Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

HSV Y Series Senator

Started by MUS · 13 Aug 2013 · 41 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

MUSArchived member
Thanks alot buddy, appreciate it. I think its the little things that add up and make a big difference in the end, and also make my car that little bit more unique. After i get my hands on some chrome lug nuts I will paint the drums black or gold as they are old and dull looking, then get some new upgraded rotors... Then move on to the bay Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
what u rekon the power upgrade will b?? or u rekon just a little more responsive?
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by dougall83 [View Post] what u rekon the power upgrade will b?? or u rekon just a little more responsive? Lol I love your sig. Brings me back every time I see it.. I'm hoping it will definetly be more responsive, I already have extractors so I should definitely see a bigger power gain and fuel economy boost when I get the edit done. Most VX - VY SS models see about 235rwk, so if I get that that or hopefully more I will be happy. I'm more so looking forward to the better fuel economy, mines a pig lol. It already chirps 2nd without any mods so I'm not looking forward to that, that seems to be something all the auto guys are hanging for when then they mafless tune their auto LS1s lol.
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
ha ha yep im a massive simpsons fan! im always trying to talk my little girl and boy into watching simpsons over Disney junior and dora but, they always win lol
0 likes
TRELL4Archived member
Flooorrr matss! Ended up going a little darker inside and standard color on the outer trim so they don't look soo dirty. There a 3 piece soo the back ones don't get lost under the front seats haha Let me know who you find to get a maffless tune and how much i got a duspeed OTR a month ago and its just sitting there lol [Click image for larger version Name: image-4160048993.jpg Views: 136 Size: 44.4 KB ID: 62005] (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/attachment.php?s=0111beabc64bdea53822e145c581ef00&attachmentid=62005&d=1387531603)
0 likes
TRELL4Archived member
Hey man i have a cheap Duspeed OTR for sale if you haven't got your tune done yet! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Elllaaaa reh. I dont unpdate the thread anymore because there is no interest.. I got a otr, im booked in for the 17th next month for my tune But I have a el cheapo otr, pm a price chich. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
TRELL4Archived member
Im interested in the thread haha I ended up putting it on my late last night because i didn't like the OTR that the tuner installed for me Awsome man update on how much you end up running. i got mine done on monday did about 240rwkw with just OTR full exhaust extractors back and Highflow cats. You should be about the same Ohh and also guess what i found!! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395367781.834810.jpg (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/attachment.php?s=1edf984617355ee9b5ecf7c9bb5c5fbd&attachmentid=62595&d=1395367791) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
3lturboArchived member
Keep the updates coming MUS. Have you changed the diff ratio's? We noticed a big difference in response when we did ours, really got the LS moving.
0 likes
TRELL4Archived member
Yeah im looking at going to upgrade my gears i heard 3.9's are the go
0 likes
TRELL4Archived member
Wow Very nice work man! I need to do my headlights also there getting a little old. I think i saw your car on SC also The Hsv SV wheels look tuff man but soo pricey I just kept looking for senators at wreckers HPW got a Signature in i called up straight away and asked if it had floor mats and it did. Went straight up there and they were genuine got them and steamed cleaned them and they look as good as new! Soo happy i wonder if i can get someone to make copys off of it? They would sell easy Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by TRELL4 [View Post] Wow Very nice work man! I need to do my headlights also there getting a little old. I think i saw your car on SC also The Hsv SV wheels look tuff man but soo pricey I just kept looking for senators at wreckers HPW got a Signature in i called up straight away and asked if it had floor mats and it did. Went straight up there and they were genuine got them and steamed cleaned them and they look as good as new! Soo happy i wonder if i can get someone to make copys off of it? They would sell easy If you want easy money chief, CALL ME! I Will buy them guaranteed. Yeah I got a thread on SC, I'm not to familiar with the forum so I just a few of the sections, unlike like ct... I kill it lmao. I never tried with wreckers for the senator.. I will now lol. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
3lturboArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by MUS [View Post] This engine is for sale if anybody is interested.. Please pm for more details. This sounds interesting! Going bigger?
0 likes
NASTY1Archived member
love the vy range by far in my opinion one of holdens best i love my clubsport. yeah whats the go with eng?
0 likes
CYNICLArchived member
RB30 with hiflow T3 Senator? haha.
0 likes
BigM22Archived member
Nah Ecotec 3.8 conversion lol
0 likes
MUSArchived member
....................... Time will tell Hopefully will have the new engine in by the 20th of next month...... Maybe even a manual conversion but then again, time will tell lol. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
grunter01Archived member
dont lie mus your just putting a pod filter and a flux compacitor on it....
0 likes
AnthoArchived member
MUS sweet car dude. I want one!
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Thanks Antho. Quote: Originally Posted by grunter01 [View Post] dont lie mus your just putting a pod filter and a flux compacitor on it.... And a BT1 Chip, my mechanic said it goes hand in hand with the flux for extra jiggawatts.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 0 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today109

11,613 threads, 88,036 posts and 1,173 images saved from CT

33.9% of indexed threads saved