Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
19-01-15, 21:01 GMT+10#21 Looked like a great turn out spewing I was working and missed it. As for the tyre torching part of the cruise, do what you need to do at your own risk and try to keep it away from from bad publicity like posting it on social media. If I was a cop I would wait for the next VL only meet and ass rape everyone with a modified VL. I wouldn't want that and most other VL owners wouldn't either' so just put up pix of the cars and not the burnouts. Just saying, be careful.
0 likes
19-01-15, 21:26 GMT+10#22 Hit the nail on the head pal!!
0 likes
19-01-15, 22:27 GMT+10#23 Quote:
Originally Posted by BigM22
[View Post]
Life of Bez on facebook is his page, pretty sure he's put up a few photos
dont have facebook man :P
0 likes
20-01-15, 07:20 GMT+10#24 I think the number of cars at the cruise is reflective of the popularity of the scene. It's well and truely alive, but the forum has gone down hill because we basically know everything now lol
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
20-01-15, 07:55 GMT+10#25 Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgz
[View Post]
I think the number of cars at the cruise is reflective of the popularity of the scene. It's well and truely alive, but the forum has gone down hill because we basically know everything now lol
haha true....
I rekon this forum has more information than all the workshop manuals out there.... I used info from it so much over the last 2 years working on mine.
And yea, burnouts are pretty cool... no one can deny it... but after getting raped just a few months back (defect) i thought, nah.... i might just make a quiet exit from the other end now... It was still a rather well behaved event compared with those old night cruises with MelbCCR and that crowd back in the early 2000's
What amazed me, was the number of high Hp cars there, their engine bays were show quality, but there were so many things that weren't legit, like huge turbos, plenums, AFR's etc. i guess maybe those people dont use them as daily's and just are willing to take the risk when taking them out...
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
20-01-15, 08:36 GMT+10#26 Hahaha shame but, so much easier to use and find things then facebook
0 likes
20-01-15, 09:06 GMT+10#27 you know what would be cool...
If someone was able to get a 3D printer or was handy with making silicone moulds to make all the little bits and pieces of VL's that break and cant easily find new or reproduced ones....
Ive thought about doing a mould of a trim, then pouring resin or somthing in to make a complete trim set, but it fell into the cbf basket..
I rekon if anyone was able to make the outer door trim peices they would sell heaps on this forum.
0 likes
20-01-15, 10:56 GMT+10#28 Guys I ran the cruise on Sunday with wld bt1 help first of all what a turn out 85 to 90 Vl rolled up the cruise from north subs to the ring road McDonald then port melb was mad as hope you guys enjoyed the cruise wld bt1 will be posting pics up soon I got a few as well will put up
0 likes
20-01-15, 15:47 GMT+10#29 Best Car there was HWYF18 Loved that thing!
0 likes
20-01-15, 16:52 GMT+10#30 I rekon those 2x burgundy berlina's with FR's looked pretty clean
0 likes
20-01-15, 19:26 GMT+10#31 It was good to see the amount of cars that turned up, the vl scene is still well and truly alive, can't recall ever seeing that many vl's at the one cruise!
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
21-01-15, 10:56 GMT+10#33 was a good cruise and meet but next time i think there needs to be a longer cruise from stopping point to stopping point
0 likes
21-01-15, 13:38 GMT+10#34 I went on one to Geelong once, was pretty good, or what about a Franga or Rosebud one... along the beach the whole way... Mt Martha could be interesting tho...
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
22-01-15, 07:46 GMT+10#36 Eastern Beach in Geelong would be good
0 likes