Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

calaisturbo.com.au is 15 years old today

Started by Sin · 14 Sept 2015 · 31 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

bar0034Archived member
Hahaha KALAY when I was at school 7 years ago I was the only person that used calaisturbo, and it ended up being blocked I used it that much! I didn't reliese calaisturbo was 15 years old!
0 likes
stealthArchived member
This place was a huge social gathering a few years ago, it was bigger than facebook! Good to see it's still going ok.
0 likes
philbyArchived member
Far out I didn't realise it has been around for that long!
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
i thought i'd replied here? well i still check in and throw my 2c in here and there. build threads are the bomb and truthfully build threads belong on a forum not on facebook. it seems the only bloke still trying to sell on CT is that mrvkclaais guy whos always selling questionable back of a van stuff. here here to CT. still meet embers from here and tell them i'm siroller with the red wagon and they go oh **** im so and so wth this or that. I think theres a lot of lurkers still.
0 likes
SteffArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by SIroller [View Post] i thought i'd replied here? well i still check in and throw my 2c in here and there. build threads are the bomb and truthfully build threads belong on a forum not on facebook. it seems the only bloke still trying to sell on CT is that mrvkclaais guy whos always selling questionable back of a van stuff. here here to CT. still meet embers from here and tell them i'm siroller with the red wagon and they go oh **** im so and so wth this or that. I think theres a lot of lurkers still. Mitch have your fix. Mazdabate over this. Lol :-P https://www.carsales.com.au/private/...SSE-AD-3509781 (https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Holden-Commodore-1987/SSE-AD-3509781)
0 likes
fleasArchived member
I still sell here as well
0 likes
KylieArchived member
In that time, I've had 3 VLs and I've still got the third. It's great to see that the forum is still running. I asked SirGeo a few months ago if there were any plans to shut the forum down. He said "Never!". I hope he was serious.
0 likes
fleasArchived member
So is facebook the go for selling VL stuff these days???? It's not that great, if not more dodgy
0 likes
SwadzArchived member
Happy Birthday CT! This site has been a fantastic resource for all vl enthusiasts. Wish it was as big as it used to be before Facebook and other social media sites have seemed to replaced it. People need to use CT more, so over seeing annoying and ill-informed people using Facebook and asking already answered questions that have been covered on Calais turbo countless times. And also it seems people are asking astronomical money for parts these days, making money of one another isn't how it should be!
0 likes
KylieArchived member
I've never used Facebook to buy anything. The last time I sold anything VL related, I listed it on eBay and on the forum and ended up selling it through the forum.
0 likes
fleasArchived member
Yeah, I hear what you're saying Kylie. Too many dreamers on facebook Wouldn't look past this site for buying stuff.
0 likes
AnthoArchived member
I sold a couple things through facebook, so many tools but there is a fair share of them everywhere. Had dramas on here as well as gumtree and facebook.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 227 images saved from CT