Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

The Red Rocket

Started by Chaz_007 · 3 Jan 2014 · 36 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo (partial recovery). Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

Chaz_007Archived member
A few updates for you guys. At the start of the project, I brought a new 2 piece moulded carpet from an Australian manufacturer. I spent a full day fitting it, adjusting it and at the end of the day I was far from happy with the fit. It was far to baggy around the trans tunnel. I managed to find a reasonable genuine GMH secondhand grey carpet. Fits like a glove! This finally allowed me to fit the rest of the interior on Saturday. Sunday was an early start. I managed to get the front and rear of the car back together, including my brand new plates. I still need to tweak the fitment of the bars and trims a little bit but I'm reasonably happy with were its at now. I hope you all enjoy the pictures. Cheers Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
love this thing coming along nice mate!
0 likes
SHIZNTArchived member
Nice work! Will be sure to keep an eye out for it around the area Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
I probably said it before but that trim is porn.
0 likes
Chaz_007Archived member
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm hoping to have it on the road by the start of May. Cheers Ben
0 likes
Chaz_007Archived member
Righto trendsetters, I'll let the pictures do the talking! I also picked up a Devonish interior out of a VS during the week for well under $500. I have 2.5m of grey Berlina material, just trying to decide wether to get the fronts trimmed up, or sell them and wait for some scheels. Cheers Ben Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
3lturboArchived member
Looks cool man, good work. Like the colour too lol!
0 likes
CYNICLArchived member
11/10
0 likes
Chaz_007Archived member
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I've just been enjoying this thing, fixing a few little problems and cruising it on Sundays. I stumbled across some wheels for sale that I have wanted for a long time at a price I couldn't refuse. Not sure on the colour yet. Cheers Ben Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
3lturboArchived member
White looks nice, maybe just get them sprayed the same colour as the venetians.
0 likes
350statoArchived member
Wow, That's come up nice, good work, Walkie wheels are cool,
0 likes
Chaz_007Archived member
Thanks for all the nice comments guys!. I've just been fixing a few niggling problems up and taking it on the occasional Sunday drive. The intercooler that I had fitted was annoying me, as it looked untidy. I came across a 600x230x76mm cooler at the right price!. Here are the results Cheers Ben Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
priceysVLArchived member
I think it looks way better with the smaller cooler mate. More subtle. Didn't mine it on the vt gts wheels either.
0 likes
Chaz_007Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by priceysVL [View Post] I think it looks way better with the smaller cooler mate. More subtle. Didn't mine it on the vt gts wheels either. Thanks for the feedback. The car sits on the VT GTS wheels currently and you can actually see the Walky wheels stacked up in the corner of the top photo. Cheers
0 likes
CYNICLArchived member
Wheels look familiar.... I think I've seen them somewhere before Colour match them red!!! (the walkies) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
doctordanArchived member
Looking great!
0 likes
MUSArchived member
It's come along way, I personally think the white walkies don't look to hot, if they were silver with a polished lip different story! Looks great mate. GTS wheels look sweet aswell.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today39

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 273 images saved from CT