Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

My 88 VL Executive (NEW)

Started by Pezz95 · 4 Feb 2013 · 30 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

Pezz95Archived member
im looking around for some spring and shocks but theres other things ahead on the list like cosmetic stuff
0 likes
priceysVLArchived member
If you want it to sit even you'll need the lower springs in the back. Put ultra lows in the rear and super lows front. Will sit close enough to even. Make sure you get an adjustable psnhard rod too
0 likes
Pezz95Archived member
Havent posted in a while, things have been slow lately. But I pick up some venetians for 120 bucks, the were originally white that were sprayed black here's a few pictures ---------- Post added 27-04-13 at 11:11 ---------- Just picked up some extractors this morning pretty cheap, came with a o2 sensor Now to spray them and then put them in (: Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
VLT222Archived member
Its turning out really well man, reminds me of my old red executive. Definatly needs more low lol..
0 likes
Pezz95Archived member
thanks VLT222, I remember before i bought my vl I was looking at your thread every day for updates on it! haha
0 likes
fleasArchived member
looks the goods now needs OG rear windscreen stickers + SL rear end and it will be sweet as again.
0 likes
Pezz95Archived member
So finally got around to buying some King Springs, I just picked up some Super Lows for 150 for front and rear. Here are some pictures of them, now to get an adjustable panhard rod and possibly new shocks, what does everyone think on the panhard rod and new shocks? Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Pezz95Archived member
UPDATE: Went on a cruise on the weekend and wanted to get the springs in before the cruise, so I got into gear and put them in taking a total of 4 hours. Here are some pictures of lowering the car and the cruise. Got all the tools ready for lowering. The rears finally in. Was to dark to take a photo of it lowered. The guys at wallaroo cruise On the road. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
#adzArchived member
looks sweet with the vt wheels, even better now its lowered
0 likes
VLT222Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Pezz95 [View Post] thanks VLT222, I remember before i bought my vl I was looking at your thread every day for updates on it! haha haha that was a really fun car to work on, I learnt a lot of things working on that thing.. Ever thought about a manaul coversion for yours?
0 likes
Pezz95Archived member
Yeah ive thought about it but im trying to keep the mods easy to put back to original if I wanted to so I dont know lol
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today82

6,452 threads, 42,992 posts and 632 images saved from CT

18.8% of indexed threads saved