Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

VL Group A SS Brock

Started by Soluble · 21 Oct 2013 · 47 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo (partial recovery). Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

SolubleArchived member
I'm in the states til December, it will be ready when I get back just have to finalize a few things then and she's all mine! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
ss nutArchived member
Congrats mate!her history to you is priceless! Cheers Marty
0 likes
jetsonracArchived member
Lucky bugger Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
TheChadArchived member
Not sure a lost family member is something to consider lucky... Good job on committing to it, beautiful cars, can't wait to see some more pictures.
0 likes
BoyracerArchived member
Best looking cars on the Street, mine got ripped off in '96, make sure you have good security.
0 likes
SolubleArchived member
My house is mighty secure. Can't wait to get back and see how its come up.
0 likes
SolubleArchived member
Picked it up last night. Was a bit late to take any photos. Will get some up tonight. She's come up around 90% new! Just need to find the rear boot garnish black strip which is broken. Pretty excited.
0 likes
WaughyArchived member
Good to hear you got it, hopefully being you late Father's the estate didn't go for too much money. As you said, you've bought it more for sentiment than really wanting the car. Sounds like it's getting a good home and the treatment it deserves. Like most others, I wouldn't mess with it, I had a 5L Calais and just doing headers and intake manifold made a reasonable difference, I was more than happy with how it drove. This thing would be better than that with the work Brocky put into them.
0 likes
SolubleArchived member
Purchased out of the estate for 25k. Spent 3.5k on the details. Its as good as it can get without a full respray which I didn't want to get done. A few little paint issues, but its an old car left untouched for years so that's to be expected.
0 likes
WaughyArchived member
Sounds like you did well, look forward to seeing some pics of the end result. Not sure about down in Vic, but there's a mob here called whatscratch. Had my old black captiva detailed before selling and it looked brand new in the end. I had dulled the hell out of it using a brush at the car wash (long story). Cost me $300 and i think it was well worth it for the end result.
0 likes
SolubleArchived member
Pics are up! Front bumper marks are bugs. There was plenty of them last night! (Excuse the garage, new house still working through it :P)
0 likes
WaughyArchived member
Looks fantastic, I for one am jealous. The VL is my fave of the 80's models, especially a V8. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)
0 likes
VL-DanArchived member
Mate she looks a million bucks I reckon your Dad would be mighty proud of what you've done bringing it back up to this standard....Good onya Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
BoyracerArchived member
Still needs a few things to be perfect, looks like the front seats have been done but I would look for another momo and some better VK Berlina tail lights. Fantastic example, congrats.
0 likes
SolubleArchived member
Yeah, steering wheel, gear knob, small tear in rear seat, black garnish on the boot, rocker covers have a small amount of rust and the audio connections must be loose! All in good time. Interior was pretty dirty. So it came up pretty well after a good clean!
0 likes
SMOKEDArchived member
Lovely looking car. ! Boyracer, What did you mean by 'the front seats have been done'? Cheers
0 likes
12maneymArchived member
Wow that is mac daddy!
0 likes
3lturboArchived member
Looks nice, glad you managed to get her.
0 likes
SolubleArchived member
Over the next couple of years as I can afford it the few bits and pieces will be restored and fixed. Just did what I could afford on top of the purchase for now. I have the original fabric which dad purchased back in the day for the back seat tear. Steering wheel and gear knob are quite expensive but will be replacing them and keeping the originals. New rocker covers should be easy enough to come by. The black strip on the boot seems hard to find for a reasonable price. Will hund down some good tail lights. Then I would say its nearly there
0 likes
WaughyArchived member
One thing I'll say is to be very careful of the vacuum switches on the front of the intake manifold. The nipples break off easy once the palstic gets brittle. The passenger side is replaceable (was a few years back when I did my Calais), the driver side is near on impossible to find. No idea why no one has made one aftermarket like the passenger side (better design too). I was lucky and scored one off a guy that was building up a VK for the track and didn't need the emmisions crap.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 3 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today39

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 274 images saved from CT