Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

tyre / et street size ???

Started by adam79 · 5 Apr 2015 · 28 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

3lturboArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by adam79 [View Post] I thought monaros ran a 15x4 hence the name space saver. I also thought they were rated at 80 kph and can be use on a track Yes and yes. However the reason why you'll see some people running space savers (though not that common now due to the cheaper prices of drag wheels) is due to them being strong enough when going in a straight line. It's when they're corning that they are under stress and likely to crack.
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
235 ET worked 'ok', went 10.4 at 140mph with 1.8 60ft. Could only use around 5psi off the line. I think next time I would use 14psi in them instead of 18.
0 likes
ido09sArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgz [View Post] 235 ET worked 'ok', went 10.4 at 140mph with 1.8 60ft. Could only use around 5psi off the line. I think next time I would use 14psi in them instead of 18. Is this at Calder? surprised they haven't booted you or do you already have a cage and a chute? Nice time by the way How much power did it take you to run those numbers? Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
At Heathcote, they give my chair a wiggle, my fuel cell and my battery then gave me the all clear That was 600rwhp, full weight (full exhaust, leather interior etc) as I drive it on the street. Still got more mph in it, as I didn't hit the limiter. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
ido09sArchived member
if only Sydney was like that. and I am guessing 600 through an auto? I make 650hp (485rwkw) through a manual and run 138 all day, just cant get it to hook up. Its not in a VL though, its in an S14a 200SX
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
yeah 600 through a glide, 5200 stall. Yeah I need a bigger tire to use more boost, I think if I saw a 1.5 or 1.4 60ft then I should run a good 9.8-9.7 which is fast enough hahaha. I didn't break anything either which is good!
0 likes
tzatzikiArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by ido09s [View Post] if only Sydney was like that. and I am guessing 600 through an auto? I make 650hp (485rwkw) through a manual and run 138 all day, just cant get it to hook up. Its not in a VL though, its in an S14a 200SX thats crazy power for a a 4 banger SR20!! well done Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
brabusArchived member
I've seen people run mt 275's under vl guards not sure how but seems to work
0 likes
Jet R31Archived member
^you can..but car has to run high, apparently you have to shift shock mount in 1 inch aswell maybe or it helps. will probally rub still, so not much good carrying passengers Probally not much point as you can get the 255 in the pro compound now anyway in the et street r range cheers darren
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 5 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today46

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 351 images saved from CT