Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

My 1987 Berlina photos

Started by Stock_87 · 21 Apr 2013 · 32 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

fleasArchived member
Have to be patient I'm afraid. As for the mudflaps, it took me years to find a new decent front pair. Still chasing rear ones. I reckon the rear commodore mudflaps look ok if you get desperate. Most young blokes on their Ps just chuck em away as soon as they see them lol. You must be keen.
0 likes
Stock_87Archived member
Yeah it looks like i'll need to be patient. Hmm yeas for mud flaps? I think i'm going to wing it and just slap some universal mudflaps on. Yeah look theres a few p plate VLs roaming my area with dirty big rims, stickers and bonnet gauges (N/A) and it's just a disgrace. I aim to keep this iconic Holden spec! Edit: Just found these on Ebay..thought? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HOLDEN-HJ...em 4d0bd5719a (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HOLDEN-HJ-HX-HZ-Universal-fit-Mud-Flaps-1-pair-NOS-/330911019418?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d0bd5719a) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
BigM22Archived member
Glad I didn't throw my mud flaps away then lol
0 likes
Stock_87Archived member
haha lucky, now hand 'em over Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
BigM22Archived member
Nahhh I think I'll hang on to them
0 likes
AnfyzArchived member
love it dude keep it the way it is till youre off P's and put 10k into the engine! make people look twice when you cruise down the street it'd be sick
0 likes
5spdvlArchived member
I wouldn't change anything about this car. At all.
0 likes
Stock_87Archived member
Thankyou Anfyz, i'm glad you like it! Hmm I know what you mean I'd love to throw on a cheeky turbo but i'm in two minds..on one hand it's a completely untouched RB30 with 128kms..on the other it's a perfect candidate! Thanks 5spdvl, I take it you like how it looks? As I said the only things left are a bonnet guard, mudflaps and (hopefully) turbo caps Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Stock_87Archived member
Got my hands on an unopened Aunger bonnet shield from 1989, Holden front mudflaps (had to soak in crc, degrease and tyre shine) and some temporary no brand mudflaps for the back. If you can see, I finally got a dashmat too. Here are some pics from a drive to the Great Ocean Road, Erskine Falls and the likes. On the way to Geelong During the day on the way to the Great Ocean Road A tree fell across the road, waiting for the SES to clear it. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
CYNICLArchived member
Looks good on the flappers. What kind of springs is this riding on btw? looks good.
0 likes
Stock_87Archived member
Thanks bud, it's on pedders rear and kmac adjustable fronts I believe
0 likes
Ceptor86Archived member
Mate, that's one tidy VL. I'm sure it's even more impressive in the flesh! I'll spend the next ten years searching for genuine parts to restore mine and it wouldn't come close to yours. What I wouldn't do for an opportunity to pick one up that clean. Enjoy it mate. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 likes
Stock_87Archived member
Thanks Ceptor86 that's very kind. I'm glad you like it - hopefully there's some kind of Melbourne meet/cruise and you can have a look. From what I can see yours is pretty mint too though! The sad thing is maybe I won't enjoy it enough as it's locked away and only released once a week haha. Cheers
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 6 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today8

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 47 images saved from CT