Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

HSV Release GEN F HSV!

Started by SMOKED · 15 May 2013 · 57 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

PROGMHArchived member
Ok woah that rear is ugly.
0 likes
5spdvlArchived member
Front - looks like a wrx/subaru Back - Mazda 6
0 likes
AnthoArchived member
The back end is ugly as, no amount of getting used to it will change that. The front looks good, but I think the bottom half looks a but tacky, perhaps a bit over-styled Having said that I would never ever ever buy one.
0 likes
KALAYArchived member
420 SUPERCHARGED v8... who says its the last hurrah for the car? going out with a bang...
0 likes
WhiteExecArchived member
The holden exterior designers must have been drunk as farts when they styled this thing out of a block of clay, jeez that thing is ugly......and it weighs in at 1880KG !!!! Australias most powerfull production car..........................................at almost the weight of a bogie truck LOL! Ill stick to my VL thanks....has the whole push button start keyless entry auto closing windows bla bla bla and the power in a year or so :P Just need an electric handbrake *rolleyes* YUCK
0 likes
3lturboArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by *LOACH* [View Post] I would have thought that most people on here would dislike the electric handbrake because you can't have as much fun with it. What are the advantages of it? Do you still need to have the key in the ignition to make the engine start with the button? 100k is a lot of money but what other 600hp+ new cars are available in that price range. Personally I don't mind the styling, will be good to see it in a variety of colours. IMO the factory handbrakes are an eyesore, and to be honest you don't really buy a car like the GTS to do D1GP winning drifts, where you need to use the handbrake (well we don't anyway). Front bumper and grill look ugly too, hopefully they sort out the styling for the series two when they bring one out later on down the track. WhiteExec I think you should stick to your vl with blown air con, and no reverse too Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
trkdupArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Bax [View Post] Quite possibly the ugliest rear I've ever seen. Ever. Once I saw the rear, everything else was now null and void. Have to agree that is so ugly. But each to their own I'm sure some poeple will make them look nice!! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
RJB-223Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by *LOACH* [View Post] I would have thought that most people on here would dislike the electric handbrake because you can't have as much fun with it. What are the advantages of it? Do you still need to have the key in the ignition to make the engine start with the button? 100k is a lot of money but what other 600hp+ new cars are available in that price range. Personally I don't mind the styling, will be good to see it in a variety of colours. Main benefit of electric handbrake is design and ergonomics, you can design a simple and clean looking centre console without an ugly big lever in the way. When you have 430kW and 740Nm on tap in the GTS you definetly don't need a handbrake to have fun VF range with push button start haven't got an ignition barrel. The key can be in your pocket or in the centre console to start the car. Exterior styling may be dividing people at the moment, but in 2020 when aussie built RWD v8's will be extinct, I think a lot of people will be looking back at these VF's as aussie icons and people will accept the styling Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
Can someone do a photoshop of the ass end lower..
0 likes
SHIZNTArchived member
Quick dodgey photoshop.... Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
TRELL4Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by SHIZNT [View Post] Quick dodgey photoshop.... Looks a tad better lower but still such a Camry rear end! Front looks good though.
0 likes
SIKVLTArchived member
Get rid of the boot spoiler, smoke the tail lights, delete the slim red lights, debadge and colour code the exhaust inserts
0 likes
*LOACH*Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by RJB-223 [View Post] Main benefit of electric handbrake is design and ergonomics, you can design a simple and clean looking centre console without an ugly big lever in the way. When you have 430kW and 740Nm on tap in the GTS you definetly don't need a handbrake to have fun VF range with push button start haven't got an ignition barrel. The key can be in your pocket or in the centre console to start the car. Exterior styling may be dividing people at the moment, but in 2020 when aussie built RWD v8's will be extinct, I think a lot of people will be looking back at these VF's as aussie icons and people will accept the styling Thanks for the info. Given the choice I would rather keep the mechanical handbrake as they can be integrated quite nicely into the design of the centre console and I would prefer to have it. I guess the electronic handbrake is set up so you can do hill starts with it? The push button start however sounds great. I have had the ignition barrels on my VL and the VP I used to have fail away from home necessitating a locksmith. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
EvilPetArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by PROGMH [View Post] I'm pretty impressed by the new VF range, especially the HSV styling. They're smart by having their top of the line car with over 600hp too! I'm not too sure why but every where I read everyone absolutely hates the styling and bags out HSV reminiscing about when a walkinshaw was perfect (Yet didnt sell well). I can't wait to see some of these out on the road! The VL Walkinshaw did sell well until they expanded the run by another 250 cars due to demand.
0 likes
PROGMHArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by EvilPet [View Post] The VL Walkinshaw did sell well until they expanded the run by another 250 cars due to demand. Years later dealers were modifying them to sell and get off the lot. I wouldn't call that great demand. That's why there's some with half body kits, calais fronts etc.
0 likes
BaxArchived member
Two seconds of farting around
0 likes
5spdvlArchived member
Those tailights have to go Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
CYNICLArchived member
They seem to look better on the road than they do in the digital artist drawings. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9adK2lEg4w I don't mind the look of the VF Calais but they are all pretty meh.
0 likes
RJB-223Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by *LOACH* [View Post] Thanks for the info. Given the choice I would rather keep the mechanical handbrake as they can be integrated quite nicely into the design of the centre console and I would prefer to have it. I guess the electronic handbrake is set up so you can do hill starts with it? The push button start however sounds great. I have had the ignition barrels on my VL and the VP I used to have fail away from home necessitating a locksmith. The electric handbrake is not always necessary for hill starts. Instead, when the car detects a gradient/hill the electronic brake control module automatically applies pressure to the calliper pistons and the brakes hold the car. You could engage the electric handbrake yourself if you want and than the handbrake will automatically disengage once clutch is engaged and a certain percentage of throttle is applied.
0 likes
EvilPetArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by PROGMH [View Post] Years later dealers were modifying them to sell and get off the lot. I wouldn't call that great demand. That's why there's some with half body kits, calais fronts etc. Did you read what I wrote? The initial run was so successful they expanded it by 250 (which THEN didn't sell) - To say the entire run of Walkinshaw cars was unsuccessful is incorrect.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today82

6,422 threads, 42,865 posts and 632 images saved from CT

18.8% of indexed threads saved