Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Discussion of price for non genuine vlt

Started by dougall83 · 14 Feb 2016 · 27 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

MorgzArchived member
I dunno mate, your single cam builds must be bloody expensive lol.
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgz [View Post] I dunno mate, your single cam builds must be bloody expensive lol. Where do ya stop I guess Morgz hahaha ---------- Post added 17-02-16 at 18:17 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by deanoVLCT [View Post] Dougs I look at it this way, if someone ricked up with 20k cash would you sell? What about 25k cash? I'm Building a mint replica Walky soon dougs so get ready to swap mate lol 25k would b hard to knock back honestly but I'd want a replacement pretty quick Yeah bro a v8 walky replica with sheel trim lol a/c all the good stuff wouldn't even have to b fast just a mint cruiser
0 likes
MR VL BT1Archived member
Surely you aren't considering it man, but I'd bet u would swap it for a bt1???
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by MR VL BT1 [View Post] Surely you aren't considering it man, but I'd bet u would swap it for a bt1??? Haha na eithan not at this point in time mate just got hit up and was curious what it was worth lol and yeah a genuine asbynth would b hard haha na motor is coming out and get the bay smooth and painted ready for powercruise in September again maybe a new turbo and some nice polish work in bay
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
Yeah I thought I stopped when my car was reliable, quite fast and generally neat. But then it span a bearing and now it's getting some paint touch ups done, and a bit more work done to the bottom end. At the end of the day though, a twin cam engine works because it revs.. the harder they rev, the more stress they place on pumps and bearings. I'm only revving mine to 7200 - it'll do it all day every day and its been a fantastic engine. I mean I'm running a small tx2, a GT35 and absolutely standard head and valves and the thing runs 140+mph. I'm putting mine back on pump for some cruising and then it'll be up for sale.
0 likes
XXCHASAArchived member
looks mint with the ET's on polished calais rims
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by XXCHASA [View Post] looks mint with the ET's on polished calais rims Cheers bud, A few more pics in sun with gold flake so u can see full effect (https://imageshack.com/i/plT11dYBp) ---------- Post added 20-02-16 at 16:06 ---------- (https://imageshack.com/i/poHLjpobp) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
ido09sArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgz [View Post] I dunno mate, your single cam builds must be bloody expensive lol. I don't like building grenades mate. We have had this engine in the car for 10 years and its started off making 400rwkw back then, now close enough to 500rwkw with more to come once the head studs are done Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today91

7,519 threads, 49,751 posts and 725 images saved from CT

22.0% of indexed threads saved