Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Gold Vl berlina series 200 project

Started by Adam95 · 2 Mar 2013 · 30 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

Adam95Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by SIroller [View Post] that series 200 was a good car. about 3 others including mysef were after it but old codger wouldn't let anyone come look at it! "Oh such and such said they would come next week so I'll wait until then" " Yes , I was lucky to get the car and for the price I got it for others were offering him more to come and buy it , but he stuck to his word which was good and as for the exhaust setup It came with the vl I just brought and it does have a nice note to it so I'm not gonna complain ---------- Post added 18-03-13 at 23:20 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by CYNICL [View Post] let me know how you like that exhaust setup , im gonna buy the same thing but I think I'll get the rear muffler so it's not too loud.. did you buy a hiflow cat or using the stock one? It sounds nice and yes I'd get the rear muffler so it's not to loud , nah the car I brought had a high flow cat on it well so the guy said but I gotta get under and have a geez I guess ---------- Post added 19-03-13 at 15:03 ---------- Just letting everyone know I'm selling the executive. With out the manual pm if you want it clean car would help someone for there project , beige interior motors done 178***ks Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
what do you want for it? if you need any small parts feel free to pm me i have bits and pieces floating around and know guys who've hoarded elec window switches and the likes.
0 likes
fleasArchived member
Can't beat factory 2" . OG for the win
0 likes
Adam95Archived member
So i was thinking if anyone could help with the manual conversion they could have the exec i brought haha worth asking i guess
0 likes
CYNICLArchived member
If I was in Vic I'd come help ya haha, but the swap should be pretty straight forward mate there's loads of guides and tutorials around. http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=74074
0 likes
BigM22Archived member
If i come past on the weekend, I maybe able to help, or at least give pointers
0 likes
Adam95Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by CYNICL [View Post] If I was in Vic I'd come help ya haha, but the swap should be pretty straight forward mate there's loads of guides and tutorials around. http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=74074 Yeah I read that thread makes it look easier then I thought I'm gonna go for a roady and get reg first before I change anything on it so far from what I can tell for a roady it needs a few bushes in the front end and a new exhaust there's a hole in the one it came with I'm going to get a full list in a week or two
0 likes
rb25vlt8Archived member
Hey mate I've got a series 200 hicomped it and put a cooler and shift Kit on her and welded diff have only seen 3 in wa so must be getting rarer was wondering if you if the seats and door trims are a special item to the s200 or are they just Calais items installed to the berlina ???
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
they are special items. berlina series 2 style bolstering (like the vn) with a series 2 calais style headrest and calais material. check the vn berlina seats. exact same in grey with a different headrest.
0 likes
SLDSHOArchived member
car will look mint when you respray it hope all goes well.
0 likes
200seriesArchived member
sorry to dig up an old thread but how did this thing turn out ? i've had 3 off them, only 1 left now...
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 5 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today47

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 354 images saved from CT