Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Meets & events
Meets & events

CTWA - Official LS Thread

Started by EVL · 26 Mar 2015 · 64 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

SteveArchived member
Mine will be Fly By Wire
0 likes
RED1M8Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by VLWAGONIT [View Post] What throttle cable has everyone used? or has everyone gone fly by wire? One of the only things I haven't sorted for mine Have heard of guys using VT-VX LS1 exec (non cruise control) throttle cable, not easy to track down from wreckers though.
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by RED1M8 [View Post] Have heard of guys using VT-VX LS1 exec (non cruise control) throttle cable, not easy to track down from wreckers though. Yeah thats what I was thinking of using. Haven't been able to find one anywhere though. what is the difference between the cruise/non cruise control ones? cheers
0 likes
Xibit0rArchived member
Mates one in Collie uses one of the "EFI Conversion" ones Jack I the same one (but Torana version). Pretty decent and easy to mod to suit. All the mods are done pedal side.
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
got a link for them? I cant seem to find them. cheers
0 likes
RED1M8Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by VLWAGONIT [View Post] Yeah thats what I was thinking of using. Haven't been able to find one anywhere though. what is the difference between the cruise/non cruise control ones? cheers Extra cable for the cruise control, kind of two cables into one.
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
Found one on ebay for $85ish. will give it a shot
0 likes
EVLArchived member
Just got hold of the speedo cable driver so i can keep factory VL dash with a t56. Anyone else running one of these?
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
where did you get it from? Im still looking for a solution to this for mine ---------- Post added 14-05-15 at 21:08 ---------- soooooo..... who knows a reasonably priced place to get a T56 rebuilt? Mine wouldn't shift out of 4th today on the way home and then would only shift between 4th and neutral. Going to have another go at it tomorrow but its not looking good :/
0 likes
caibsArchived member
Jack I was chatting to a dude who was asking 600 for one. I don't know him personally but can pass on his number if you want. He was also asking 2500 for a ls2. Relatively cheap I suppose.
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
Yeah send me his number. pretty sure somthing has just come loose in the box and thats why it wont shift. been quoted $360 to fix it provided nothing is ****ed
0 likes
SketchVLArchived member
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
Thats porn!!
0 likes
TheChadArchived member
This site needs a like button. that's sexy
0 likes
PsychotikArchived member
****, that is sexy as man..
0 likes
EVLArchived member
nice one!
0 likes
EVLArchived member
Where are you all up to? I'm sick of fb perth VL i miss this place
0 likes
SteveArchived member
Well man, I'm just taking my time Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
EVLArchived member
haha where is your build thread steven, lead by example and fill us in on your progress
0 likes
SteveArchived member
Well Christopher, when something happens, I'll fill you in. But after 6135 days of my VL doing nothing, it left my house to go to the workshop to proceed with fitment of LS motor. So far, whilst at workshop, it has gained a layer of dust so heavy, it has caused the 2 front tyres to go dead flat. <------- The last time I drove it, was so the girl in my Avatar could wash it
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today31

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 217 images saved from CT