Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

DIY Bt1 build

Started by deanoVLCT · 11 Jan 2015 · 138 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo (partial recovery). Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

deanoVLCTArchived member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422265523.951064.jpg (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/attachment.php?s=1c5c3e9538dd1ee7cd4a7c20f4466038&attachmentid=63650&d=1422265528) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422265602.960716.jpg (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/attachment.php?s=1c5c3e9538dd1ee7cd4a7c20f4466038&attachmentid=63651&d=1422265609) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422265623.166930.jpg (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/attachment.php?s=1c5c3e9538dd1ee7cd4a7c20f4466038&attachmentid=63652&d=1422265630) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422265644.554621.jpg (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/attachment.php?s=1c5c3e9538dd1ee7cd4a7c20f4466038&attachmentid=63653&d=1422265650) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422265659.245178.jpg (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/attachment.php?s=1c5c3e9538dd1ee7cd4a7c20f4466038&attachmentid=63654&d=1422265665)
0 likes
BigM22Archived member
Lots done for only three hours! Haha I see you left the side moulds, that's when the real "fun" starts. Good work so far!
0 likes
priceysVLArchived member
Plenty of time for Australia Day beers after 12
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
that really is a great shell. it'll be a good buy for the end owner seeing this build thread. doesn't look like any evidence of bangs at all.
0 likes
350statoArchived member
Nice clean base, be keen to see this happening
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Cheers fellas, I spent a quick 10am till 12 today so only 2 hours but I got all the door moulds off and and the inside door trims off aswell! I started the door moulds with a 3 inch paint scrapper and I was going no where and nearly booted the car until I started hitting the glue harder with a hammer and it worked a treat! Found some interesting writing on the inside of the door trim, they look like they have never been off the car! I'm thinking next step is to buy the engine out, prep it, paint it, then drop turbo engine in?
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422784176.040934.jpg (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/attachment.php?s=6f65ed64be7e01d74cc2362e4ba25aed&attachmentid=63675&d=1422784182) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422784193.906412.jpg (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/attachment.php?s=6f65ed64be7e01d74cc2362e4ba25aed&attachmentid=63676&d=1422784198) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422784209.743704.jpg (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/attachment.php?s=6f65ed64be7e01d74cc2362e4ba25aed&attachmentid=63677&d=1422784214) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422784234.442357.jpg (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/attachment.php?s=6f65ed64be7e01d74cc2362e4ba25aed&attachmentid=63678&d=1422784240) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422784256.056910.jpg (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/attachment.php?s=6f65ed64be7e01d74cc2362e4ba25aed&attachmentid=63679&d=1422784262) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422784273.341629.jpg (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/attachment.php?s=6f65ed64be7e01d74cc2362e4ba25aed&attachmentid=63680&d=1422784280)
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
.....
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422785143.605625.jpg (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/attachment.php?s=6f65ed64be7e01d74cc2362e4ba25aed&attachmentid=63686&d=1422785149) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422785167.075854.jpg (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/attachment.php?s=6f65ed64be7e01d74cc2362e4ba25aed&attachmentid=63687&d=1422785173) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422785187.343317.jpg (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/attachment.php?s=6f65ed64be7e01d74cc2362e4ba25aed&attachmentid=63688&d=1422785192)
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
On Sunday we spent another 2 hours or so just ripping stuff apart in the engine bay, wasn't too bad but the more we do the more we realise how much work we have to do and are in we too deep lol just gotta disconnect a few more wires, AC and tranny then it's ready to be lifted out!! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423443156.920703.jpg (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/attachment.php?s=6f65ed64be7e01d74cc2362e4ba25aed&attachmentid=63743&d=1423443164)ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423443176.964313.jpg (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/attachment.php?s=6f65ed64be7e01d74cc2362e4ba25aed&attachmentid=63744&d=1423443183)ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423443202.137585.jpg (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/attachment.php?s=6f65ed64be7e01d74cc2362e4ba25aed&attachmentid=63745&d=1423443209)
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
lol I can't believe how long you've been around and still can't upload a photo you turkey.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Lol duke, I used to use photo bucket but now I use tapatalk, I got no idea what it's doing, but it's pissing me off
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Lol you jive turkey man I can't wait to bring my vl home and tear it to peices lol. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
getting there. pulling an engine out is easy. pulling it out while trying to remember where everything goes and without cutting or losing anything is much harder.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Yesterday I removed all bay wiring, all AC components and undid engine mount bolts, all that's left is the bloody bottom starter motor bolt and unbolting auto from engine then can lift her out! So much work involved, hats off too beaters/painters/mechanics!
0 likes
SteffArchived member
Hats off to you Deano! Top stuff bud. Anymore updates?
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Gday Steff, ain't looked at it in over a month! Engine is ready to be lifted out but I got stuff all time at the moment, me mate Ben had ankle operation, I just sold my house, footy just started Saturdays, nine month old kid lol I'm actually asking around now for a backyarder painter to fastrack the progress but having no luck! I don't mind spraying it myself just gotta find the time but I dead set cannot be stuffed rubbing it back, if inly I could just spray it! I'll fix up all the pics in next few days!!
0 likes
SteffArchived member
Mad! Had a look a little further into that course. $693. Dont think i can be stuffed doin it. Get some motivation in ya and get a move on bloke! Lol
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
$693 seems ok! One night a week? How many hours? 10 weeks? Where abouts?
0 likes
SteffArchived member
Docklands, 1 night a week for 8weeks i think it was.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today47

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 355 images saved from CT