Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Big HP intank fuel pump set up???

Started by 350stato · 22 Jan 2017 · 26 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

SteveArchived member
It will fit, but its a tight squeeze. I was going to run the 460, but am getting a custom baffled tank made instead
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
Ive got a 460 going in my VS tank as a lift pump which is the same as a VL tank basically
0 likes
Camel-wgnArchived member
Cheers boys might give the 460 a go then. I only plan on 98 tune to begin with but good investment for the future if i ever go take the corn juice path. Whats the opinion on standard fuel lines and e85, what hp will it flow? Any issues with regs controlling pressure accurately with standard size return lines?
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
Ditch em, -8 or -10 is the go. I went -10 feed, then split that into 2x-8 to each rail then single -8 return. The standard lines on the VL would be -6 size yeah? they're pretty small, and from memory the VS V8 ones were bigger and even they were quite small.
0 likes
Camel-wgnArchived member
Yeah I'm sure they are -6. Dont think I will have quite the flow requirements as your build but maybe run 1x extra line possibly dash 8 then use the 2 current lines as feed lines to each end of the rail.
0 likes
VL400Archived member
Stock lines are 5/16 or -5, a 3/8 line is -6. Can flare the stock line with a tube nut and fit a -5 to -6 union so you can actually get fittings for them.
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
I wouldnt use a -6 to feed a 900hp engine.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today47

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 357 images saved from CT