)
One built sl $22000 (still there)
Why, who knows.
This is fair enough because we are not going to advertise low - we expect to get haggled.
My above statements and opinions are solely my own and how I see it and may not be true.
Cheers
calaisturbo forum is back (I wish)..........
I won't hold my breath
Well put.
0 likes
02-06-17, 15:15 GMT+10#26 Thanks Vl John
Hope you and the red beast are well.
Cheers
David
0 likes
02-06-17, 15:42 GMT+10#27 VP doesn't worry me. i recently purchased a stolen recovered car. (factory vin.) but it shows it's originality and has paperwork indicating that it wasn't crashed or majorly buggered during the theft. the only sign I can see is a new ignition barrel cover.
In saying that I have a mate who picked up an HDT calais wagon with a VP number silly cheap because no-one wanted it.
if it has the firewall tags factory duco and is evidently what it is said to be fine. i.e. if its a turbo calais i'd be looking for studs on sil for calais moulds. holes in quarters and boot for moulds, 1" booster and bracket and signs brake hardlines haven't been bent.
that sort of stuff generally adds up as I haven't seen many plate jobs that take this into account.
so basically in my opinion, chassis # isn't the biggest deal if you have paperwork and evidence it's legit.
the "BT1" with no firewall plates, a respray, a custom interior and a VP number no way in hell. unless you can hit it with an orbitral sander and find the original colour and BT1 holes etc i'd steer clear.
amyway... it definately takes a hit off of the price but if it was MY car and I had say 10 - 20 years of paperwork, the tags, the broadcast sheet, photos of the build etc i'd just ask full price. anyone who saw it in person would see the truth of the matter
---------- Post added 02-06-17 at 15:51 ----------
oh boys - i purchased a lw5 ms1 executive wagon recently for 3500 requires brake bleed and windscreen. 193kw atw dyno tested modified auto. A8 block.
requires uncut doortrims, steering wheel, tape deck and some front seats. all of which i have in dad's shed.
this is a qld car and originally started out above 10g but just didn't sell.
I'm picking it up next weekend.
---------- Post added 02-06-17 at 15:54 ----------
also a mate just sold the following:
original calais
non- original turbo. bresciani high comp conversion with cooler 3" exhaust all factory gear and 10psi.
150kw atw dynoed (in warm weather i remember)
sunroof
series 2
20" 3 piece simmons
shortened diff
manualised jatco 3 speed with trans break
rust under rear screen and boot channel
minor clearcoat peel on roof (the size of a fist)
minor dent on drivers side rear wheel arch (parking dent size just in a crap area)
same owner last 12 years
$27,000
thats a converted turbo that requires paint and has an unopened a6 bottom end. I told him he would need a built engine and paint for that price but I was suprised.
I agree its hard to know what stuff sold for I wish people were more open and truthfull about it.
0 likes
02-06-17, 18:16 GMT+10#28 Mitch i love you but there's no way I'm believing that price
I'll only concede that it sold if Stevie wonder bought it
---------- Post added 02-06-17 at 17:47 ----------
Or there was a guide dog present
---------- Post added 02-06-17 at 17:47 ----------
Or it came with a gold brick in the glovebox?
0 likes
02-06-17, 18:30 GMT+10#29 Quote:
Originally Posted by deanoVLCT
[View Post]
Mitch i love you but there's no way I'm believing that price
I'll only concede that it sold if Stevie wonder bought it
---------- Post added 02-06-17 at 17:47 ----------
Or there was a guide dog present
---------- Post added 02-06-17 at 17:47 ----------
Or it came with a gold brick in the glovebox?
Hahahaha that made me legitimately laugh
Mitch great work on the wagon! How much are you going to try and on sell it for mate? Or going to hold on to her
As for the Na converted Calais for 27k unless it was a genuine low 10sec car that is way way way too much
0 likes
02-06-17, 20:59 GMT+10#30 Agreed ^^ way too much
You could buy an original Vlct and have change
0 likes
02-06-17, 21:07 GMT+10#31 I'm hunting for some more cars so if anyone knows of any LW5 plated cars hanging bout sing out!
0 likes
02-06-17, 21:16 GMT+10#32 Katsa's (Chris) number is [phone removed]
Just call or text him fellas
0 likes
03-06-17, 06:48 GMT+10#33 That's Deanos number so definitely don't text that lol
0 likes
03-06-17, 12:43 GMT+10#34 Hahahah sorry mate my bad
0 likes
03-06-17, 20:44 GMT+10#35 before you all jump into buying turbo vls as investments you know datsun 1200s are fetching 7000- 15000 lately
0 likes
04-06-17, 17:00 GMT+10#36 hey boys re 27g i typed up the reciept!
so definately sold. not sure if the owner wants to go public but yep he is the vice president of my car club and its sold. deposit taken rwc sorted should be paid in full and driven away thursday.
and i'll correct the statement. the Unregistered vehicle permit isn't included in the price it was extra haha.
look maybe its an oddball over-pay but the money is changing hands!
chris - re the turbo wagon i think i'll sell or wreck one of my non- restored ones and keep the wagon at dads farm. return to stock and use it as a daily when im up there and weather is good.
hopefully its reasonable condition when i see it in person
0 likes
04-06-17, 17:19 GMT+10#37 (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/9BDAF8C3-B947-4DC9-A93D-4639B2D5D6A7_zpsqra6wk8c.jpg.html)
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
09-06-17, 19:02 GMT+10#38 Going to start posting actual sold prices on here for us to keep track of, proven sold prices like SIrollers is.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-V...AOSw3gJZMUY a (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-VL-CALAIS-1986-SERIES-1-6-CYLINDER-MATCHING-PLATES-MANUAL-5SP-/272698523468?hash=item3f7e193f4c:g:k50AAOSw3gJZMUYa)
About to end, VL Calais Series 1 NA 6CYL, Roached out interior, rusted out rear window, rusted out front window, and also rust appearing in rear quarter, quarter million km's, $10,000.
0 likes
09-06-17, 21:01 GMT+10#39 Hahaha Stevie wonder has an eBay account too
Pressing random numbers
0 likes
11-06-17, 09:23 GMT+10#40 Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalG
[View Post]
Going to start posting actual sold prices on here for us to keep track of, proven sold prices like SIrollers is.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-V...AOSw3gJZMUY a (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-VL-CALAIS-1986-SERIES-1-6-CYLINDER-MATCHING-PLATES-MANUAL-5SP-/272698523468?hash=item3f7e193f4c:g:k50AAOSw3gJZMUYa)
About to end, VL Calais Series 1 NA 6CYL, Roached out interior, rusted out rear window, rusted out front window, and also rust appearing in rear quarter, quarter million km's, $10,000.
I've got a funny feeling your going to be editing that post cause that car will be "relisted due to time waster"
0 likes