Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

1987 VL Executive

Started by Psychotik · 15 Mar 2014 · 70 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

PsychotikArchived member
Okay then.. Good luck finding me haha. ---------- Post added 25-03-14 at 23:25 ---------- Quick update: I have decided on the final exterior modifications and fixes for the foreseeable future. - Paint the car a diamond white over MX Grey Bars. - remove the rust on the pursuit rims and paint them gloss black, put the chrome dress rings on (To Boyracers disappointment) and get the caps and paint them the same black, also getting chrome bolts to compliment the dress rings ( Like PROVLT's ) - Buy some venetians and put em on - Fix the rear lights as they're both different - Detail the interior a little more than I did the other day - Make the engine bay more presentable - Remove rust before painting - Buy tyres for the rims - Lower on king spring super lows - Restore current badges or purchase other 'newer' ones - Fix some minor interior issues (very small list and very minor)
0 likes
SteveArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Psychotik [View Post] I want my car to look different. PROVLT, looks quite amazing with rims like that. I am doing it anyway. PROVLT was running 16" BMW rims, thats why they look better Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
PsychotikArchived member
Ah, fair enough Steve. Still black pursuit rims, with the chrome bolts, and the chrome dress rings, would look nice! Does anyone know someone who has done it before, would love to have a look at it, before I proceed.
0 likes
CYNICLArchived member
Seen a VL Berlina on the net with the plate Bennys or B3nnys and I think it had them. Personally wasn't a fan. Try searching that on google images or something. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
PsychotikArchived member
Oh this one? Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
SteveArchived member
They dont look too bad. It's your car, do what you want...
0 likes
PsychotikArchived member
Hmm, I have reconsidered the "Black" rims, because they look bad. I didn't realise that PROVLT was running the BMW rims, rather than the pursuit rims. Probably going to paint them silver, but I'll see. In the meantime, I have found someone who is selling silver wheel caps and nuts for 40$, considering buying them unless someone else knows of someone selling them cheaper. If you do PM me! ---------- Post added 31-03-14 at 20:15 ---------- Quick statement/question. Thinking of putting a walkishaw bodykit on it eventually, thoughts? or should I keep it nice and executive stock. ---------- Post added 31-03-14 at 23:35 ---------- Scratch that. Not doing walkinshaw. Will buy another VL for that, if I pursue that.
0 likes
PsychotikArchived member
I know its my car and all, but I need some opinions for rims. A. Black Pursuit rims, with Chrome trim, Chrome Bolts, Black centercap B. Black Pursuit rims, with Chrome trim, Chrome bolts, Chrome Centercap C. Silver Pursuit rims, with Chrome trim, Chrome bolts, Chrome Centercap D. Silver Pursuit rims, with Chrome centercaps and chrome bolts, no trim.
0 likes
BigM22Archived member
D. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
PsychotikArchived member
Hmm, fair enough. Is this because yours has em anyway, I'll try both. I have a spare pursuit rim on atm, so ill put the rings and **** on it see how it looks and decide then, haha. The rims I have now (the rusted stockies) are sorta black, so could test on them too, just to get an idea. Although I do like them all, hence why I am having such a hard time choosing D: Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
BigM22Archived member
Yeah pretty much haha
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Psychotik [View Post] What is wrong with the chrome dress rings? And I wish to make my car stand out and different, rather than the generic VL with them silver pursuities. Please explain as to why they would look bad, etc. Interceptors or "pursuit rims" as you call them are standard issue. So how is that different? Mate if you want to be different from every other VL, don't use stockies lol. Most VLs have them, there is NO different look with stockies unless your painting them a obscene color.. Other then that, do what your heart desires. After all, you are driving it. I like the black stock rims with chrome dress rings.
0 likes
PsychotikArchived member
I realise that mate, ,my statement was in regards to the rims themselves. I am 16 I don't have copious amounts of money to be spending on rims... Can you show me a car with Black stockies please with the rings etc, no luck on the net for some reason... ---------- Post added 04-04-14 at 21:33 ---------- Painting rims this weekend, pictures to come soon. FYI I am doing silver.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
16........ Yeah. Good luck! Money will come later on in life lol. Sorry about the huge pics, not exactly chrome dress rings but close enough. My fav non turbo vl, yours can look like this! Here's a link to the thread, http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=222523 Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
PsychotikArchived member
Looks the goods, but them chrome things... around the edge of the rim look hideous; way too skinny in my opinion, may look like 10x better with the chrome dress rings. Once again MUS thanks for mindf*cking me again, and making me reconsider, for the like 10th time haha. So hard to choose tbh.
0 likes
AnthoArchived member
Whatever you decide when you respray make sure you spray around the windows black like the Berlina / Calais
0 likes
PsychotikArchived member
Why's that, what's wrong with the chrome haha.
0 likes
priceysVLArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Psychotik [View Post] Why's that, what's wrong with the chrome haha. He's not talking about the chrome strips just the window surrounds
0 likes
PsychotikArchived member
Oh okay then, I see what he means haha, bit of confusion. My bad. Cheers pricey.
0 likes
BigM22Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Antho [View Post] Whatever you decide when you respray make sure you spray around the windows black like the Berlina / Calais Why? SL spec ftw!
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today100

8,981 threads, 62,105 posts and 788 images saved from CT

26.2% of indexed threads saved