Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

My A9Y VL Calais Wagon

Started by priceysVL · 4 Sept 2013 · 138 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo (partial recovery). Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

VLT222Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by priceysVL [View Post] Yeah no daily duties, purely a cruiser,but will be driven like a daily as soon as I get it registered haha The standard seal's work fine man, my red sl had the screen taken out and rust repair's done and I used to wash it at least once a week without a problem, and still to this day I see the car and its fine.. But I can understand the piece of mind it gives you knowing theres a proper seal in there.. Looking mint anyway man, cant wait to see this cruising or at the meet man?
0 likes
priceysVLArchived member
It would be ready for c4c but I don't have the money ATM t ---------- Post added 09-09-13 at 21:49 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by VLT222 [View Post] The standard seal's work fine man, my red sl had the screen taken out and rust repair's done and I used to wash it at least once a week without a problem, and still to this day I see the car and its fine.. But I can understand the piece of mind it gives you knowing theres a proper seal in there.. Looking mint anyway man, cant wait to see this cruising or at the meet man? Thanks dude. You should buy it back haha. Work wise it would be ready but I just don't have the money to register it now. Rego is due for my daily so priorities there.
0 likes
BigM22Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by priceysVL [View Post] Thanks dude. You should buy it back haha.. There are so many people on this site (myself included) who are spewing that you sold the red SL VLT222 lol
0 likes
VLT222Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by BigM22 [View Post] There are so many people on this site (myself included) who are spewing that you sold the red SL VLT222 lol Hahaha mate I know don't you worry, if I could buy it back I would but the guy I sold it to wouldn't budge at all so I bought a different one lol
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
this is awesome i'm glad theres another wagon out there going to stupid lengths with their car resto. I hope that interior comes up choice. also paint looks good but you need soma badges and some straighter weatherstrip chrome for sure!
0 likes
priceysVLArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by SIroller [View Post] this is awesome i'm glad theres another wagon out there going to stupid lengths with their car resto. I hope that interior comes up choice. also paint looks good but you need soma badges and some straighter weatherstrip chrome for sure! Cheers man. Yeah still need to put the badges back on. Couple of exterior blemishes ill get fixed but all in due time.
0 likes
priceysVLArchived member
Got the underlay down Not 100% happy with the carpet, few little stains that hopefully I can touch up. Carpet is back in and also fitted the rear seat, left the hex bits at work so couldn't put the front seats in today. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
#adzArchived member
carpet came up pretty good aye, any more progress?
0 likes
priceysVLArchived member
Not much lately. Just getting some coin together and chasing a steering wheel and a few other pieces. I have a set of all working window regs and motors to go in but I'm a bit hesitant as I haven't done them before.
0 likes
#adzArchived member
hopefully u come across one for a good price. seeing what you've done to this is really making me want to do similar to my wags!
0 likes
priceysVLArchived member
Alright guys, not much has happened since the last update, just been saving hard. And it paid off, picked up this yesterday. Standard a8 with an mx7 behind it, pedals, ecu and tailshaft. Aiming to have it in and running by the end of November. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
SELO XST 045Archived member
i like your progress man, keep it up carpet looks great. 100 times better.
0 likes
12maneymArchived member
why havent i seen this thread! lookin good mate leave the motor standard i reckon no cooler just a big air box flutter ( ABF)
0 likes
priceysVLArchived member
Yeah once it's in will be standard with airbox, cooler down the track. Still a lot of other stuff to do before its on the road, windows, door runners, suspension. Really want to do a lot before the end of the year so I can enjoy it during summer
0 likes
BigM22Archived member
Nice! Clean factory set up would suit this so well As you seem to be aiming for anyway
0 likes
VLT222Archived member
Oath bro!!! This is coming along nice, that carpet looks so mint aswell. This thing will be so mint when it's done man..
0 likes
priceysVLArchived member
Cheers man. Still a loooong way to go
0 likes
philbyArchived member
fkin nice!!!
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Beautiful wagon buddy. Great work too!
0 likes
priceysVLArchived member
Well, reading back on some of my posts planning to have this up and running by the end of 2013 I have failed myself. Too many hangovers and not enough motivation to work on the wagon. But I've finally pulled my finger out and made some progress today after work. Removed the gearbox from the engine and getting the flywheel machined tomorrow. Tucked in the ute, will give it a full clean before joining it back up with the motor. Now the wagon is getting towed to my work tomorrow where the engine swap will take place over the weekend and maybe see if I can get the windows working aswell. To do before new engine goes in: - Timing belt, water pump, cam/crank seals - flywheel machine, new clutch kit, new thrust and spigot bearings - plugs and leads (done) - rear main seal - engine mounts - thermostat - new slave cylinder and clutch master Then hopefully it just slides in. Pic of the new daily. Vz ss 6speed Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 6 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today82

6,402 threads, 42,765 posts and 628 images saved from CT

18.7% of indexed threads saved