Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

The VL Sleeper effect, MK III

Started by 350stato · 26 May 2014 · 140 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

BigM22Archived member
Bloody hell your panel beater is a legend, getting right into it straight away!
0 likes
350statoArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by BigM22 [View Post] Bloody hell your panel beater is a legend, getting right into it straight away! Mate, These guys are bloody awesome, They are mates, and are dead set into it I got sent these to my phone late last night, absolutely blown away, seriously was not expecting to see that!!!!! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
BigM22Archived member
Fastest build ever lol
0 likes
350statoArchived member
Couple more, Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
Wow gent thru it qik mate
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Very well done Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
350statoArchived member
Thanks Guy's, The car is now blocked back and ready for paint next weekend... Also found the number plate I bought for it 12 months ago This number plate was bought with the matching set for my other car (which is the car this build was sidelined for), so it makes sense to anyone who know's me lol Hence the plate... Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
350statoArchived member
Well I have gotten some more pics, first bit of colour on, Painter has done the under side of the bonnet and the boot, This was not even part of the deal but being the pedantic bugger that he is, he said it should be done and will look better, and at no extra cost, makes me feel guilty.... He also mentioned that he was doing a "bit extra" for me, I figured it was the underside of the boot and bonnet, apparently it was not...... I got this picture today!!! NOW I feel super guilty as he said he won't take any extra money for this, was meant to be a closed door paint job, he has taken the bloody door's off so he can paint it "properly" !!!!!!! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
SilverCalArchived member
Looking good man, gunna be sweet with fresh paint!
0 likes
MUSArchived member
That s14 is nuts!
0 likes
350statoArchived member
Thanks guy's, The motor in the S14 was originally going to go into this VL, but couldnt bring myself to do an RB25 & manual in the VL so I bought the S14, I won't fill this site with sh!t about a Nissan, Anybody interested, This is the build for the S14: http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/show...-Kouki-project (http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/showthread.php?56689-My-RB-S14-Kouki-project) Anyway, back on subject, Needless to say, I was absolutly stoked to see these last few pics come through last night!!! I'll just leave these here, Car is ready to be picked up later today!!! More soon...... Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
That colour looks real nice
0 likes
BigM22Archived member
Everyone getting a respray envies you lol In this time at a normal shop Id imagine the car would still be sitting there untouched hahaha Looking very good though, I bet you'd be stoked with the turnaround!
0 likes
350statoArchived member
Ha ha, Thanks, Yeah I have the fact that it is a mate doing the job on my side, and he is a picky bugger, which is good for me, him, not so much lol, The fact it was supposed to be a closed door respray and he's just gone all out blow's me away, I'm so glad I went with keeping the original colour, I do really like it, 1 more he sent me a while ago, will be off to get it in a couple hours.... ---------- Post added 08-02-15 at 21:10 ---------- So the VL is done, picked up and put in it's hole untill next weekend when it'll get a buff, looks so bloody good in the sun, super happy with it and very glad I went with the original White Gold Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
priceysVLArchived member
Can't wait to see the whole thing reassembled mate. My first vl was this colour, bringing back the memories haha
0 likes
350statoArchived member
So a week later for it to settle in the shed, It got a buff over the weekend, pretty bloody happy with the result, Looks as good as I could ever hope for.. Jake (the painter) doing his thing.. Rolled out for the final clean.... I have a feeling I'm going to spend a lot of time in here.... Hopefully the front and rear screen's will be in this week, bars etc done next week, Will get the strips put back on some time in there to hopefully,..... It's all going on soon..... Although my other 2 car's both have broken gearbox's so a lot to do in between building this one... Also picked this up for the gearbox, B&M deep pan for the C4 more soon..... Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
R u goin asteroid bumpers or mx? Even tho I seem to dislike gold the gold of urs is sexy and from the pics it looks it's come out real nice too,
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Mint, I wish jake was my mate!
0 likes
350statoArchived member
Thanks guys, Bumper's will be MX grey, as per factory, The car is all about looking as factory as I can, hence strip's etc all going back on, I was never a fan of the Gold either, When looking to buy a car I wanted either White or Maranello Red, but something drew me to it and the more I look at it the more I like it, although of the Gold's, the White Gold always has been the one I liked, I actually thought this car was Platinum Gold when I bought it as it had faded to near that..
0 likes
350statoArchived member
Also need to make a start on this thing, those horrible yellow covers are gone! got some GTE covers of a mate, will start doing the rod bolts, head gasket and head studs soon to prep it up for fitting into the car, still unsure how to paint this thing up Will retain the GE front cover and hack it up to make it fit with the GTE covers Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 10 guests active in the last 15 minutes

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 47 images saved from CT