Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

whos running over 30psi

Started by 86SLVLT · 6 Sept 2013 · 23 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

cagedArchived member
I'm starting to stress a little now I have been only at about 20 psi till now in a couple of weeks I am doing a retune with about the same boost 35-38. I had a cometic gasket but after hot lapping at the drags because it was origin night 8 passes in like 2 hours it started to push water out so I out with motor straightened the head and decked the block I used a mls permaseal gasket and I haven't had a problem I even reused it once while the engine was getting machined I got a wrecker bottom end so I could keep racing and had no problems then so fingers crossed the new one can handle the boost fingers crossed
0 likes
86SLVLTArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by GM-087 [View Post] can you get stronger 11mm studs ??? arp do L19 series studs but I don't think they come in the correct lengths for our engines. how much grunter?? pm me haha
0 likes
grunter01Archived member
I can get them in the correct length... I will get the price for you.
0 likes
sherman89Archived member
It worked out cheaper for me to go half inch studs than it was to buy l19, but I had the engine out already.. If you don't wanna pull engine then l19 makes sense. In saying that rips swear by using 11mm studs in all their engines... As do many people.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 6 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today82

6,402 threads, 42,765 posts and 629 images saved from CT

18.7% of indexed threads saved