Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Meets & events
Meets & events

New kid on the block!!

Started by BUFVLT · 13 Jan 2013 · 27 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

BUFVLTArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by craig [View Post] hahaha YEYAH! man she looked real good back in the day! GOOD WORK! haha love the pics man, wish the car still looked that today! Its been through harder times since you let it go, cheers for the pics man! my fav is the one with all the smoke behind it, she loves it! haha Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
craigArchived member
Oh yeah it knows how to smoke it up, it was a regular at ash rd etc back in the old drag days......I hope you give it the attention it deserves very cool car. I blew the engine about 2 years later melted it my mate brought it off me and put a new det in it then sold it to the guy who painted it purple etc.
0 likes
hsvhelArchived member
definatley a fusing issue, the headlights are a seperate circuit. Start at the dash and work your way back until you find the fuse point. its likely in the bay, probably melted in with the rest
0 likes
NZ-SXYHDTArchived member
WOW BACK IN THE DAY WHEN WE USE TO DO THE BURNOUT COMP AT pUKE IN THE PIT LANE. SWEET PHOTOS.
0 likes
BUFVLTArchived member
Hey guys My car has always had a miss since I bought it and I could never find the cause so Im turning to you boys to get some ideas. Its hard to explain but I'll try my best to give as much info as I can. Heres a few symptoms: -Will never start first pop if its been parked up for more than 6hours. On the first turn itll wind but wont turn over, on the next turn it'll pop but wont start, then on the third or forth turn it'll pop and splutter until it idles. -Will start first pop if it hasnt been sitting for long. -When I put my foot straight down it'll retard then suddenly take off like there was a pipe clogged then all of a sudden it clears, at this time the boost pressure is steady so Ive ruled out that its a vacuum leak but I could be wrong. -At low range of revs itll sometimes miss then pick up but drives fine over 2000revs. Possible causes: -Fuel tank clogged, Im planning to drop the tank and clean it next week. -Blocked fuel lines, Ive used heaps of fuel system cleaner and changed the fuel filter. Opened the old filter and it wasnt too bad. -Wasted spark setup playing up -ECU, might need a tune for wasted spark and bigger turbo -Injectors(Ive used heaps of injector cleaner to no avail) Thats all I can think of but theres too many angles to try attack this so if you guys have any ideas Id love to hear them cos Im tired of chasing my tail! Ask me anything and I'll try answer it as best I can. Cheers
0 likes
hsvhelArchived member
What's youre timing at currently, auto or Manuel.
0 likes
FAQPSIArchived member
nice!
0 likes
BUFVLTArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by hsvhel [View Post] What's youre timing at currently, auto or Manuel. Its manual, and I think the timings as retarded as it can be -10 i think?
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 6 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today82

6,402 threads, 42,765 posts and 628 images saved from CT

18.7% of indexed threads saved