Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Forged pistons rods head stud kit

Started by vlturbosh · 22 Apr 2013 · 23 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

SilverCalArchived member
LOL at thread! vlturbosh, it's kind of hard to tell if your serious sometimes lol! Not trying to have a go at ya mate and neither is anyone else.The answers have pretty much already been said above lol, This forum is filled with the answers you need just start searching! P.s building a vl turbo is not a cheap hobby, sure you can do it on the cheap side but guaranteed you will end up doing it twice which will add up in the end! Make your decision wisely as to what level you want to take your car too
0 likes
vlturboshArchived member
Darren I got a lot of respect for ya mate thanks for trying to help, firstly ill give you guys my background I'm a 20 yearold carpenter by trade who's driven Honda accords and corollas his whole life lol, I have been a massive vl fan since I could read and write, particularly the calais, I had always wanted to work on one as my project car so 6 months ago I went out and found a mint condition standard VL Calais, with no knowledge about cars mechanically I just done my best with learning off this forum, and it's been a big help so far what I have done is bolted on a gt34\40 turbo, front mount intercooler, pod air intake short pipe from bottom mounted turbo, microtech lt10c computer, Siemens deka 600 cc injectors, Aeroflow 044 fuelpump, 3 inch exhaust with high flow cat. And a decent tune from visrotary in narellan, at the moment I'm running 11 pound boost but I want to ramp this up to have more fun. ---------- Post added 23-04-13 at 21:47 ---------- Gt3540**
0 likes
TheChadArchived member
Some legitimate questions for any first timer to ask and presented in English, which is more than I can say about most of the people who come here asking questions/quite a lot of the general populace of this forum As for what you need to do mate, if you want to push it hard you will need forged pistons and rods, as well as a prepped block. you will not need a grout filled block etc. I recommend buying 2nd hand parts where you can, provided they aren't flogged. I think you should do some research though, at least cover the basics. the only way you will learn is by asking questions and reading though. Because there is a lot more to an engine than just pistons and rods, and a whole bunch of stuff that needs to be done at the same time. Take your time, learn, read, then purchase bits. in 2 years you'll be making fun of people who come in here asking (and I don't mean any offence, yet) silly questions.
0 likes
Jet R31Archived member
Well if you havn't got a cams and springs, you want them first something with 220-230@.50 duration, as without one your pissing in the breeze power wise The rest comes down to budget cheers darren
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 6 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today82

6,402 threads, 42,765 posts and 629 images saved from CT

18.7% of indexed threads saved