Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Turbo 400 vs Powerglide

Started by VlTurboM8 · 21 Dec 2013 · 24 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

PSIWPN NZArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by GMHVN [View Post] has anyone put a th350 behind a rb? Pros and cons? if any... I have one behind my rb30 wasnt to hard to make it fit. Easy to drive on the road and does what i need it to do although im not running big power its gotten me to a 10 so far.
0 likes
vl4skidsArchived member
I agree with progmh 110%, everyone's always got something to say about a Powerglide until they go in a car with one and realize how street able they actually are. I forever seem to say my vl has a glide and 5500 converter in it and its very drive able
0 likes
chunksArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by mkd.jet [View Post] I got it from the States Neal transmissions and I got GZM AUTOMOTIVE to put it in I've got a 4800rpm convertor and it feels tighter then my 3500 that I had in my jatco How much did it cost you landed? Did you have to pay any import tax or whatever?
0 likes
dinchArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by RB-GEM [View Post] A turbo 400 is probably the most robust transmission you can have built for your car that's why alot of the burnout guys use them . They suck alot more power than a glide and are alot heavier . Their ratios are nothing special . If you want a light trans , that's a 3 sp with good ratios and can take a transbrake then considered a C4 . It's all good to say you've got a trans that can take a 1000hp but are you ever gonna need that ? I don't know if any of you know him but Porka was running a C4 in his vl and that was running 8.3s . Don't know if he's changed it , haven't spoken to him in a while . They done alot of development on that c4 with al from ALS race glides to do what it does, it's not just an off the shelf item
0 likes
RB-GEMArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by dinch [View Post] They done alot of development on that c4 with al from ALS race glides to do what it does, it's not just an off the shelf item Nothing is off the shelf when it comes to these things .
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 6 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today82

6,402 threads, 42,765 posts and 629 images saved from CT

18.7% of indexed threads saved