Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Meets & events
Meets & events

Is this VL Worth it?

Started by Psychotik · 27 Feb 2014 · 24 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo (partial recovery). Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

rb25vlt8Archived member
Also I'm not 100% sure if this is deton8 old car I think it was also missing the vin plates when her brought the car
0 likes
PsychotikArchived member
Can you guys just work on finding me a good one? Because I don't have a lot of time for restoration at the moment therefore need one in good nic that needs no work. Cheers oh and needs to be <3000 or an amount I can bring down to 3000.
0 likes
inkArchived member
Honestly, most VL's will need work, they're 25 years old nearly. Save more cash and buy a performance VL that's had bulk cash thrown at it or buy a newer car. Guaranteed you'll buy a cheap one and you'll be fixing the AFM, CAS etc etc
0 likes
PsychotikArchived member
Eh. I found one that has 10,000kms on motor 75000kms gearbox and 125000kms on body. So I am buying that one most likely.
0 likes
chief355Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Demented [View Post] Eh. I found one that has 10,000kms on motor 75000kms gearbox and 125000kms on body. So I am buying that one most likely. It would be very unlikely for a standard car with low Kays to have a different gearbox and motor. Good chance you can replace the the digit 1 with a 3 on the Kays.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today100

8,981 threads, 62,105 posts and 788 images saved from CT

26.2% of indexed threads saved