Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

whats the fastest ET street radials full weight VL now?

Started by Wld2jz · 9 July 2013 · 47 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

2rismoArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by CHRGD6 [View Post] Yes, he did. But the topic is about the fastest "full street" VL, not who had what trim. I wouldn't class PVL as street. It's got a good, underbonnet set up, races on the right rubber and is well-presented enough to maybe drive on the street but is it "full street" as the OP stipulated? This guy knows.
0 likes
CHRGD6Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Jet R31 [View Post] theres never any winners in the "is this a street car debate", lol That's the big issue, Darren. The OP posed what is in actual fact a very vague question. Does a street car need rego, or does it just need to drive on the street? Two very similar questions, but worlds apart. I saw VL GOD drive on the street once. Can we slap some radials on that and claim it as a street car? Then there's the whole grey area of 'street legal'... I'm glad SHER1F rated a mention because that's an ace car in my books. That's about as honest as street cars come, and it's f*cking fast.
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
Just talking about ET radial wearing full weight cars - I can't see where it's talking about 'street' or being rego'd.
0 likes
ls1pwrArchived member
If A car has rego and they drive it on the street then its a street car. Just to put another spanner in the works ET street radial arn't street legal anyway. And all the states rules are different too plus all the fast cars have something that's not legal done to them anyway so there not street legal Game Over
0 likes
VlTurboM8Archived member
bln355 the vk v8 single turbo which is pretty close to a vl just different headlights lol goes alright in the x275 class which is radials. that is full street calais trim and is heavy, don't know if he drives it on the street or if he has payed the rego on the plates since its going pretty fast now
0 likes
spewbt1Archived member
i thought et streets were legal?
0 likes
DUF588Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by spewbt1 [View Post] i thought et streets were legal? So did I. My is a full street car. That's what I thinks a street car is.
0 likes
GAS747Archived member
who cares if etstreets arent 100% legal, what car is? You dont see many engineered cars cruising around that would pass EPA etc anyway.
0 likes
RB2GOArchived member
I don't care to weigh into the street car debate, but dot et street radials are not a legal road going tyre. I used to hate all these arguments and different invented records, but I'm happy to see a bit of interest back in it all and a lot of VL's putting up low et's, keep it up ---------- Post added 15-07-13 at 20:39 ---------- ^typed that before your reply came up gas
0 likes
Jet R31Archived member
Yeh they aren't street legal..american d.o.t.. having said that i drove 1000 of km on the friggin things, i even drove from Adelaide to Melbourne and back on them in treachorous conditions on way back with my mum. wife and kids in car, and they where still safe as..just coudn't pass with more than 1/4 throttle as it was a 133-140 mph trapping car ...so they are a street tyre to me.. The only time they ever moved was when i was up in the flinders ranges with them and there was a massive storm and i think i hit a oil patch on the rd in the wet , going round a bend at 100km and the car moved around a little bit in the back, that was it.. i love what all you guys are doing now with them and pump E85..its awesome guys, keep it up! cheers darren
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
do they hook up on the street alright? I was told they get chewed to bits easily, so I never bothered with them.
0 likes
Jet R31Archived member
depends, on size, sidewall..and turbo/cam/converter etc sizing,eg how hard the powerband comes on.. thats where all your fancy pants C02 boost controllers like the 'AMS1000, boost leash, hyperkontrol etc really come in to play.. radials don't like get unloaded compared to a bias ply, which regrips heaps easier, and radials are a lot harsher on axles/driveshafts aswell... thats why if you go fast on radials..its impressive.. cheers darren
0 likes
chunksArchived member
Anything with a full cage isn't technically "legal" so I don't know why people get so caught up about minor details of cars being street legal? Registered and driven on the street = street car.
0 likes
mkd.jetArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by chunks [View Post] Anything with a full cage isn't technically "legal" so I don't know why people get so caught up about minor details of cars being street legal? Registered and driven on the street = street car. Spot on just like dufs car street driven
0 likes
sherman89Archived member
I've done minimal street driving with them on but they worked pretty well, 1st gear was wheel spinning abit so used minimal throttle, but once in top gear I pretty much rolled on the throttle and it hooked up good.
0 likes
SHERIFArchived member
I considered my old car a street car, it had rego blue tag for every mod including the full cage, it had a full exhaust with 2 mufflers and a cat and I drove it around on the street not as much in the end as I did before I ran me first 8, the night we ran my first 8 I came home took the 28x9 slicks off put the ET Radials back under and we went for a drive best night ever. I raced it at Heathcote for the VL nationals with being full weight with exhaust and all just with 28x9 slicks , then I raced a street car shootout up here in QLD with radials 9.10@157, If a car has rego and is driven on the street to me that's a street car if not go buy a daewoo
0 likes
CRBSK8Archived member
There you go Duf 9.1 @ 157
0 likes
DUF588Archived member
That's mad sherif...full respect to you and your old car with the radial that's going to be hard to beat you have 10mph on me.... What power did you run that with and what boost Thanks chris
0 likes
GAS747Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by SHERIF [View Post] I considered my old car a street car, it had rego blue tag for every mod including the full cage, it had a full exhaust with 2 mufflers and a cat and I drove it around on the street not as much in the end as I did before I ran me first 8, the night we ran my first 8 I came home took the 28x9 slicks off put the ET Radials back under and we went for a drive best night ever. I raced it at Heathcote for the VL nationals with being full weight with exhaust and all just with 28x9 slicks , then I raced a street car shootout up here in QLD with radials 9.10@157, If a car has rego and is driven on the street to me that's a street car if not go buy a daewoo insane man always loved ur car SHERIF. So *** quick man ---------- Post added 17-07-13 at 21:47 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by chunks [View Post] Anything with a full cage isn't technically "legal". actually mine passes engineered already been pulled over 3 times this year in it lol Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
SRBMUUArchived member
drives on the street= street car simple. sherrif i love your car didnt know it went that quick on radials thats crazy!! well done man i only hope i can even get a 9 with mine on radials lol
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 227 images saved from CT