Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
12-06-16, 10:38 GMT+10#21 (http://s517.photobucket.com/user/adzmoore/media/Mobile%20Uploads/ED163EA8-5885-4734-9AB9-38F9126B3672.jpg.html)
Motor has been fully stripped for a couple of weeks.
Bores look good. Leaning towards new rings, bearings, some valve springs and a couple of turbos. But that could change lol
Can anybody give me first hand experience of how much the getrag can handle? Pretty sure it won't, so sussing out t56 conversions.
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
13-06-16, 09:56 GMT+10#22 damn that escalated wuickly. mine is still hibernating
0 likes
13-06-16, 17:41 GMT+10#23 lol...was pretty much ready to order my cam and be happy with that, but having access to the facilities at work I know that I would regret not going in this direction.
0 likes
14-06-16, 09:27 GMT+10#24 i couldn't tell you what a manual will handle but i dont recon she would handle twin turbos.
have you considered a manualised auto? should hold the power better, allows for transbreaks and it will bypass the issue of wiring harnesses etc which a normal auto needs in a vl.
0 likes
14-06-16, 12:32 GMT+10#25 Has to be manual. Was gonna do the auto thing so the missus could drive it, but stuff it.
T56 should handle it, and is not too difficult going by what I've read so far.
Not chasing qtr mile times or big hp, just bit of low rpm fun for the streets...and wank factor
0 likes
27-06-17, 03:19 GMT+10#26 Another year gone...and nothing done
Have moved the car to work (maybe easier to work on?) and continued down the pulling things apart track. Latest to be disassembled is the diff.
Plan is to paint the housing, do the gusset thing on the lower trailing arms, fit all new bushes, reco the brakes, install LSD keeping the 3.08:1 gears.
0 likes
28-06-17, 13:58 GMT+10#27 im glad I'm not the only one getting nowhere!
I need to fix my boot floor, buy back one of my stolen cars, swap in the diff and K frame, The fuel tank and fuel system and then send a tailshaft and wiring loom off to be rebuilt.
from there I'm giving up and hanballing my 5l conversion to a mate who will hopefully get it running.
0 likes