Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

BRAND NEW R33 Gearbox! Worth it??

Started by 5LEEPR · 23 Oct 2013 · 24 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo (partial recovery). Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

TurismoArchived member
Cheers Steve If that is the case and I confirm it will fail on the housing I'll buy an r33 skyline clutch kit. The blocks are the same and the r33s put out around 180 kw. Can't see it being an issue. Cheers
0 likes
xAsh-Archived member
Alot of people For, and Against aftermarket gearsets... Depends on your use Probably not worth it for drag racing, as you'll be blowing up something, whether its gears or selector forks or synchros, may as well buy 10 second hand boxes than get a PPG or PAR built. TEMPER had an expensive box built by PPG i believe and ended up back with standard GTST boxes.. Bit different for circuit, Chaser_88 is the best to talk to about that, he's had some good/bad experiences with both brands
0 likes
Jet R31Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Noir [View Post] Try drift sales on Fb. You've got it good over east! Plenty of people smashing skylines and selling wrecks. WA....yeah we still get them but not as often and there dearer I've found. I've seen them cheap cheap over there...a few almost cheap enough to make me wish I was back there... Till I remember how welcoming the cops are in relation to modified cars..... I'm on the final MX for mine... Once this goes bang I'm converting to a built r33 box. On a different note......has a 6 speed behind an RB been done well by anyone yet? What's the go with ratios etc etc? commordore T56 has been done before,in a 10 sec R31 in adelaide cheers darren
0 likes
GouldyArchived member
I got a vl 9.5inch flywheel if any 1 needs 1 pm me
0 likes
cagedArchived member
i have a wrecker spec box with a short shifter i only put oil in it because it was empty in the frame of mine its cheap lets break it then think about something different it did 4 years on the road running in the 11s @ 130ish mph at the track then another 2 years of drag only running 10s @ high 130mph with full slicks and 6800rpm two step launch and still all good. It has been through 2 blown clutches, 1 smashed centre bearing, 3 broken uni's, 1 pretzal tailshaft, 2 folded lower control arms and then 2 broken axles. I pulled it down thinking i should look at the damage NONE wasnt even fillings in the oil THEY ARE TUFF
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today47

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 355 images saved from CT